Where are we?

Vulnerable

It was different from what I had expected.  The sky was a dark color, mainly because of the time.  But, I could tell that in the day, it was still a dark color.  There were variations of green, blue and purple in the sky.  It looked weird yet fitting.

Baekhyun had helped me off the dragon and let it rest under a big willow tree.  I took a look around.  This place looked tortured, something out of those creepy Tim Burton movies.  There was what looked like the palace in the distance.  We were just standing in the middle of a field with long grey grass that reached up to my thighs.

Now I was seriously questioning why he had taken me to his own planet.  This place looked sad.

He came up behind me.  “I think we should go get you some shoes.”  I looked down at my bare foot feet; they were cold.

He put two fingers in his mouth and whistled loudly.  Immediately, a figure popped up before us.  It was a lady.  She was about mid 30’s and had a maid’s clothing on.  She had these intricate wings on her back with shades of yellow and pink.  She had a pair of black and green nike’s in her hand.  With a sincere smile she ave them to me and disappeared.

“She is so pretty”, I said silently.

“That’s Hwe Ji.  She is a maid, but very close with us boy.  I think she has a thing for Chen.  I see them flirting a lot” he stated.

“What is she?  A fairy?”  I slipped on shoes.

“No, a nephilim.  Her father was a fallen angel, her mother a mortal.”

“Come on, let’s go” Baekhyun slipped his hand into mine and pulled toward…the forest.

“Ok, if you’re planning to kill me, hide my body in the bushes and pretend like nothing is going to happen then know that I can kick your ”, I made him stop.

He stopped pulling and turned around to look at me.  He had an arrogant look on his face with a stuck up smirk.  He yanked my hand so that I landed right against his chest.  He stared down into my eyes, his breath tickling and running down my face.   His left hand pushed my hair off my shoulder, behind my back.  Then he ran it down my back, right down the crease. 

I had no other choice than to squirm closer against him.  He moved his face to match mines, his lips before mine.  He never broke eye contact.  I was breathing a bit harder than I wanted.  But, when I thought he was going to make a move, he moved his face so that his lips were right next to my ear. 

“Of course I am going to kill you” he said in a silly voice, but it came out a bit husky.  As he spoke, chills ran down my body.  At that moment he released me and continued to pull me.  I was in a daze, who wouldn’t be?  The way he seemed to control me at that one moment was different.  The way he spoke and the way he moved his hands just put me in a trance.

“I can walk on my own”, I decided to laugh it off.  He let go of my hand and we decided to race towards the forest.  As we got closer, I could see a faint glowing in the distance.  But, gigantic paper trees that had magenta color bark filled the forest blocking the light.  I decided to hold hands with him again.  I don’t know anything about Exo and I don’t want to get any cruel surprises.

We moved swiftly in the dark.  I couldn’t see anything at all.  I wonder how Baekhyun knows where he is going.  Oh wait, his power is light; nevermind.  We walked for about 10 minutes in silence.  We were enjoying the beauty of this planet too much to speak.  Just his company was good enough for me.  At least it wasn’t an awkward silence.

Then we came to a stop. 

“Baekhyun, where are we?  I can’t see anything” I panicked trying to feel around for something solid.  My hands landed on something that felt soft.

“Why are you touching my face?”

“Sorry, I just want to see what’s around me” I pouted.  I wasn’t really comfortable being in a forest in the dark in a place I have no clue about.

“Sit directly down” he ordered and I did, hesitantly.  I heard a loud whistle that echoed through the forest.  Suddenly, the space around me was lightened and I could finally see.  Trees surrounded us in a circle.  I was sitting on a blanket that was surprisingly very comfortable.  The moon was right above us and glowing objects were flying in the air.  Not close to me though.  I would have freaked if it came any closer.  Looks like Baekhyun called out his entire glow in the dark bug friends to light up our date.

“Do you like it?”  Baekhyun asked me, scratching his head.  He looked so different here than he was before.  Before, out in the field, he was aggressive and fierce.  Now, he looked like a regular down to earth guy. Why is he so weird and how can he act so swift in one moment and dorky in the next?  

He was turning in circles looking for something.  It was a small box of matches.  He started lighting up some candles and resting them on rocks.

This place looked great, something I wouldn’t have expected from him.

“Yeah, it’s beautiful.”  I thought this planet was scary and disturbing, but I was really beautiful.  Under all of it, there was beauty that could be found.

He finished lighting the last candle and he came back to me.  He took his shoes off and sat on the mat. 

“I thought we could just hang out here for tonight.  I prepared some food, a tent, more blankets, more candles and other stuff.”

“Wait, we going to stay overnight?  In one tent?”  My father would skin Baekhyun alive if he found out.

“No, silly.  I brought two” he laughed and laid down.  I laid down too and stared up at the sky.   There were no stars, just glowing streaks of grey, white and neon yellow.

“I’ve always dreamed that I would fly into the sky, sit among those streaks, or in your planet, clouds.  I would just hide from everyone for a while.  You know, a little time for myself” Baekhyun smiled up at the sky.  He had his hands rested behind his head.  He looked like and adorable little kid.

“I’ve always imagined myself going far away”, I said softly.  I never told anyone what I wished for or what I wanted.  Because if I did, I would get a strong lecturing back.

“And by far, you mean…”  He rolled onto his side to face me.

“Far as in far.  Someplace where I can just abandon this whole princess thing.  A place with no restriction, where I can do what I want, or act the way I want.  Life back in Zyx .  I’ve been following rules all my life.  I’m not mature enough to be queen or a future freakin ruler.  You understand me, right?”

“Would you be mad if I said no?”  I took a look at him and he had the most sincerest look I’ve ever seen on a person.

I took a deep breath.  “No, I’ve heard that response too much times that I get used to it.”  No one ever understands me.

“I guess it’s because I’m not the oldest and I have more siblings so all the pressure isn’t on me.  But, imagine what a world be like if there were no rules?  I think in that state of mind.”

“I’ve heard that one before too.” 

“Well, don’t think about it too hard.  My mom tells me that whenever I think too hard about something, I get dumber.  She says to let the answer come to me” Baekhyun said.

“Ok, mommy’s boy.  I will take your advice” I laughed at him.

“Good because we should eat now” he sat back up and went towards the tent.

 

 

 

======================

OMG..THIS WAS A BORING CHAPTER.  wHAT DO YOU THINK BOUT IT?