4 my Town

The Nerd and the Conceited [Discontinued]

 

Chapter fifteen: 4 my Town

 

     Minhyuk-shii still keeps running away from me. I just want to know why he would save me from those loan sharks. How on earth are we alike? In so many ways, we are different. I do not see the connection between the two of us.

 

      I don't understand the guy at all. I shook my head at this thought, I swear he is a bipolar man. He's good looking and bipolar. What a shame.

 

     “Something wrong, dongsaengie?” a male voice expressed. I turned around and smiled. It was Jihoon oppa. The sun bounced off of him and thus, making him look like a god. “Nothing at all,” I replied. Jihoon shoved his hands into his school uniform and shuffled a bit. His eyes showed hesitation and nervousness. “Jihoon?” I tilted my head in confusion.

 

     “I-I have a question for you,” he stuttered terribly. I tucked my hair behind my ear and hummed, “Yes?” He stood there like a brick wall. He then looked down and stated, “Nevermind. It's not important as I thought.”

 

     My eyes went narrowing at him. It's probably important but he is probably too shy to ask. “I won't bite you,” I whispered. He shook his head, “I'll probably ask later or perhaps never.” The birds chirped and an awkward silence overcame us.

 

    He took a swing of his hand and waved bye. Jihoon left me feeling dumbfounded. I looked up to the sky. Today seems to be like sunnyful day. There wasn't a single cloud in the sky and the birds were chirping by as they flew. I hope today will be a good day.

 

      I protect my friends, family, and my crew
     So I’m always in the booth
     Don’t be afraid, take it easy dude

 

      I took long strides getting to Tagoon's cafe. Working there was quite fun and sometimes tiring. But I love having the feeling of accomplishment when a customer is satisfied with their order. I walked into the coffee shop and the aroma of coffee beans filled up my nose. It was quite a lovely scent. I grinned as I greeted my boss, “Hello.”

 

      Tagoon smiled back, “You're right on time. Can you pass this Amerciano to the gentleman at table 4?” I nodded as I tied up my hair into a loose ponytail.

 

      I’ll only look like a hustler to others
     It shakes my skin, the sound dries my blood,
     It’s an art form that’s created with the nastiest of words

 

      “Here's your coffee, sir,” I politely said as I placed the drink in front of him. The man put down his newspaper and looked up at me. My eyes widened as I went into a state of panic. “Thank you. Please have a seat, Park Minhee,” the man said as his wrinkles creased. My hands began to shake as I softly stuttered, “I-I'm sorry but I am currently working.”

 

      “Making money to pay me back after all these years? I'm still waiting upon it. My men will forever be chasing you. Today is your lucky day. It's just me here and so I will not throw you down and kill you right on the spot,” he stated, “Besides, I wouldn't want you dead in this coffee shop. I'd rather have you smeared with blood in a dark alley where no one will find you.” He smiled with an evil glint in his eyes.

 

      I gulped, “I hope you have a nice day.” I quickly walked back to the counter where Tagoon was at. “Do you know the man?” asked Tagoon quietly.

     “He's the man who ruined my life and he goes by the name of Choi Dansen,” I replied back still scared less.