I'm Still Fly

The Nerd and the Conceited [Discontinued]

Chapter 4: I'm Still Fly

            I shoved my hands into my pockets, roaming around town.  There’s nothing to do these days.  I sighed and then puffed out my cheeks.  I looked around and saw myself on a quiet street in Seoul.  I kicked some stones here and there. 

 

Early on, I put up a wall against my studies
And jumped into this amidst the opposition of others
It's an ensemble of beats, nurture, and lyrics
My joy was in my music, so I wrote and wrote persistently
I do get tired, but I never stop
My storage for creativity is never empty

 

            I walked into a ramyun shop and sat down at a table.  “Ah, Zico! You’re here again,” the ahjumma at the door cried.  I smiled at her and nodded, “The usual please.”

 

            She smiled back and walked into her kitchen.  This place is a homey place.  It has a comfortable and soothing feeling here.  The air was filled with the noodle broth. It smelled so good.  My stomach began to growl.  I looked around and saw a few people here eating as well.  This place is the only place I go to for noodles when I’m alone.

 

            “Here,” the ahjumma said as she placed the bowl in front of me.  She took a seat across my table and looked at me.  “You haven’t been here for a while.  How have you been?”  I slurped some noodles and chewed, “Good.  How about you, ahjumma?”  “Yah!  Eat first then talk,” she scolded with a happy face.

 

            I gleamed at her and swallowed.  I replied, “I said, good. How about you?”  She nodded, “You look very tired. I see eye bags forming.”  I chuckled, “I just haven’t gotten much sleeping.  Things have been on my mind.”

 

            She tilted her and thought aloud, “Is it a girl, by any chance?”  “Eh?” I answered confusingly.  “Is there a girl occupying your head?” she slowly said for me to understand.  I spitted out my noodles and coughed, “Andwae! No way!”  She giggled to her and shook her head, “Liar.”

 

            I blushed and looked down at my noodle bowl.  The girl with the glasses who was at the wooden table the other day has been on my mind.  “There’s no one!” I exclaimed cheerfully.  I placed some cash on the table and said, “I shall be taking off!”  I scurried away.

 

            I wonder what her name is.  I have never seen her around before.  Maybe I’m just blind.  I strolled around in the midst of the dark and heard, “-Please treat me well.”

 

            I looked up and saw P.O talking to someone.  A girl?  I squinted my eye to get a closer look.  Ah, it’s her! I thought in my head.  They’re neighbours?

 

Author's Note: Sorry it's short. Computer has been down.