Board of Directors

Wait....What Did You Just Say?!?

 

 

[Bisola’s POV]

 

Friday

 

It’s 2:45 p.m. and I’m standing once again in front of SM Entertainment’s building.

 

Good, I’m early. Way to start with a good first impression

 

I pat down my clothes and readjusted my bag strap on my shoulder and took a deep breath. I reached out my hand and opened the front door. I walked into the lobby to be greeted by the same receptionist I had met a week ago.

 

“Hello, it’s you again. How may I help you?” she asked.

 

“I’m Bisola Artis… I’m here for the meeting with the Board of Directors at 3:00 p.m,” I replied.

 

“Really? You can wait with the other two in the next room,” she said with a surprised look on her face.

 

“Thank you,” I said and walked across the hall into a small waiting room. 

 

When I walked the room, two bodies turned towards my direction. One of the faces I didn’t recognize, but the other one, I did.

 

“Lauren?” I asked in disbelief.

 

“Bisola?” she replied.

 

“Oh my goodness, you made it too?” she exclaimed.

 

“Yeah I couldn’t believe it. I knew you were going to make it,” I said and ran over to hug her.

 

“Oh this is Jason Lee. We just met not too long ago,” Lauren said pointing to the figure next to her.

 

“Hello, I’m Bisola Artis and congrats,” I said with a smile.

 

“Thanks. Wait you passed the auditions?” Jason asked while scratching the back of his head.

 

“Yeah I did. I don’t believe it either. This is so surreal,” I commented.

 

“Wow, you’ve must’ve been really good. Congrats,” Jason replied.

 

A sudden knock and a cough interrupted our conversation. We turned around and saw the secretary standing in the doorway.

 

“The Board of Directors are ready to see Bisola Artis first. Follow me,” she said and turned around and walked to the elevators.

 

“Okay, hopefully I’ll see you guys later,” I said and waved goodbye and followed after the secretary.

 

We walked into the elevator and she pressed the button numbered, ‘7’ and the doors closed.

 

Ding!

 

Moments later, the door opened and I was lead down a hallway filled with doors that led to meeting rooms, until we reached the end of the hallway. The secretary opened up the door and inside were four men, including Mr. Ji Kyung Park, sitting down at long, brown table.

 

Ohhh this just got serious…

 

“Director Park, this is Bisola Artis,” she said.

 

“Ah yes, welcome Ms. Artis. Please sit down,” Mr. Park said and I sat down on the opposite side of the table.

 

“Hello. Thank you so much for this opportunity,” I nervously said.

 

“Ah yeh. You’re welcome. We were impressed with the performance at the auditions last week. I bet you’re surprised that we’ve chosen you, right?” Mr. Park began.

 

“Very much, sir,” I responded.

 

“Well with you being the first African American trainee here at SM Entertainment, and other trainees of different racial groups, we plan to make Kpop’s best international/multirace girl group,” Mr. Park continued.

 

First international group, huh?

 

“We hope with this group, we can get world support from our international fans and Korean Pop music more recognition. Are you with us?” Mr. Park asked.

 

“Yes!” I answered.

 

“Okay, so tell us about yourself Ms. Artis.”

 

“Umm well my name is Bisola Artis, eighteen years old, an only child of an active soldier in South Korea and a school teacher,” I began.

 

“An active soldier?”

 

“Yeah my father is stationed on one of the military bases near Seoul. When I was two, my father got stationed there, so my family moved and lived in Seoul, near my Dad until I was 8, and then I moved back here in LA with my mom,” I finished.

 

“So you know Korean?” He asked.

 

“Yes, pretty well…I guess,” I laughed.

 

“So how did you get into Korean Pop?”

 

“My friends made me listen to DBSK’s Balloons and then after that I became an avid listener,” I replied.

 

“So my colleagues and I have created a contract here, under the approval and direction of Lee Soo Man, with your terms here as a trainee with SM Entertainment. I want you to discuss this with your parents and bring it back here once you’ve came with a conclusion to continue with us. Is that all right?” Mr. Park said handing me the blue folder.

 

“Yes it is. Thank you,” I replied.

 

The Directors got up gestured for me to shake their hands. I shook each of their hands and bowed.

 

“Kamsahamnida. Annyeonhigyeseyo (Thank you. Goodbye),” I said with a smile and they smiled back and I walked out of the room.

 

Hopefully mom says yes…. I might get to see Dad again


 


 

A/N

With the reponses from the last two chapters, I knew I had to update soon ;3

Feel free to comment because awesome people comment..

(Yong Guk LOL)

 


Question: What's your favorite Kpop song of this year? Comment below!