Walk

All Good Things Come to An End

For no reason, I woke up in the middle of the night. Feeling thirsty, I walked out of my room to the kitchen and poured myself a cup of water. I turned towards the balcony window when I heard cars rush by.

The sight almost made me spit my water out.

On the balcony, there was a figure sitting on the railings, and looked dangerously close to falling off. I sprinted over and grabbed him by the waist, then pulled backwards. The person squeaked in surprise as we both fell to the floor inside.

"Wha-- Sehun? What's wrong?" he asked. The moonlight coming from outside outlined his face. It was Luhan.

"What's wrong? Why were you sitting on the railing?! You could've fallen off!" my heart was still pounding hard from the memory of his being so close to death.

"Railing? I was sitting on a stool." he pointed outside to a tall, white, you guessed it, stool. I sighed in relief to know he wasn't trying to commit suicide.

"Sheesh. You really scared me." I told him.

"Did I? Sorry." he smiled. I thought he looked like an angel with the way the moonlight hit his hair, creating a bronze halo. "You should go back to sleep. Children still need to grow."

"I'm not a kid, and you shouldn't be telling me that when I'm taller than you." I rolled my eyes playfully.

"That's no way to talk to your hyung." he scolded in a teasing voice. "Anyway, tomorrow is the last day before our showcase. We should rest well."

I wasn't really listening to him anymore. I was still hugging him like a giant teddy bear and the warmth radiating from him was making me sleepy. My eyes began to close before he even finished talking.
 

«   »

I woke up the next morning in my bed, and the first thing I wondered about is how Luhan managed to get me here. I sat up and the clock beside me caught my attention. It was already 11:56am! I leaped from my bed and ran to get changed, only to remember that today is our day off. I let out a breath of relief and slowed down. Suho walked around the corner with a glass of juice and waved to me.

"Good morning, hyung." I greeted.

"Morning, Sehun. Take it easy today, tomorrow is the big day." he told me.

"Yeah, I know. Are we doing anything at all today?"

"Not much. Kai and Luhan just went out to buy lunch. If you're hungry now though, there's still some bread left." my senior pointed towards the kitchen. 

"No, I'm fine," I said. They went? Why didn't Luhan-hyung wake me? Suho went to join Chen at the couch while I just wandered around, not knowing what to do with myself. For some reason, all the other members are out and there were only the three of us at home.

"Oh, I think Lay and Xiumin tagged along with Luhan and Kai," Suho told me after I asked. "Kris, D.O., and Tao went to practice some more. I'm not sure where Baekhyun and Chanyeol went. They were already gone by the time I woke up."

I nodded, slightly relieved that Luhan and Kai weren't alone. Wait... why should I be relieved? "I'm going to go take a walk too." I waved bye to them and walked out the door. I just aimlessly wandered around when I saw Baekhyun and Chanyeol across the street, holding hands. It wasn't unusual for guys to hold hands in Korea, but the way they were acting with each other made me suspicious that there was something more to them linking hands than just because they're friends. I shrugged the thought off and kept walking, trying my head low so they don't get interrupted by me. It's none of my business what they... prefer. After walking for another few minutes, I saw the four who where out to buy lunch. Lay spotted me first and waved his arm in the air to catch my attention. I waved back and quickened my pace to meet up with them.

"What are you doing out here?" Xiumin asked, his chubby cheeks flushed from the cold.

"There was nothing to do at the dorm so I came out." I replied, my eyes flickering to Kai and Luhan, who were happily chatting with each other. A spark of jealousy appeared, but I quickly tried to blow it out. Lay handed me a bag to carry and I took it with my eyes still glued to the other pair.

"Hi, Sehun." Kai and Luhan said. 

"We're eating out so often now," Xiumin mentioned.

"Are we? Isn't today the first day we've eaten out for a while?" Luhan asked, surprised.

"Umm... No... We had take out yesterday morning... You even went to buy it with Sehun yourself." Kai raised an eyebrow. "Is your memory getting that bad?"

"We did? Yesterday morning..." Luhan had a blank look on his face, then something else flashed through his face, but was gone too fast for me to recognize it. "R-right."

I noticed a slight colour change in Luhan's face. "Are you okay, Luhan-hyung?"

"I'm fine." he smiled, trying to hide the fact that his face just paled dramatically. We were all looking at him worriedly now. "What are you guys looking at? Let's go home and lunch, I'm starving." he squished past us and headed home. The rest of us exchanged one last worried look before hurrying after him.



«   »


I couldn't even taste the flavour in my food during the meal. All I could think of is whether Luhan is ill, and also that Kai and him seem to be getting closer and closer. It didn't help that they were sitting together across the table from me. I tried to advert my attention to something else, and it just happened to be Chanyeol and Baekhyun. They were picking stuff off each others' plates and laughing as they ate. It made me even more jealous. Soon, we began to scatter again with our full stomachs. Baekyeol, a name I decided to call them by when they're together, went to watch a movie together on the couch. Transformers. Usually, I would go join them, but I was curious of what Kai and Luhan were going to do. Suho, Kris and Xiumin went to practice the choreography more before tomorrow, and Chen went off to the recording room. Lay and Tao went out to play in the snow some more while D.O. went to organize his closet again. I sat still at the table as my eyes followed Kai and Luhan. They eventually decided to join Baekyeol at the couch to watch the movie. Chanyeol wasn't even watching, his eyes were closed and his head resting on Baekhyun's shoulder. He somehow managed to sleep even though there were loud noises of metal clashing coming from the T.V.. I crossed my arms on the table and put my head on it, trying to stomach my jealousy. Am I invisible to everyone now? Soon, my eyes began to drop too, and I almost didn't see Luhan getting up from the couch, saying he needs to use the washroom, only to walk out the front door again. The explosions coming from the T.V. covered the click as the door closed.

