Hot Day

All Good Things Come to An End

The next day, it was boiling hot outside, so the thirteen of us, including the manager, decided that it was a bad idea to go outside. We ordered takeout over the phone and waited around the couch for it to arrive.

"Are you feeling better?" Suho asked, and I nodded in response. "We felt so guilty eating out without you."

"And I feel guilty for making you feel guilty." I replied with a smile. "Don't worry."

"Are we just going to stay here all day?" Xiumin asked.

"Basically. There's nothing else to do." Lay said. "Unless you want to be cooked under the sun."

"Wasn't it snowing a few days ago in Korea?"

"Yeah, but with global warming and all..." Xiumin laughed.

"I liked it better when it was snowing." Kai joined.

"Me too," I said.

Suddenly remembering the day when Luhan and I had been playing in the snow, I fished out my phone and leaned back on the couch. Careful that only I could see, I clicked open the screen. I pressed on my picture gallery and tried to look casual as I scrolled through my photos. I didn't notice when a smile spread across my face and hung on my lips.

cleardot.gif

"What are you looking at, Sehun?" Chanyeol asked, trying to peek over my shoulder.

"N-nothing." I quickly clicked the close button on my phone and shoved it back into my pocket.

"Ooooo is it of a girl?" he teased. "Sehun has stalker photos!"

"No I don't!" I could feel my face flare bright red, and I tilted my head down to hide it.

"Then why are you blushing?"

"I'm not! It's just too warm in here." I said. I looked up slightly and saw Luhan smiling on the floor next to Baekhyun. I hoped he didn't take it seriously.

"Quiet down you guys. Is there really nothing we can do?" the manager asked.

"Well, most of the tourist sites here are outdoors." Tao explained.

"Then just sit tight for today," our manager stretched, then said, "I'm going to sleep some more. See you guys later. Wake me if something's wrong." he walked off to his room and pulled the door shut behind him.

The rest of us sat around the couch, not knowing what to do. D.O. and Kai started playing a game, and Luhan watched over Kai's shoulder.

I gazed out the window, not wanting to see the scene in front of me. Airplanes flew by, and I really hated the cloudy sky. Though it was so hot, the sun wasn't out. I sighed and leaned back into the couch even more. We spent the whole morning like that. When it was around lunch time, D.O. left the game and went to prepare some food, and Xiumin took his place.

We ate lunch rather quickly and some members said they were sleepy from the boredom. One by one, they all went disappeared into their rooms for a noon nap. Soon, it was only Luhan and me left in the living room. I sank into the couch once again and clicked on the T.V, making sure the volume was low. The older boy came to sit beside me and both our eyes were glued to the screen even though there was nothing to watch. I passed several Chinese dramas, but none of them interested me right now. Actually, I wasn't even paying attention to the high definition screen in front of me. All I could focus on was the living human being beside me. Feeling that the silence was getting awkward, I tried to start a conversation.

"So... Is there anything you want to watch?" I asked. He shook his head. "Eat?" he hair bobbed around as he shook his head again. "Read? Talk about? Play? Do?"

He gave a small laugh and shook his head again. "I'm fine just sitting here next to you."

"O-Oh." I said, feeling my face heat up.

"Sorry, it didn't come out right." he laughed again.

We sat there in silence, just staring at the show playing in front of us. I didn't even know what we were watching. It only occurred to me later that it had been a nature show. I ran all the things we could do in my head, not wanting to waste my precious alone time with my favrouite hyung. I glanced over at him again to make a suggestion and realized a pale sheen on his face. My excitement turned into worry and dread.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Just tired."

"No, you're not. What's wrong? Are you sick? I'll go tell the manager." I stood up to go knock on his door, and Luhan's hand wrapped around my wrist.

"No need. It'll go away. Just a little headache." he smiled weakly.

"You promised to tell us if you're feeling sick again before, remember? Wait here, I'll be right back." I pried his hand off me and ran off to the manager's room. "Hyung, Luhan's feeling sick again." I said, trying to only wake him. I heard some shuffling sounds behind the door and our manager appeared.

