Showcase

All Good Things Come to An End

"Sehun! Wake up! Go take a shower and we have to leave." Suho yelled from the living room. Being the maknae, I was woken last after almost all the other members were done washing up. I pulled myself off the bed sluggishly and walked to the washroom with my towel. I showered quickly and went to eat breakfast with the rest of the members.

"It's the big day!" Xiumin said excitedly and I wondered where he got all his energy from.

A few minutes later, our manager came inside and rushed us into the car, then stepped on the gas pedal and we were off to prepare for the showcase. It took hours and hours to get our makeup done. Then, we had to try on all the stage outfits to make sure they fit and if they needed any last minute changes. After that, we all gathered to practice the lyrics and the choreography while going over the schedule in our heads at the same time.

"It's starting!" the stage manager whispered. "Get ready!"

The lights outside dimmed and the video introduction started playing on the big screen. We tried to calm each other down as we were about to do our first live performance. According to plan, the stage manager waved for us to go on stage. EXO K went on stage first to start of our prologue song, History. We took our position on stage under the cover of the darkness, then the music boomed and we started our dance. Halfway through the song, EXO M came out from the other side of the stage and we completed the song together. A loud cheer roared after we finished and we were once again plunged into the darkness.

After we ran offstage, our MC, Leeteuk from Super Junior, went on stage and said a short speech of introduction before we were ordered to walk back onto the stage. Leeteuk told us to introduce ourselves, and that went rather smoothly. Then, just as fast, we were heading off the stage to go and get changed for our next performances. Leeteuk tried to give us as much time as possible as he went through his speech at a steady speed. I saw Kai quickly change and run back to the entrance of the stage just as our senior finished speaking. Kai ran on when the lights shut off and did his My Lady solo. Then Tao was hurried on to do his martial arts performance for the song Black Pearl, which I was in for the teaser. The next song was Phoenix and Luhan, Lay and Xiumin ran on. Near the end of the song, Luhan and Xiumin walked off and Lay finished it himself with a perfect ending.

A clip of History played as Luhan changed as fast as he could before the next song, Baby Don't Cry. Chen was taking deep breaths before the two of them walked onto the stage. I enjoyed the sound of Luhan's voice as they did the duet. I was surprised how steady Luhan's voice was considering that he just did a dance performance a few minutes earlier. It was only the teaser version of the song, so it finished very fast.

Next up were Baekhyun and D.O. as they performed our first released song, What is Love. As they did that, Kris, Chanyeol, Lay and Kai took their time to change. It was a full song, so there was more than enough time. Kris and Chanyeol calmly walked onto the stage and did their rap duet while Lay and Kai danced together.

The video clip that played next made me laugh. It was one of our ballad songs and with it, played a video of Suho's solo appearances. The song and the video mixed together made it seem like a funeral farewell piece. Suho was trying to hide his embarrassment in the back.

I was up next with Kai to do our Gun&Run teaser. I seriously felt sorry for him, just thinking how exhausted he must be to perform so many dances in a row. Right after our performance, Luhan changed places with me and they stared Time Control. Kai didn't even get to rest in between and I could see him breathing hard.

The showcase was coming to and end, and it was our interview time. We walked on stage and sat down in our chairs. There was an awkward moment when Kris had to walk across the stage with a chair because we went too forward and Tao sat on Leeteuk's chair by accident. After that was cleared up, we went on to the questions. Good thing it was picked beforehand so there wouldn't be any embarrassing questions. At least, that's what I thought at first.

When the word 'aegyo' came up, I stiffened. Please, no. Please, please please, no.

"Tao." all the members said when asked which one of us does the best aegyo. I sighed in relief. It didn't last long though, because Leeteuk came towards me right after Tao was done. Forcing myself, I only got through half of it before collapsing in embarrassment. At least I wasn't the only one. It took Kai, who was after me, several tries before he passed.

Our Super Junior senior gave another speech while we went offstage to change for our final performance, our debut song, MAMA. When I first heard the song, I thought it was kind of weird, then grew attached to it once I listened to it more and noticed the deep lyrics.

The last stage was the longest as we performed the whole song. After it was done, we bowed, said our goodbyes and the showcase was over.

"Good job!" our manager praised as we got in the car to go to the airport for our flight to the China showcase. None of us were listening as we tried to get as much rest as possible before our next schedule.

Kris, who was in the front seat, wasn't moving so I couldn't tell if he was asleep or not. Baekhyun was leaning on Chanyeol's shoulder as they dozed off together. Luhan who had the window seat beside me, had his eyes closed and head on the glass. Kai was on my other side and he too was breathing deeply, asleep. Chen was beside Chanyeol and his head kept flopping to one side, extremely close to entering dreamland. The rest of the group was in another van with the other two managers. I felt my eyelids grow heavy and let them close. I gently placed my head on Luhan's shoulder and soon lost consciousness.

- - - - -
I briefly went through the showcase because probably every has watched it. It's a boring chapter, but I thought that I should put it in there. There's also the China one, but I added extra stuff, so I hope it will be better than this one.

I got a new idea for a story and it would be nice if you put your suggestion in the poll :D (Though I think it's pointless to even put it here considering the paring of this story... Oh well)