Chapter 8

With All My Heart

 

****************************************************************

 

“Unni, breakfast is ready.” Sooyeon opened her door slowly. “Unni?” She called Joonhee when she saw she was not in her bed, but she was sitting on the window, spacing out into outside of the window.

 

“Unni, I hate it when you are like this…” Sooyeon hugged her from behind. Joonhee smiled weakly at her sister. “I’ll be okay,” She hugged Sooyeon back. “I just had insomnia, I guess.” She smiled. Joonhee then stood up and smiling at her sister.

 

“Don’t worry too much about me, okay?” Joonhee walked toward the bathroom. “I’ll be down after some nice bath.” She closed the door. “Okay…” Sooyeon sighed and walked out of her room.

 

Why am I still crying over him?

 

Joonhee clasped to prevent herself from making any sounds.

 

I missed him. Did he eat well? The bread had expired and there were no jam left anymore. I didn’t match his tie with his work suit yet too.

 

“But maybe he is happy now…with his girlfriend…” Joonhee said slowly. She smiled bitterly and got prepared to go to work.

 

-

 

“You don’t have to work today…just sit at home and rest.” Her father said in concern when Joonhee was already in the dining room. She took her place and drank her cup of coffee.

 

Jaejoong like coffee…

 

“Joonhee? Did you hear what did your father said just now?” Her mother called her name since she looked like she was spacing out. Joonhee quickly snapped out of her thought and concentrated on her parents.

 

“I’m okay. Don’t worry about me…” She faked a smile. Joonhee didn’t want her family to worry too much about her. She didn’t want them to know her sadness.

 

“Appa, I…I’ll go to see Mr. Lee later,” She looked at her father. Mr. Lee was their family’s lawyer and he was her father’s best friend too. “To discuss with him about the divorcement…” She continued.

 

Joonhee’s father sighed heavily. He blamed himself now for making his daughter suffered like this. Now, he determined that he would support whatever Joonhee would do later. “It’s all depending on you, Joonhee.”

 

 *************************************************************************