"I'll take him to the hospital." he said, rushing past me to go take a look at Luhan. I was about to follow when another door opened and Suho poked his head out.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"I think Luhan's sick." I told him. "We're taking him to the hospital."

"I'll come too." he noticed the worried look on my face and added, "I'm sure it's just being over worked. An IV drip will fix him up, don't worry." I nodded and the two of us helped our manager move Luhan down the stairs and into the van. The whole way, he was trying to make us give up, for us to take him back. He told us he was fine, but we didn't believe him at all due to his weak tone.

The drive to the hospital was fast, and Luhan was given a blood test. We waited for the results beside his hospital bed. Our manager booked a private room so we wouldn't be disturbed. Seconds after Luhan's head hit the pillow, he was asleep. The rest of us exchanged anxious looks.

"This could take a while." our manager said.

"It's okay, we can wait."

"You two should head back. I'll watch him and call you if something is wrong." Suho suggested and took a seat next to the bed.

"I'll--"

"No. This is a hospital. It's not for young kids like you." EXO's leader said strictly.

"I'm not a kid, I can stay." I protested.

"I said I'd call you, right? Go home and take a nap, then bring me dinner." Suho said, trying to get me to go back to the dorm. I hesitated, then decided there was no other way.

"Alright." I sighed, then followed the manager out the door. When I got back to the dorm, everyone else was still asleep. I opened the computer and searched the web for nutritious food to speed up fatigue recovery.

«   »

As I promised, I went back to the hospital later with dinner for two. I would have brought enough for four, but I knew I would just get shooed out by Suho again with the manager. Impatiently waiting for the elevator, I decided to take the stairs instead when it didn't arrive after one minute.

"Yah, I'm not that young anymore you know!" I heard my manager yell after me. "You expect me to climb six sets of stairs?" He wasn't that old, but I guess he does have a point.

"I'll meet you upstairs, hyung." I called back, and hurried up the stairs. I heard him mumbled something before I was too far away to hear.

I quietly pushed open the door to Luhan's room and peeked in. He was in pretty much the same positions as when I left three hours ago, and it worried me. Suho was looking out the window with his phone in hand.

"Suho-hyung." I said, startling him and almost making him drop his phone.

"S-Sehun. Come-- come in." he stuttered with a smile. Suho never trips over his words, and it made me wonder why he was doing it now.

I set the bag of food on the table beside the bed Luhan was sleeping on. "How is he?" I asked.

"Fine. Just exhaustion. T-the nurse said he'll wake up soon." Suho said, still with the same smile on his lips.

"Is something wrong, hyung?"

"No. No, of course not." he shook his head, his hair whipping through the air. I narrowed my eyes with suspicion. He sure was acting weird.

Just then, our manager came through the door, and Suho gave him a relieved look. "Hi, hyung. How was your day?"

"Could have been better." he replied, then went to stand beside Luhan's sleeping figure. "Has he woken up yet?"

"Stop making it sound like he's in a coma," Suho complained.

"Well, I guess we should go now before our maknae here catches some kind of illness." the oldest in the room patted my head. "Do you want me to switch place with you, Suho?"

"No, I'm fine. I'll stay until he wakes up." Suho said. For some reason, I had a feeling there was more to it than he was saying out loud. His eyes met mine when he glanced my way after noticing my stare. He looked away nervously to the manager. "Hyung, I think you should take Sehun back home now. He should rest so he doesn't get sick too."

"Sure, sure. Let's go, Sehun. Aren't you lucky to have such a caring leader." our manager walked out the door and I followed more slowly. Before closing the door behind me, I looked back at Suho again, trying to place his suspicious behavior. 

Maybe Luhan and him were in an affair? I pushed the thought out of my head. It wasn't possible. Suho and Luhan had a normal member to member relationship, and I've never seen them act differently to each other than from everyone else.

What else could it be? I wondered.

"Sehun, hurry up," my manager called from further up. "The others are waiting for us at home." I hurried after him, but couldn't push away the sinking feeling in my stomach.

- - - - -
Sorry for the extremely late update. My teachers are cramming tests together at the same time now and I have to study. @__@