Why?

All Good Things Come to An End

That night, I could hardly sleep. All I could think about are my guesses of why Luhan is sick. It happened quite suddenly too, he just started having random headaches one day. I rolled around on my bed and kept glancing at the clock. Minutes seemed to crawl by on its knees. Eventually, my eyelids grew tired and slid closed.

Though my eyes are closed, my mind is still quite active. I kept wondering why he needed to be hospitalized. I sigh and roll around more. The fact that Suho isn't here doesn't help me sleep, since I knew he was with Luhan at the hospital right now.

He'll tell me what's wrong tomorrow. I thought. Those were my last thoughts before I fell asleep.

 

«   »
 

I woke to the sound of the door being opened. I leaped off my bed and ran towards the front entrance, startling our team leader. He almost jumped when I appeared out of no where.

"Good morning, Suho-hyung." I greeted, remembering my manners.

"Good morning to you too, Sehun. You're up early." he commented, thought he clearly knew what my response would be.

"How is he?" I asked.

"He's fine. He'll be out by noon." Suho told me, but I noticed something off about his tone of voice, but his answer took a huge burden off my shoulders. I sighed in relief and relaxed. The lack of sleep from earlier caught up, and I yawned. "Go get some sleep. I'll call you when he comes back, if you want."

"Yes, please. Thank you." I walked back to our room and belly-flopped onto my bed. Almost instantly, sleep swallowed me.

 

«   »
 

A few hours later, I woke up by myself without anyone calling me. I looked at the clock and realized I slept for five hours, and it was now 1'oclock in the afternoon. I looked around and Suho was no where to be seen. I slid off my bed and opened the door. It was silent in the dorm, and it confused me. Where is everyone? Suddenly, the T.V. and I heard a glass cup being placed on the table. Walking towards the sound, I saw Luhan sitting on the couch watching a drama.

"Luhan-hyung." I said, relief thick in my voice. However, it quickly went away when Luhan answered.

"Oh, hi, Sehun." he said in an emotionless voice. Usually, he would smile as he talks in a warm tone, but none of those were being used.

"Are you alright?" I was getting worried again. "Why were you hospitalized?"

"No reason. I'm trying to watch something right now, can you please go away?" I was shocked at how he talked to me. He's never used that kind of voice to anyone. I stared at him with my mouth hanging open. "I'm tired right now, why don't you go join the other members who are practicing?"

I didn't know how to respond, so I just nodded and walked out of the room, shock still enveloping me. I headed to the sound-proof practice room and opened the door, only to find it empty. The rest of the members weren't here, so I just backed out and towards the front door to the building.

Once outside, I noticed it was quite cool today, the heat waves gone. I tried to sort out my thoughts as I walked around. A few rounds of walking around the stubby dorm later, I decided to talk to Luhan. He was acting unlike himself, and I wanted to know why. With a determined face, I walk back to EXO's suite.

Pushing the door open with more force than necessary due to frustration, I caused Luhan to look up. Once he saw it was me, he turned his attention back to the television screen. Anger began to bubble inside me, and I forcefully turned the screen off. He gave me a blank look, then picked up a magazine left on the table and began to read it. I ripped it away from his hands and looked him straight in the eyes.

"What's wrong with you?" he demanded.

"I should be the one asking you that." I said. "What happened? Why are you acting like this?!"

"I'm acting like my real self. I've been trying to be nice to you all this time, but I've reached my limit. Now, leave me alone." he snapped at me.

Once again, I was taken back by his hostile behaviour. Tears began to pool in my eyes, and things became blurry. I quickly wiped them away with the back of my hand and continued glaring at him. "I just want to know why you're acting so off!"

"None of your business."

That was the most I could take. I spun around and raced towards the door. Just then, it opened as the other members came back from their trip outside. They first greeted me with a smile that quickly disappeared when they saw my upset face.

"Sehun! What hap--" D.O. began to ask, but I just pushed past them into the hallway. "Sehun!" I didn't turn back and just kept running full speed. I ran out the front gate and along the sidewalk. I didn't stop until my lungs were threatening to burst.

Looking around, I found myself in a park. It looked a lot like the one Luhan and I played around in back in Korea, the day when it snowed. It brought back happy memories, but it only tore at my heart right now. More tears began to swell up in the corner of my eyes, and I smooshed my sleeve into it. I couldn't understand why Luhan was acting so cold towards me. Did I do something wrong? I haven't even seen him since he went to the hospital. Maybe it's because I forced him to go? Guilt crawled its way into my chest and I wondered whether or not I should go apologize.

No, I thought. It's not my fault. My hyungs must have spoiled me, because I felt like such a brat, refusing to admit I did something wrong. But Luhan is so kind... he wouldn't be mad at something like that, right? I sighed and sat down on a swing. I brought my legs back and forth as I created momentum to go higher. When I reached almost my peak, I saw someone hurrying towards me. It was Suho. I drag my feet along the pebbles underneath me to slow myself down as he neared.

"Sehun, what's wrong?" he asked, out of breath.

"Luhan is being mean." I said, sounding more like a temperamental little kid than ever.

"That-- that's because--" he began, but was cut off when another voice cut in.

"Suho," it said. I looked around my leader's shoulder and saw Luhan making his way over to us. "Go back, I need to talk to Sehun."

Suho glanced between us nervously before nodding and began heading back to the dorm. I looked at Luhan with a frown, waiting for an explanation. There were a few moments of silence before he finally spoke up.

"I don't want you to be so mushy around me anymore, maknae. I've been holding it in all this time, but I can't take it anymore. Stay away from me, starting now. It'll be easier for both of us once EXO M leaves for China. I know this is a really blunt way to say all this, but I think it's for the best. I hope you can understand." After he finished talking, he just turned around and walked away.

I tried to take in all the information he just told me, and I just couldn't. He had been such a nice and considerate senior til now, and all of a sudden, his personality does a 180-flip. It was just too much at once.

I took a deep breath and tried to swallow any more tears that are threatening to flow. I tried laughing, but it just came out a broken sound. Sighing in defeat, I put on a fake smile and headed back to our dorm.

- - - - -
I just realized that I didn't update for so long so I just wrote it today. @__@ I didn't proof-read this yet, but I will edit it when I upload the next chapter. Tests and homework have been taking over my life, so please be understanding if updates are a bit slow for now.
Also, I realized that I uploaded two of the same chapter by accident... I don't know how that happened. lol.