Practice

All Good Things Come to An End

After breakfast, all twelve of us were out and playing in the yard around the dorm building. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were making snow angels and helping each other up so they don't destroy it. Xiumin was busy taking pictures of everyone while D.O. just watched us, not wanting to get dirty. Suho was running around to make sure we were all wearing enough, being the worrisome leader. Unlike him, Kris just stood at the side to make sure we don't accidentally knock each other out.

Kai, Chen, Lay, Tao, Luhan and I were having a snowball fight. Chen, who was mainly a vocalist, was not as strong as the other dancers and martial artist. He resorted to dodging and helping stock up on ammo rather than attacking.

I was getting my snowball ready to chuck at Kai when one smacked me on the side of the head. After shaking it off, I saw a laughing Tao.

Target change.

Before I could though, Luhan threw his and it hit Tao near the collar, causing some of it to fall inside his jacket. Tao's eyes opened wide and he started pulling on the front of his coat, trying to get the snow off. Kai started laughing really hard, only to get a surprise attack from Lay.

Soon, we were all drenched from snow, earning a disapproving look from Suho. He quickly pushed us inside to get changed.

Inside, a warm gush of air greeted us. I went to my room, which I shared usually share with Suho, but since EXO M was also here, Luhan was also crammed inside. Not that I'm not happy about it...

I grabbed a random shirt from my closet and changed into it. I could hear D.O. complaining about the wet floor outside the door. Luhan entered and pulled off his toque, grinning at me. He looked through his suitcase and took out a new outfit, quickly changing into it. I noticed how thin he looked.

"That was fun." Luhan sighed contently.

"But we have to go practice now." I told him, disappointed that we don't get any time alone.

"Well, we do have some time..." Luhan teased.

"For what?" I rolled my eyes with a smile. Before be could continue with his joke, someone knocked on the door. Suho.

"Umm... am I interrupting something?" he asked awkwardly.

"No." we said in sync, and he opened the door a crack, peeked in and then swung it open fully.

"Time for practice, birdies." he told us.

"Just because we do fan service doesn't mean it actually is anything real." Luhan said as he pulled on his fresh pants.

"Hm. Who knows." the leader shrugged as he left the room.

"Let's go." Luhan smiled wildly and gestures for me to follow him out the door.

Only for fan service?
 

«   »

 

 

 
The K and M team took turns practicing our dance moves. We learned from the other members. It was more going over the movements rather than actually practicing hard. We were all exhausted from the past few days. The manager said we could have two days off before the showcase to rest. I can't wait.

We all sluggishly danced to the song as we yawned. The morning playing had not helped.

I began to get worried when I noticed that Luhan didn't talk like he usually did. When the others weren't paying attention, I dragged him out the door.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing." he replied, looking anywhere except at me, suddenly finding the paint on the walls fascinating.

"You can tell me."

He hesitated, then said, "It's what's on everybody's mind. After the China showcase, EXO M will be staying there. We won't be together anymore."

At first, I thought he mean 'we' as in him and me. Then I realized he meant EXO as a whole. I felt a pang of disappointment but quickly pushed it aside.

"We're still one group. We'll meet again soon, don't worry." I patted his head, something I'm not suppose to do to a hyung.

"I guess." he smiled at me lightly.

"Where did Luhan and Sehun go?" someone asked inside. Hearing that, we quickly walked back in, trying to look as casual as possible.
 

«   »

After practice that afternoon, it was time for recording. Our debut isn't too far from now, but we still haven't finished recording all the album songs to be perfect just yet. All twelve of us filed into the recording room and were greeted by the studio manager. The first thing he asked us is if we've memorized out lyrics yet. Since there are twelve of us, of course we've memorized the few lines we have. EXO K recorded first, and I had like two lines in the whole four minute song, being a dancer.

Whenever it was my turn to sing, I would sub-consciously look at Luhan, who smiled back at me. It allowed me to sing with true emotion. I hope nobody else noticed. It makes me wonder how Baekhyun, D.O., Luhan and Chen are able to sing with so much feelings. Maybe they have someone special too?

Soon, the K team's song came to an end and EXO M walked inside. Luhan gave me a thumbs-up as he walked by, and I grinned back.

The rest of us sat on the chairs facing the glass that separated us from the others. I admit, much to my embarrassment, that all I could do was listen for Luhan's voice during the whole recording. I noticed that he would occasionally glance at me too. It made a warm, happy feeling bubble inside me as I smiled widely. Baekhyun, who was beside me, gave me a weird look. I returned his attention from the corner of my eye, but kept grinning like a fool. He elbowed the person next to him, Chanyeol, and whispered something to him. They snickered and both started staring at me.

"Ohh, what are you so focused on, Hunnie?" they teased in a quiet voice so the others wouldn't hear. At least they had enough courtesy for that.  

"Nothing." I replied, trying to hide the blush that was making it's way up my cheeks.

"Reaaaallllyyyy." Chanyeol dragged his word out to strengthen the impact. My hyungs laughed quietly, but the other members were starting to look at us, so they left me alone and just started a conversation of their own. I sighed in relief, then in disappointment when I realized I missed most of the song that EXO M had been singing. As my attention was brought back to it, the music was already ending. The other half of our team came out of the room behind the glass and began chatting.

"Hey, Sehun." Luhan patted my head.

"Hi, hyung." I stacked my hand on top of his.

"What do you think of our version?"

"I would have listened better if it weren't for Chanyeol-hyung and Baekhyun-hyung distracting me." I told him with much disappointment.

He laughed lightly and told me, "I'll sing it just for you sometime if you want."

"Really?" I immediately brightened up at the suggestion, and he nodded at my question.

"Of course. Anything for our cute maknae."

The song was a love song with beautiful lyrics. Though I was happy with him singing just for me, I couldn't help but want him to sing it for me... as something a bit more than just a group member. Of course, I know it was impossible. Nobody knew that I liked Luhan that way. It's not that my gender preference is guys, but there's just something different about this particular hyung that made my heart beat faster. I've heard enough books to know what that feeling is called, but I'm too shy about it to even think of that word. Hopefully, I'll be able to say it out loud in the future.

- - - - -
Oh, wow, I at writing fluff. >__> I hope you guys don't get bored.