Truth

All Good Things Come to An End

Suho and I sat anxiously in the waiting room, glancing around for our manager to come out with news about Luhan. I tried to get the truth out of Suho, since I had a feeling he knew what was really going on, but he refused to break his promise of not telling. I pleaded, and he seemed close to giving in, but then just shook his head again.

"You'll know when the time is right," was all he told me.

I waited impatiently, staring at the door to the room the doctor had wheeled Luhan into. Our manager was inside, and I feel like I'm being ignored as I just sit outside clueless of what is happening.

After an hour, our manager finally stepped out with the doctor right behind him. I leaped up from my chair towards them. "What happened?"

My manager and the doctor exchanged nervous looks before returning their attention back to me. It was the doctor who spoke. "I think you should go talk to him yourself."

I felt frustration bubble inside me. Why isn't anybody just telling me what was wrong with him?!

"Sehun, go talk with Luhan. Suho, I need to speak with you." our manager said. Suho nodded and followed him down the hallway.

I pushed open the door to Luhan's room boldly and stepped inside, not caring whether or not he complained. Startled from the sudden intrusion, Luhan's head snapped in my direction.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"What are you doing here? If you're here it must mean that you're sick." I told him.

"I'm not."

"Then why are you here?"

"Mind your own business."

"You are my business!" I yell. "How many times do I have to tell you that?!"

He in a sharp breath in surprise. "Just leave. I want to be by myself right now."

"No." I said, firmly.

So I just sat there for the next hour, and Luhan just ignored me the whole time, either looking at a book or out the window. Eventually, I needed to use the washroom so I left the room. I could feel his gaze following me, and when I looked back, he quickly glanced away. I walked down the hallway to the washroom. When I came back out, the doctor that had been with Luhan earlier was standing at the side of the hall looking at some notes.

If Luhan-hyung won't tell me, then I'll just ask the doctor. I thought. I walked up to him and tapped him on the shoulder. "Excuse me."

He looked at me in surprise and smiled. "What can I do for you?"

"The boy you looked at earlier, Luhan, what's wrong with him?" I asked. "Is he sick? How long will he be sick for?"

The doctor's expression darkened. "He hasn't told you yet?"

"Told me what?" I asked, confused.

He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Then I don't think I have the right to tell you if he didn't say so himself."

"Nobody tell me anything, even though I'm just as worried. Why not?!" I was starting to get extremely frustrated and mad. Just because I'm the youngest doesn't mean I won't understand anything!

The doctor took in a deep breath. "There are unfortunate, unlucky people in the world, you know that right?"

I nodded. Where was he going with this?

"Sometimes there are illnesses that are extremely rare, and those are the ones that we don't have a cure for yet."

Still, I was confused.

"Your friend, did you notice that his movements have been getting jerky and his reaction a bit slower than usual? That he has been having headaches and can't seem to remember things as well? And that his behaviour has been different sometimes?" the doctor asked cautiously.

"Yeah... I have."

"There is a disease in the world called the Creutzfeldt Jakob Disease. Only about one in a million people get it world wide each year... And your friend is one of them."

His words slowly sank in. I pieced together what the doctor had told me earlier, and I came up with the conclusion that he had been trying to tell me that the disease is incurable. One in a million get it... And it turned out to be Luhan. "You're lying."

The doctor opened his mouth to say something, but he before I heard any words from him, I ran away. Away from the truth, not wanting to believe it. I burst through Luhan's door and found him staring out the window. He turned around at the sound of the door crashing against the wall.

"Can't you at least be a bit quie--" he couldn't finish before I jumped at him and pulled him into a hug. Before I knew it, I was sobbing on his shoulder. "S-Sehun? What's wrong?"

I just stayed in that position, crying my eyes out until Suho came in with lunch. Startled at what he saw, he quickly put the food down and came over to me. "Sehun? Why are you crying? Luhan-hyung, what happened?"

"I don't know." Luhan admitted.

Suho was silent for a while. "He knows."

I pulled back a bit and punched Luhan on the chest, not too hard. "You! Why did you keep it a secret from me?! Why didn't you tell me?!"

"I just didn't think it was necessary." Luhan said.

"Why not?! You know I care about you, and yet you keep something so important from me!" I yelled.

"Because--"

"Enough, Luhan-hyung! Just tell him!" even our patient leader couldn't take it anymore. When Luhan didn't say anything, Suho continued for him. "Sehun, he's known about it for quite a while now. He didn't want to worry us, so he used the excuse of quitting. Especially, he didn't want you to be sad, so he tried to push you away. Don't blame him, Sehun. He's been trying to do the best for all of us."

That made me start crying even harder. I could hardly see anything anymore. My two hyungs just stayed with me while I sobbed. Eventually, I fell asleep in Luhan's arms.

- - - - -
There are two chapters left (if my planning goes right...) the two chapters are the two different endings. I'll try to make it as best as possible before uploading it. : )