Oh

The Nerd and the Conceited [Discontinued]

 

Chapter sixteen: Oh

 

        I scrunched up my face as I saw Minhee clinging to Minhyuk. What the hell is she doing with him again? He tried to hurt her and so why on earth would she still be clinging on to him? This thought made my head spin in fury. I shook my head in disappointment.

 

        I don't understand. I do not understand. How the hell did a guy like him get the nerd to cling onto him and for her to avoid me as if I was a plaque? What the hell did I do? My breathing began to get heavier and sound louder as I madly punched the wall near me which scared a few students away.

 

        I heaved a disappointing sigh as I pinched my nose bridge in distress. Ugh, what happened to the quiet little nerd she was all this time. I will never understand girls. They are such complex beings that are so complicated to understand.

 

       Jaehyo and Kyung walked up to me and Jaehyo stared at me intensively. I narrowed my eyes at him, “What?” He shrugged his shoulders and replied, “You just seem tense, that is all.” Kyung jokingly nudged me, “Love problems, sir?”

 

       I scoffed at the both of them, “Love? I have no problems with love. I don't even associate with it.” Jaehyo rolled his eyes and Kyung snickered. I shook my head at the both of them. I mean, love hasn't bothering me right? I mean, it's not like it's taking over my body as if it was some weird disease.

 

       Don’t ever leave, ‘cause I never will
       I only think about you, believe me
      I don’t know about others, but if it’s you
     I know that I can put down instinct with rationality

 

      “Let's just go to class like real men, ok?” I rhetorically asked as my legs made its way towards my bio class and they went their ways.

 

      “You're late today, Jiho,” the teacher stated curtly. I nodded my head at him. At least, I'm here. You should be grateful. I would have said all that but I bit my tongue to resist myself.

 

       “As I was saying, before we got rudely interrupted, the heart has two types of blood going through it. They are known as dioxygenated blood and oxygenated blood,” the teacher monotonously said. The lesson seemed to be a bore to all the other students and thus, I decided to zone out.

 

       I thought about the scene earlier today. And then, my mind concentrated on Minhee. Sometimes when I'm near her, my mind goes blank. It has been doing that ever since I saw her at the back of the school. It's driving me insane. I swear sometimes I go out of character.

 

       I'm supposed to be the cool kingka who rejects all the girls. My life never included some girl to randomly come in. It's not my fault she can sing so beautiful and it caught my attention. I sighed.

 

      There are days where I think of her and I feel so giddy. My pulse shoots up high into the sky. My heart goes lubb and dubb like mad. I don't understand this. What is this feeling?

 

      I stared straight at the board and sighed again.

 

      My gaze, my expressions, I want to hide it all but I can’t
      I don’t know what to do
     My heart keeps pushing me, saying it wants you

 

      Oh , I think I have fallen for Park Minhee.