Showcase in China

All Good Things Come to An End

We got off the plane only to get ready for another car ride. Luhan held my hand like a little kid as we walked through the crowd of fans. I didn't care what they think anymore, I just want to spend my last day with him as happily as possible.

I noticed that Luhan seemed more relaxed here than when we were at the Korean airport. Probably because he could read all the text and signs around us.

"Feeling better in your own territory?" I teased.

"A little." the huge grin on his face told a different story.

"Hurry," our manager appeared behind us and lightly pushed us up the escalator. As soon as we were out the door, we were squished into a van.

Luhan and I rode the same van as Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Suho and Kai. I had the window seat of the back row this time while Luhan was in between Kai and me. Kai fell asleep as soon as his head hit the window. Beakhyun and Chanyeol sat in the row in front of us while Suho took the seat beside the driver's.

Luhan leaned his head against my shoulder and closed his eyes, making me smile. I took his hand in mine and gave it a squeeze. While he slept, I tried to entertain myself in another way other than to listen to what Baekhyun and Chanyeol were taking about.

As soon as we were seated properly, our manager stepped in the gas pedal and we were thrown into the chaos of China's roads. I seriously felt like we were going to die for sure several times in the first ten minutes.

As if that wasn't enough, our car took a sharp turn to the right to avoid a lady that just randomly walked onto the street and Luhan's head was shaken from my shoulder. Onto Kai's.

I tried my best to swallow my frustration. It was my last day with him and everything just had to go wrong.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Luhan's eyelids open. He picked up his head from Kai's shoulder and smiled at me sleepily. That's when I noticed that his face was paler than usual.

"Are you feeling alright?" I asked.

"Yeah. Just tired." he told me. I didn't believe him, so I put one of my hands behind his head and brought my forehead to his.

Not a fever.... I thought. That's when I realized how close our faced were. He was staring into my eyes with his slightly lighter coloured ones and I saw the shadow his eyelashes cast on his cheeks. The way the dim light coming from the darkened windows made his hair look like a thick, bronze mess, but it was cute.

I wouldn't mind staying in that position for the rest of my life.

However, I regretfully pulled away before anyone else saw and found it weird.

He looked disappoint when I pulled away, and it made me even more sad thinking of the separation that was coming at the end of the day.

"We're almost there." Suho called from the front seat.

How fast time was passing. I dreaded the moments that was doomed to happen after the showcase. I tried to push the depressing thought from my head and think optimistically.

Like Suho warned, we arrived at the university we were going to perform at. We filed out of the car and inside to get our makeup done.

A few hours later, we were done our preparations. Luhan said he was thirsty, and went down the dark, deserted staircase to the water fountain. I decided to follow him. It was probably my only chance to say a private goodbye before they have to leave.

He didn't looked back at me even though he probably knew I was following him. I watched silently as he filled a paper cup with water and drank it. After finishing it, he looked at me expectantly. I wasn't sure what to do, so I just stood frozen for a few moments, then I stepped forward and pulled him into a tight hug, burying my face in his shoulder. He returned it and gently my back.

I could feel my eyes becoming blurry with tears and I forcefully blinked them back. Luhan just continued to pat my back rhythmically.

We didn't say anything, just stood there silently until we heard the manager yelling for us to gather. I quickly wiped my eyes and walked up the stairs hand-in-hand with my favrouite hyung. By the time we were up, the introduction video already started and the others waved frantically for us to hurry to our spots. I was glad for the darkness to cover my swollen eyes.

The showcase was basically exactly the same as the one in Korea, and when Luhan and Chen were finished performing Baby Don't Cry, I saw there was for sure something wrong with Luhah.

His face was pale and his eyes kind of blanked out. It took him longer than usual to answer questions directed at him, and I was seriously getting worried.

"Sit down." I instructed, and went to get some more water. I came back just as Baekhyun and D.O. started singing What is Love. I handed the cup to Luhan and watched him drink every last drop.

"How are you feeling?" Suho asked. Most of us were gathered around him now.

"I'm fine, don't worry about me. Just a slight headache." he smiled and tried to wave us off. "Go back to what you were doing."

Baekhyun and D.O. were almost finished their song now, and Kris, Kai, Chanyeol and Lay were getting ready to go on stage after them.

I glanced at the schedule and sighed with relief when I saw there were still several other performances before Luhan had to go up again. I stayed by his side the whole time to make sure he didn't pass out or anything.

"Sehun, you're up next." Chen told me. I nodded and looked back at Luhan again.

"I'm fine, go up." he gently pushed me towards the entrance.

"If you feel bad, don't go up after me." I told him. He nodded with a smile.

The lights dimmed again and I ran up to my position with Kai. Throughout the whole dance, my mind kept wandering back to the sick looking Luhan. When I swapped places with him after I was done, I tried to pull him back with me, but I missed my chance because I couldn't see well in the darkness. I stopped where I should have caught his arm and was about to run to him when someone reached out from behind the curtains and pulled me back.

"He's sick!" I whispered loudly to Kris, who had me pinned against him.

"We know, but it was his decision to go on." Suho explained.

We watched him with worried eyes as he danced with Kai.

The rest of the showcase went in a blur, and by the end of it, Luhan was barely able to stand. Kris piggybacked him onto the van and our manager took a look at him.

"I'll drive him to the hospital." our manager said.

"I'm fine. Just let me sleep a few days and I'll be back to normal." was that a hint of panic I heard in his voice?

"But--"

"Please. I don't want to bother everyone else. Especially not when half of us have to leave right now." he pleaded.

"Leave? Where are they going?" the manager asked, confused.

"Don't we have to go back to Korea?" I joined the conversation.

"Not today. In a week, yes, but not today." he explained. "Lucky you guys, having a week of fun before your actual debut."

I felt my heart leap with joy. We don't have to part yet! As happy as I was, Luhan's sickly face cancelled it out instantly.

"Then I don't want to ruin the fun even more." Luhan smiled. "Lets go to our dorm, if I feel sick again, I'll let you take me where ever you want, I promise."

"Deal." our manager climbed into the drivers seat, and the rest of us loaded onto the back.

"You promise to tell us?" I asked once I was seated next to him.

"Yes, I promise." he laid his head on my shoulder and closed his exhausted eyes, falling asleep almost immediately.

I sighed and couldn't get the worry out of my chest. Was he hiding something from me?

- - - - -

I hope this update isn't as boring as the other showcase one. Thanks for reading : )