All Good Things Come to An End

All Good Things Come to An End

I woke up to a small, depressing room lit faintly by the sunrise peeking through the curtains. At first, I couldn't remember where I was, then I felt like needles were forcing themselves into my heart when I did. Luhan's condition. The one-out-of-a-million chance. The fact that he won't live very long anymore. Everything came rushing back all at once, and I wasn't sure how much of it I could take. I repeated what the doctor had told me yesterday in my head, and another detail hit me. The tone the doctor had told to me in... It sounded as if Luhan wouldn't be able to live much longer. As if he is about to leave very soon. I jerked up in the sofa. 

If he is about to leave this world any minute... I wanted to make the most out of these last moments.

Gently but urgently, I shook Luhan awake. His eyes opened and he gave me a confused look before rubbing his sleepy eyes.

"Wake up, hyung. Let's go do something fun together."

I didn't say why, I didn't explain anything.

Luhan tilted his head slightly, as if about to ask a question, then realization lit in his eyes. He nodded and began to step out of his bed.

He didn't ask why, he didn't need an explanation.

Silently, we slipped out of the room, avoiding Suho and our manager sleeping in the corner beside the door. The two of us clicked the door shut as quietly as possible, and walked hand in hand out of the hospital.

As soon as we stepped out of there, I tried to act as if nothing is wrong, as if Luhan wasn't sick, as if we had all the time in the world. I smiled at him brightly and took his other hand in mine.

"So... what do you want to do, hyung?" I asked.

"Anything." he smiled back. I noticed that his voice sounded dimmer and weaker than usual, but I tried to push that thought to the back of my head. I'm selfish like that.

"Mmm... Let's go and get some ice cream, I know you love them." I suggested, and he nodded in response.

The two of us walked down the sidewalk slowly, and stopped often to admire the pretty gardens people had. We stopped again to look at a pretty bush someone had planted. I openly stare at my hyung as he gently cupped a blossom in his hand. I took out my phone and started snapping pictures of him. Though I knew that those photos would bring nothing but pain later, I didn't want to forget anything about him. Not the way his eyes seemed to sparkle as he smiled, the way his eyes curve into crescents as a grin spreads across his face, the way the sunlight tinted his brown hair into a bronze halo on his head. Not the way his voice sounded somewhat deep, yet soft and kind, nor did I want to forget his gentle and lovable personality.

I wanted to remember everything. Every single detail.

Eventually, the heat made up sprint into the nearest mall to escape the baking temperature. Since it was such a hot place, every mall had an ice cream store, and we headed directly for one. Luhan ordered his favourite flavour as usual, green tea, and I ordered vanilla. Instead of sitting down and finishing the cold treat, we kept walking as we did some window-shopping. We stopped at a pet store because Luhan just had to stop for the adorable little puppies. Inside, I thought that he looked even cuter than the fluffy balls of fur wiggling around each other for attention.

Time seemed to fly by, and too soon, it was lunch time. Neither of us were hungry, so we decided to just skip that meal since it would taste like nothing anyway.

By then, my phone had rang countless times from our worried manager and other group mates calling us. By the fifth time it vibrated, both Luhan and I turned our phones off completely. We barely talked the whole morning, but we didn't mind since we were walking right next to each other the whole time.

cleardot.gif

The whole time, I never asked once why he had treated me the way he did. I guess that deep down, I understood what he had been doing. He knew that he was going to leave soon, and wanted to push me away so that I wouldn't be hurt. After I heard that he suddenly left the group, I realized, but I didn't want to believe it. There was no reason for him to leave. Well, I guess it was because I didn't want him to leave that I found no reason.

Now that everything had clicked into place, there was no need for an explanation. It would take too long, and time is not something we have much of right now.

The sun began to set as we walked outside, and the heat cooled down a bit so it was finally endurable. Somehow, the two of us ended up wandering to a beach, and the sunset made the scene in front of us absolutely breath taking.

Luhan and I sat down on a large log and just watched the waved come and go for a while, crashing into the sandy beach and retreating far back into the ocean. I felt Luhan take my hand in his and spread my thumb away from my other fingers which he curled down. He did the same with his and placed it beside mine. The sun shone through between our fingers.  A smile lit my lips when I realized it was a heart he made with our two hands.

"Hey, Sehun..."

"Yeah?"

"You know our song Into Your World? Angel?" he asked.

I nodded. Of course I did, it was my favourite song after all.

"I helped write the lyrics." Luhan continued. "...And I was thinking of you while I wrote it."

I didn't know what to say. The lyrics are about love, so I was really happy that he was thinking about me... but it was also about an Angel falling in love with a human... So does that mean he knew that he had little time left to live the whole time?

He must have sensed my confused feelings because he started joking.

A teasing grin appeared on his lips. "It means that I'll haunt you after I di--" I slapped my hand over his mouth to prevent him from saying the last word. The word I never want to hear.

"No, you're not going to, because you are going to live. You'll get healthy again, you'll see." I told him.

His gaze turned sad again as he looked at me straight in the eyes. His voice was soft when he spoke, and I could barely hear him. "You know that's not true, Sehun. We both know..."

"Do you want ice cream?" I randomly asked the first thing in my head out loud, to distract us from the gloomy atmosphere.

Luhan stared at me for a few seconds before smiling and nodded. "Sure."

By the time we found and finished lining up for the ice cream, the sun had began to set. We found the log we had been sitting on earlier and planted ourselves next to each other once again. The stars blinked alive above us slowly as the sun sank down below the waves of the ocean. For some reason, I knew that we didn't have much time left. Suddenly, Luhan began to sing.

"爱上你的我再也没有地方可回头 (The me who has fallen in love with you have nowhere to go back to)

翅膀已经不再有 (I no longer have my wings)

永恒的生命被夺走, oh no (My eternal life has been taken away)

可我依然感觉幸福唯一的理由 (But I still feel the sole reason for happiness)

因为我的永恒现在就是你, eternally in love (Because my eternity is now you, eternally in love)

当我乘坐着风 在你的世界降落 (As I ride the winds into your world)

白色的风 在你的身边环绕着 (A while wind will surround you)

你问我来自哪里 笑着回答是秘密 (You ask me where I came from, and I tell you it's a secret with a smile)

只要是你和我 一起走下去 (As long as we walk down this road together)

天堂在随时和随地." (Heaven is anytime, anywhere.)

I felt my heart twist when I noticed how his voice was getting weaker and weaker with each line. How his angelic voice was softer than usual. How he put so much feelings into his singing. 

After he finished his song, Luhan became quiet. I didn't dare look at him.

"Sehun..."

"Yeah?"

"Forget me and move on."

"No."

"Please. I don't want you to suffer because of me."

"I will never forget you." I said.

"Then at least move on."

I hesitated. It was his last request for me... I can't reject it even though I wanted to so badly. "Maybe."

"Better than nothing." Luhan sighed.

We sat in silence as we watched the moon climb its way into the sky. Soon, it was high above our heads, and I knew that somewhere along the way, Luhan had left. That somewhere along the way, he became the Angel he had written about in the song he loved so much.

"I love you, Luhan." I whisper to the night sky, knowing that he couldn't hear anymore.

Strangely enough, though I was probably just hearing things, I thought I heard a soft chuckle come with the wind that swept past me along with the words; I love you too. I hope we meet again soon.

- - - - -
...And this is the end. Thank you all so much for sticking with the story until the end! :'D I'm so happy you guys took out the time to read this story. It's kind of sad that it ended, but I have many other ideas in mind. ^__^ Once I finish some of my other stories, I'll start another one that I've been planning for.

Once again, thank you for reading!