Heart is Hurt

The Nerd and the Conceited [Discontinued]

 

Chapter thirteen: Heart is Hurt

 

       I blew warm air into my hands as the grey clouds went rolling by. Depressing day, eh? Thunder could be heard from a distance. Lightning could be seen once in a while. No rain yet. I sighed as I walked past the school gates. Lots of students walking into the building. I hate school. It's boring and not fun. Underground is where the life is.

 

      “Tell me what you meant that day” a girl whispered behind me. A voice that was all too familiar. I turned around to greet her but only saw her hand touching his arm. I was face to face against Minhyuk. I had a displeased expression upon my face.

 

     When I first saw you, I stopped in my track
     I kept my head down low and stared at you as you walked past
     My eyes kept following you, but some guy blocked my path
     I could only stare helplessly as I let you go 

 

     He looked at me and gulped. I gritted my teeth as I saw Minhee keep tugging onto him. “Tell me,” she pleaded. She didn't even notice me. Minhyuk sighed heavily, “It is none of your business,” as he tried to pull away from her but that didn't stop her. I started shooting death glares at the guy. Why is she with him? He hurt her so why?

 

     “You act like some bully but honestly, you're a knight in shining armour!,” she shouted angrily. “I'm nothing. I am a piece of junk that is meant to be left on the damn sidewalk. Now leave me alone or else, Zico over here will kill me,” Minhyuk gritted between his teeth annoyingly.

 

     She shook her head in disappointment, “Fine. Be that way.” She looked over at me and nodded. Minhyuk walked briskly passed me. Minhee walked briskly as well but didn't catch up to Minhyuk. I ran to catch up to her instead and grabbed her wrist, “What the hell are you doing with him?”

 

     She looked at me quizzically. She opened but then closed. She thought to herself before giving me an answer. Minhee then shook her head, “Nothing. Nothing at all. Besides, you shouldn't be socializing with me at school. I could bring your reputation down.”

 

     I scoffed, “Oh yeah, well you shouldn't be socializing with the enemy. He tried to hurt you the other day!” “H-he's not what you think he is. I just know he isn't,” she fought back. I shook my head in anger and let her go. I shouted, “Fine. Go to your lover, your boyfriend! I don't care anymore. I'm trying to protect you from being hurt!” She muttered something but I couldn't hear her.

 

     I hoped that you would come back to the same place
     So I went back there again
     I was anticipating you there, but you didn’t come back

 

      She walked away and didn't look back. I'm becoming green with envy and that wasn't good. I ruffled my hair in madness. I kicked a rock pretty far and girls nearby ooohed and aahed. I glared at them. Today just isn't my day.

 

      Author's Note: @pyojihoon T_T i tried to make the chapter longer but i couldnt.  I did not know how~ but i just wanted to at least update.  It's better than nothing right? ><