Style

The Nerd and the Conceited [Discontinued]

 

Chapter six: Style

 

         I heard a knock at the door. It was early in the morning on a Saturday. I rubbed my eyes in discontent. “Coming!” I cried. I slipped on my slippers and turned the doorknob.

 

         My eyes widened and I gulped slowly. My mind was going into panic mode. “Not gonna invite me in?” the deep voice asked. I just kept staring at him. He scoffed, “I'll take that as a no then.” I stuttered badly, “Wha-what d-do you want from me?”

 

         “You know what I want. The cash, the paper, the money you owe us,” he smirked widely. Oh, if only I could wipe it off his face. “Please give me some time,” I begged softly. He brought his hand to my cheek and caressed it. I flinched at his cold touch, “Please get your hand off me.”

 

         However, he ignored me. He breathed, “It's such a shame that Boss is too kind.” His eyes roamed around my body. “You would be of some use for entertainment. I could vision it already. You in some nice y clothes and strutting around like a little .”

 

       I’ll overcome my slump, I’ll fly higher than everyone else

 

         My body was filling up with anger. “Boss wants his money. You're running out of time, darling. Time is precious money,” the man in front of me whispered huskily, “We'll be waiting.” He turned around and walked away.

 

         I shuddered terribly. My mind went blank. I just stood there at the empty doorway. I blinked a few times and shuddered once more. My parents; they owe them a lot of money. They borrowed money that went towards a failing business.

 

         My fist clenched and you could see my knuckles turning white. That business was not a success. They tried and tried to do everything to bring it back to life. But they sadly just couldn't. It took the life out of their souls. Because of this, they are no longer standing on this Earth.

 

         I’m going to keep walking one path to find my own style

 

         Perhaps it is time that I look for a second job. I sighed and thought of places that were hiring. I walked into my room and changed into a casual yet comfy outfit.

 

         I walked down the street of Seoul hearing music being blasted out. I turned to the direction of the music and saw people beatboxing and rapping. I smiled and thought it looks like fun. Freedom.

 

         I puffed out my cheeks and looked at the ground as I walked. Due to my carelessness, I bumped into someone head on. I winced, “Sorry. I'm so sorry.” The person said, “It's okay.” The voice was a familiar one. I looked up and saw Zico. I shuddered in fear. “Don't be scared of me,” he whispered kindly. I nodded.

 

         I make this promise to myself

 

         “What are you doing in this part of Seoul? Anything can happen. And you're alone too,” Zico stated as he bit his bottom lip. I replied, “Just walking, that's all.”

 

         “Let's go to a coffee shop together! I know one where they sell some great coffee,” he exclaimed happily. I smiled. He doesn't seem like such a bad person like in freshmen year. Maybe I judged him to quickly. “You don't seem like a coffee person,” I stated as he hooked arms with me. The sudden interaction made me blush.

 

         He gleamed, “All of my friends will invite me out to drink, but I'd instead suggest that we go out to a cafe and drink Americano with some cake. Then they'll all swear at me. I'm an emotional kind of person. I don't enjoy flashy entertainment and things like that. I'd rather sit down and chat with friends.”

 

         I tilted my head. How strange. I would think of him as a clubby kind of person. Or a gangster snatching money from people. We walked into a tiny coffee shop.

 

         “Wel-oh Zico, come in! Come in!” the man smirked. He had a well proportioned body with dark skin and well built in muscles. He made me feel intimidated. “Who's the lovely chick? Your girl?” he questioned as he acknowledged my presence.

 

         Zico scratched the back of his head. “Just a friend, Tagoon. Her name is Minhee.” I bowed in respect as I thought: I don't think I've ever introduced myself to Zico.

 

         Tagoon then asked, “Do you want the usual then?” In reply, Zico nodded, “Make it two.”

 

         Maybe he isn't so bad as he make it seem at school. Maybe he is different from everyone else. I smiled at the both of them.

 

         Because the answer lies in no one else but me

 

 

Author's Note:  Hello, fellow readers! I really like this chapter just because Tagoon is in it.  I really like him.  Some of you guys may know him as the ex-trainee of Block B. His name is Mino.  Song Minho.  He is currently in a ballad group called B.O.M.  He is currently in a kdrama called Kpop - The Ultimate Surival alongside with his fellow bandmate, Se Chang.  Tagoon is really great rapper.  I really admire him.  Have a wonderful day!