Again? I thought sleepily, then dragged myself off the table to go after him. Again.

I quietly tailed him as he went through the winding hallway, walking quite close and not even trying to hide. I could probably follow him for his entire trip without him noticing if I didn't trip on the carpet. His head snapped around and he looked like a deer caught in headlights as I fell towards him. Luckily, I managed to catch myself before I fell flat on my face. cleardot.gif

"Are you okay?" he looked at me with concern written over his face.

"I'm fine." I tried to regain some pride as I stood up. "Why are you wandering off by yourself again?"

He shrugged, "I just felt like being alone."

A flicker of disappointment when I realized he meant being by himself. "Oh, sorry. I'll go back then, be careful when you're outside."

I felt a hand grab my arm. "I felt like being alone, but now I feel like going out with you. Will you come with me?" he asked with an innocent smile. When I didn't answer due to surprise, he thought I was going to reject, so he added some aegyo in his request. "Please?" he looked at me with eyes as big and cute as Puss in Boots from Shrek. Normally, if it were anyone else, I would have laughed at his plead, but his action only worried me.

Luhan hated aegyo, he wouldn't even do it if he was starving to death and you were offering him a piece of bread.

"Are you sure you're feeling okay?" my eyes narrowed with suspicion. "Aegyo?"

"What's wrong with it?" he asked, confused.

"Don't you hate doing aegyo?" he was starting to worry me even more.

"D-do I?" he looked so lost and confused for a moment, before gathering his expression and forced a smile. "Well, now I don't mind it. Let's go for a walk."

I nodded slowly as he towed me towards the door. The cold air outside seeped in through my jacket as we walked around randomly with no destination in mind. I just enjoyed my view of my happy hyung.

"Today is our last rest day for quite a while." Luhan said, his breath puffing out in white clouds.

"Yeah. We should try to have as much fun as possible." I didn't want to think about the time when our team would be split into two. "What do you want to do?"

"Mmm.... What to go make snow angels in the park?" he suggested after much thought. I nodded and he pulled me into a jog, accelerating as time went on, until we were almost sprinting down the sidewalk, laughing as flakes of snow hit our faces and the wind whipped through our hair. I'm going to miss him so much.

Soon, we arrived at the park and was greeted by an untouched field of snow. Luhan turned around, and fell backwards into a pile of snow, then dragged his arms and legs making wings and a dress for the snow angel. I helped him stand up so he doesn't ruin the shape he just made in the fluffy white flakes. It was my turn and I pulled on my hood before flopping down. He helped me up and we stared with satisfaction at our creation. I took out my phone and snapped pictures of it, then turned the camera around to take some selcas with my snow covered hyung. The snowflakes on his hair sparkling like crystal shards in the bright sunlight, and his eyes curved into crescents as he smiled for the camera.

I wished time would just stop at that moment. Stop so that we won't have to leave. Stop so that we won't have to separate so soon.

Luhan seemed to be having the time of his life as he made foot prints in the snow and made some more snow angels. I video taped the whole thing so I would have proof that someone this prefect actually existed in my life. My heart was feeling all warm and fuzzy yet painful at the same time. I wasn't sure what I should think.

Luhan had taken his phone out as well, and was taking pictures of me. I lowered mine to smile for his. He waved for me to go towards him and I obeyed, trying to make my way through the thick layer of snow. Then, just as I did in the dorm building, tripped on a rock and fell straight for the ground. Luhan laughed when I came up again with a second coat made of snow. He video taped as he helped me dust the snow off before it could melt.

"Are you okay?" he asked around his phone, then patted my hair to get the snow off.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I cupped some snow in my hands and blew it towards him, causing him to laugh again.

We kept playing until the sun began to set, trying to push the though of our team splitting aside. When the field around us was painted orange from the sunset, we started to head back. Our noses were red from the freezing temperature and our cheeks a bright colour. I poked his and he lightly punched me on the arm. I took out my phone again and took some more pictures of him, and he did the same. When I thought about it, I guess it's kind of weird, but these photos were suppose to last me years before we could have another fun day like this. I linked my hands with his, using the cold as an excuse. We walked slowly back towards the dorm building, and by the time we got there, night had fallen and stars were hanging in the sky.

Though I was excited for the showcase tomorrow, I wished it wouldn't come.

- - - - -
Just the thought of them not being together at the end makes me sad TT___TT but-but I dunno... I think I write tragedy better than fluffy moments. I have an ending in mind and it's so... ;A; it won't happen for a while though, and I hope I can improve at writing fluffy moments until then.

EXO's MV for MAMA finally came out >:D I wonder if they'll have MVs for the other songs? There were teasers... And what will happen to the other teaser songs they released? Will it be in the repackage or something? The songs are really good >__>

Thanks to the readers, subscribers, commenters and the voters! : )