Plane Ride

All Good Things Come to An End

We all pretty much dragged ourselves out of the vans and into the airport. If we were just a bit slower, we probably would have missed our flight altogether.

Luhan held onto my hand as we walked through the lanes, too sleepy to see straight. I happily tugged him along gently. Not too far in front, I saw Baekhyun guiding Chanyeol along, who's head was hanging low. I found it somewhat amusing considering the height difference. It would have been 'cuter' if Baekhyun was the only clinging to Chanyeol, but that's just my opinion.

When I looked back at Luhan, I found him trying to rub the sleep from his eyes with his sleeve. A cute gesture that made me smile through my tiredness.

"Luhan-hyung." Kai suddenly slipped up on the other side of Luhan and took his free hand.

"Hi, Kai." he smiled sleepily. "Is something wrong?"

"If we don't hurry, we're going to miss our flight." the younger one replied.

"Okay, let's walk faster then." Luhan picked up his pace and began steadily closing the gap between us and the first members, dragging Kai and I behind him.

I suddenly felt jealous at how Luhan gathered up energy just for Kai. Jealousy is not a good thing. I scolded myself. He's just being a good hyung.

"You finally caught up." Suho, who was in the lead, said. "Let's go."

We filed onto the plane and took our seats in the first class section. I was kind of excited since this was my first time being in the high class department.

Kai left to sit with his roommate, D.O. and Kris sat closer to the front with Tao. Of course, Baekyeol were paired up and sat behind them. Xiumin and Chen plopped down on the first empty seats they reached and began chatting. Lay and Suho took a seat together.

"Let's sit." Luhan said, and gently pushed me into the window seat, then he planted himself next to me. He reached past me to the window and pulled down the shutters, brushing against me lightly in the process. Then he went on to close the curtain on his other side. "It's so bright, I can't sleep." he explained.

He shook apart the folded blanket and placed it on himself, then closed his eyes. I only noticed I was staring when he opened his eyes again, meeting mine, then smiled. I looked away with my cheeks tinted red, embarrassed.

"Aren't you going to sleep?" he asked with big, innocent eyes.

"I will." I answered as I flung my blanket apart as well. Then I closed my eyes and laid my head against the headrest.

A few moments later, I peeked through my eyelid and found him staring this time. "What?" I could feel my cheeks getting brighter in colour.

"You have a pretty face." he said boldly, despite the contents of his sentence.

"Huh?" I didn't believe my ears. How can he say something so casually?

"I don't want the plane ride to end. I wanna sleep." he mumbled, acting as if his comment earlier didn't come out of his mouth at all, then pulled the blanket up higher and closed his eyes. "I'll talk to you later."

I watched his side rise and fall, and it was obvious he wasn't sleeping, nor was he about to be.

I decided to leave him alone and watch a movie instead, putting one hand on the arm rest while the other clicked the remote. Suddenly, I felt a cold hand wrap around mine. Startled at the sudden iciness, I jerked my hand away and was consequently me with a hurt expression from Luhan when I followed the arm to the face of its owner.

"Sorry," I quickly apologized, then clasped both my hand around his in hopes of warming it up. He smiled, and his cheeks turned slightly red shyly.

"Thanks," he said. "I thought you were going to sleep?"

"I thought you said you were?"

He shrugged, "I'm not sleepy anymore since you're here."

I felt my cheeks heat up and he laughed. It still amazes me how he can say such things so easily. Then he yawned and said, "Maybe I am still tired." he closed his eyes again and rested his head on my shoulder. I kept holding onto his hand and reached for his other one until I had one of his hands in each of mine. Our arms were a tangled mess on our laps.

It was going to take a few hours to fly to Beijing where our next showcase was going to be held, so I leaned my head against the head of the hyung next to me and drifted off into unconsciousness.
 

«   »


I woke up not too long after feeling thirsty, so I carefully set down Luhan's hands and placed his head against his head rest. Whispering a quiet 'I'll be back', I pulled aside the curtain and headed to where the flight attendees were.

As I walked past my other group members, I felt a smile creep over my face as I observed all their sleeping patterns. It helped that none of them bothered to pulled close the curtains like Luhan did.

First pair I walked past was Lay and Suho. Lay had his head on the little table in front of him while Suho had his head against the wall of the plane.

Next were Xiumin and Chen. Xiumin had leaned his chair back and was sleeping, his chubby cheeks as pinchable as ever. Chen slept in a modest way, his legs together and hands folded neatly on his lap.

In front of them were D.O. and Kai. D.O. was also leaning against the window, which he forgot to pull the blinds over, and his eyes were squeezed tightly to keep the brightness out. How unlike him, I thought, he must have been really tired. I reached over and helped him close it, careful to not step on Kai, who had his head on his roommate's shoulder, sleeping peacefully.

Seated in front of them was Baekyeol. As I expected, they were holding hands, fingers laced together, and they were leaning on each other while wandering in dreamland together. Not only that, but they were sharing blanket. To let them have their privacy, I pulled their curtain closed for them.

At the front were Kris and Tao. Kris was the only one awake and was watching T.V. when I walked by. He waved to me briefly, trying not to disturb EXO M's maknae who was using his shoulder as a pillow. I noticed how child-like Tao looked without his usual makeup.

Finally, I got my water and headed back to my seat. Though it was a fast process, by the time I passed the row Kris and Tao were resting in, Kris was already sound asleep.

Behind them, nothing else changed and I walked back to my seat without any other distractions. I picked my way past Luhan'd legs to get back into my chair. I slowly drank the water and looked at my hyung's sleeping face. It looked so innocent and cute I couldn't help but want to move his head back onto my shoulder. Shaking my head at how silly my thought was, I returned my attention back to my bottle of water and the T.V. on the seat in front of mine.

Suddenly, I felt a weight drop on my shoulder. Surprised, I glanced over and was met with a mess of bronze hair, the top of Luhan's head. Then he slipped his arm through mine and pulled it close to his chest.

That moment, I was the happiest I'd been in weeks.

Since my hand was close to his after he took my arm hostage, I linked my fingers with his. I saw a smile hanging on his face and one forced its way onto mine. I reached past him to close the curtains again. I leaned my head against his and closed my eyes, hoping for happy dreams in the next few hours. I wanted to savour the moment because I knew that after this showcase was over, we would be separated.

- - - - -

To clear up confusion, the poll I made asking 'which one do you like better' isn't for this story. It's that I want suggestions of what pairing to make my next story about.

OMG the song Angel / Into Your World from EXO's mini album is so good <3

Thanks for reading again : ) and even more thanks to those who commented/subscribed.