Strong

The Nerd and the Conceited [Discontinued]

 

Chapter Five: Strong

 

         I sighed in such a wondrous content. To have Minhee as my neighbour has completely made my year. I recently moved into my apartment trying to gain some independence from my parents. They shouldn't being stressing themselves out taking care of me. They deserve some peace and quiet since they're aging.

 

         Another content sigh has slipped out my lips. I looked at my surroundings and propped one arm on the desk. Students chitter chatter amongst themselves. Minhee-ah isn't here yet.

 

         I sighed once more and let my head rest on the school desk. I closed my eyes and let myself fall into a deep dark slumber.

 

        I’m a manito that stands behind you 
       No matter what anyone says, you’re an angel
       An angel that has hidden your wings somewhere

 

         The door slammed quite loudly and thus, I awoke from my really short nap. Minhee stood at the doorway and bowed, “Sorry. Sorry.” Kids around me snickered and .

 

       There’s an entrance to you, but no exit
       I just can’t bring myself away from you

 

         The bell rang indicating that school was over for the day. I walked to Minhee's locker as she was placing her books and such inside.

 

         “BOO!” I cried as she slammed her locker door shut. Her eyes widened and then narrowed her eyes, “Is there something you would like, Jihoon- shii?”

 

         I puffed my cheeks out, “OPPA!” “Is there something you would like, Jihoon oppa?” she softly corrected herself. I smiled and asked, “Shall we walk home together?” She looked down and sighed, “Alright, just because we are neighbours. But I'm telling you. A kingka and nerd together will cause trouble for you.”

 

         “That's alright!” I grinned widely, ignoring all the looks around me. I linked arms with her and smiled once more. She shook her head and said, “Don't you dare say I didn't warn you.”

 

         We passed by many cafes and little odd shops down our street. “Do you like your new home so far?” she asked quietly. “Ah, I do but it is a bit bare right now,” I answered happily. I stared at her from the side as we walked. Her face was glowing so beautifully in the sun. Her brown hair shined amongst the light. I sighed in content once more today. Today has been such a lovely day.

 

         It would be nice if we could walk together more often. Perhaps even everyday. And then maybe, with such great courage, I will be able to confess my undying love for her. I chuckled to myself.

 

         “I think you're nuts. You're laughing to yourself. Are you okay?” she sarcastically asked as she pushed her glasses to her nose bridge. I shook my head, “No. I'm just thinking about something.”

 

         We walked down our hall leading to our apartment rooms. Then all of a sudden, Minhee stopped. I looked beyond her and saw Zico leaning against my door as if he was waiting there for quite some time. He lifted his hand and nonchalantly said, “Hey.” His expression softened and his eyes filled with happiness when he stared at Minhee.

 

         I arched my eyebrow and greeted him back, “Hello, hyung.” Minhee declared, “I should get going. Bye, Jihoon oppa.” She bowed at Zico slightly. Afterwards, she briskly rushed to her door as she passed by Zico. Is she scared of him by any chance? Did something happen between the two?


       Everything is joy, you are my world baby
       This song is the beautiful story of you and I