A Type Life

The Nerd and the Conceited [Discontinued]

 

Chapter seven: A Type Life

 

       Tagoon came back from the kitchen and gave us two sets of Amercianos and some slices of cakes. He then took a seat next to me. Then, he smacked my back. He nodded at Minhee, “she's quite the catch, eh?” She was amazed at the sight of the many cakes and didn't hear us.

 

       “What do you mean?” I asked as I tilted my head. He scoffed, “You may not know how you feel about her now. But later, you will. Bro, it's gonna hit you like a ton of bricks.”

 

       I stared at him and narrowed my eyes, “Right. I'm gonna let myself get hit by bricks. Wonderful stuff to tell me.” He shook his head in amusement.

 

       “It's on the house today, Minhee.” I told her as she kept staring. “Eh? Really?” she put on such an astonished facial expression. I smirked and nodded. “Yah! You're paying for this ! I'm trying to make an income here unlike you rapping your heart, getting more paper than me!” Tagoon cried as he put on a fake hurtful face. She brought her fist to and giggled.

 

       We left his shop and decided to go out some more.

 

       Minhee and I walked down the streets. I looked with the side of my eyes. She is quite a nerd. The way she dresses and those darn huge thick black glasses. She looked very content with her choice of ice cream. I saw her dimples on the side.

 

       Tied up hair that shows off her neck, and she’s got dimples to boot
       I’m entranced by her charms and dazed once again today
      I stretch my arms but get self conscious and put on a poker face

 

       Our hands kept brushing against each but she took no notice of it. But I, on the other hand, did. My ears burned coral red. What is wrong with me? I've stood next to many girls before. Why is this happening now?

 

       I stared at her and questioned, “What were your plans today?” She shyly whispered, “Job hunting.” Ah, . I'm wasting her time then. “Ah,” I awkwardly said, “Should I let you go then?” She shook her head, “I can do it next time no worries.”

 

       I nodded hesitantly. “Well, what shall we do today?” I asked. She shrugged, “Let's go to this bookstore. I've been meaning to grab this book but I haven't had the time.” Yeap, what a typical nerd she is. I smiled, “Sure, why not?”

 

       She grabbed my hand and dragged me. “Let's go!” she smiled back. My eyes widened. My heart started to hyperventilated in quick speed. Heat covered my face. What a cute expression she had! Oh, if I could just pinch her cheeks!

 

       As we opened the door, a ding could be heard. An old man could be seen putting away some novels. He turned to face us, “Ah Minhee! It's been a while.” She bowed, “Ahjusshi! How are you?” I stood there like an awkward turtle. “I've been quite fine. Is he your boyfriend?” he smiled. “Noo!” She exclaimed as she made many hand gestures.

 

       After what seemed like forever, we headed on towards her house. I held a pile of many novels that she had bought. “Thank you for today,” she smiled as she pushed her glasses to the bridge of her nose. “No problem,” I replied with a sly smirk. “I had lots of fun,” she grinned with her eye smile, “If you see Tagoon, tell him I say hi.”

 

       I passed her the pile of books and took her phone. I inserted my number in and named the contact as “Zicova.” Then I sent myself a text to myself to gain her number. “Here. Now you have my number,” I said as I passed her phone back. She gave me a quizzical look before stating, “Thanks... I think.”

 

       I walked away and lifted my left hand as a sign of bye. My hand slipped into my pockets and I grabbed my phone.

 

       “Hey, Tagoon. I need a favour from you.”

Author's Note:
Sorry! It's kind of short.  I'm on the verge of losing motivation. >///<