U Hoo Hoo

The Nerd and the Conceited [Discontinued]

 

 

Chapter eight: U Hoo Hoo

 

      I heard some books falling to the ground. I look towards the direction of the sound. I squinted and glared. My teeth gritted. My fists clenched. Fury reached my eyes. Smoke could been seen coming out of my ears.

 

      I huffed and I puffed. I stomped my way towards them. I grabbed hold of the bully's wrist and looked dead straight into his eyes. “You mess with her, you mess with me. You mess with me, you mess with Block B.” Whispers and mumbles surrounded us. I let go of his wrist and demanded coldly, “Scram and get out of my sight.” His eyes widened and I glared at the surrounding crowd. Everyone else scrambled away leaving just the two of us.

 

      I felt so cool. So protective. So useful. I have finally been able to protect her with my abilities. My breathing heightened. Maybe now she will see me as her knight in shining armour.

 

      I want to be stuck to your side all day long
      I miss you even when my eyes are closed
      Even if your love is fake, whisper it to me
      In this moment, I want to let go of sanity

 

      “Thank you,” she whispered as I ruffled her hair. “I'm here whenever you need me. I'll be there when you need someone to lean on. I'll be the shoulder you can cry on,” I proudly claimed as I puffed out my chest, “I'll be your superman.”

 

      She smiled, “You'll be a wonderful superman.” I blushed furiously. It's now or never. I opened my mouth, “There's something I have to tell you.” She blinked at me and nodded for me to continue. “I really really -” Ring ring ring. She bowed, “Sorry. That's my phone. I have to pick it up.” I shook my head, “No, it's okay.” I forced a smiled upon my face to assure her that it was alright.

 

      “You can tell me later in class,” she waved as she walked away briskly. I frowned at the sky. The weather is gloomy and depressing. It matches my mood right now. I sighed. Maybe it's a sign that I shouldn't confess to her. Not now and not yet.

 

      Pitter patter went the rain. People started to run inside the school building. I sighed and slowly walked my way towards the entrance. Zico spotted me and nodded, “Hey, whats up?” I shook my head, “Nothing at all, hyung. I'm just not in a great mood.”

 

      He hummed in acknowledgement. We walked in complete silence but it wasn't awkward. It was quite nice and comforting. Zico coughed a bit as he chucked his hands , “I heard you saved someone today. Is she someone special to you?”

 

      My body stiffened for a bit and I replied, “You can say that.” He nodded, “Ah, you better treat her like a queen then. Is she someone I, by any chance, know?”

 

      I thought for a bit and pondered. Do they know each other? I remembered when they crossed each others' paths one time, his eyes looked like he was in love when he started at her. My lips slipped softly, “Maybe you do. Maybe you don't. To be quite honest, I'm not sure.”

 

      Zico bobbed his head, “Go to class. I'll see you after school.” I nodded and stated, “See you then.”

 

      Not awkward at all.

 

Author's Note: Happy reading !