You Wanna Be a Star?

The Nerd and the Conceited [Discontinued]

Chapter Fourteen: You Wanna Be a Star?

 

        I can hear loud knocks and screaming outside of the door. However, it wasn't for me. It was for Minhee. I growled as I thought it was too early in the morning. I grabbed my hot pink pillow and covered my ears. “Give us the goddamn money, princess! I have no time to be playing games with you!” bellowed a man loudly. However, all the man received was silence. I walked out to the balcony with such curious thoughts and looked at her empty balcony.

 

        My eyes lingered around until I realized her balcony door was open and no one was inside her home. I then averted my eyes to the ground of the apartment building and saw her running with full speed. My hands ran through my bed hair as I sighed and grabbed a pair of clean clothes.

 

        As quick as I could, I changed into them and opened my door. Men were standing outside of her door and they gave me the shudders. “What are you looking at, punk?” one asked with a menacingly low voice. My back stiffened as I uttered, “Nothing.” I ran as fast as my feet could down the apartment building.

 

        Where could she be? Where could she be? I thought to myself. I looked left and right. Streets were busily buzzing with people and chatter. I furrowed my eyebrows and decided to go straight. She needs help. I just know it.

 

        A person that looks at just their finger, not the moon
        A person that doesn’t think before they act
        A person so mentally weak, they’re like a garden tiger moth, easily stimulated by the littlest of seductions

 

        Many hours later, I couldn't find her. She's quite the ninja. I sighed and walked slowly to Tagoon's coffee shop with my back slouching. I blew a raspberry in defeat.

 

       The bell of the door went chiming. I raised my hand to acknowledge Tagoon that I was here. “Hey, why the long face?” the husky man asked with curiosity. I took a seat at a nearby booth and sighed, “Nothing. Can I just get a large mocha latte?” I placed my hands on my cheeks and sighed again.

 

        Tagoon walked away and started doing his magic. I looked out the window with my head against the comfy green chair. The world seemed busy today. People were walking around in different directions. This part of Seoul is the bad part of Seoul. Gangsters here and there. I mean, even I'm part of one. Block B.

 

        If it weren't for Block B, I don't know where I would be right now. But most definitely, I wouldn't be sitting in this coffee shop. I would be at home with my loving strict parents. I would probably be out there being a rebel trying to gain freedom; some of my air to breathe in.

 

        The chiming of the door went off which indicated a new customer. I turned my head towards the door. My eyes went big and slipped out a question, “What are you doing here, h-hyung?” Do I even have the right to call him hyung anymore? Was it okay for me to say such a thing?

 

        The man's eyes softened, “I'm just being a normal Korean citizen buying some coffee.” I blushed in embarrassment. Of course, that is what you would normally do at a coffee shop. I nodded, “Come sit in front of me, Minhyuk.” He did what I said.

 

        “How is everyone these days? Ah, besides Zico. Lately, he has been up my for hanging out with this one chick. Actually, it's more like she clings to me but oh well,” he shrugged nonchalantly. I tilted my head in confusion.

 

        Tagoon came back with my drink and spotted Minhyuk, “Ah, the usual?” Minhyuk nodded as Tagoon walked away. I kindly answered, “Everyone has been fine these days. But how are you?” He looked out the window and replied, “I've been quite fine too.” A comfortable silence eased upon us as we sat there. I kept taking tiny sips of my mocha latte.

 

        I wanted to open my mouth and ask him why did he do it? Why would he sell out Block B's territory to another gang? What was his purpose for it? I sighed as I stared at him. He was still looking out the window with his eyebrows furrowed.

 

        Tagoon once again came by our table and placed Minhyuk's drink in front of him. “Raspberry cheesecake and a fruit smoothie?” I narrowed my eyes at him. “What? I like this stuff,” he shrugged at me. I shook my head and thought he was silly for eating such things in the afternoon.

 

        After a few minutes, the chiming of the door went off again. Both our heads turned and we loudly shouted, “Minhee?!” Sweat was dripping down her head. She looked quite a mess. She looked at us and gave us a slight smile.

 

        “It's them again, that's all,” she looked at Minhyuk who just nodded in return. “You guys know each other?” I asked curiously. Minhee nodded, “Yeap, he is my knight in shining armour.” My heart dropped low as I felt envious of Minhyuk. I looked at him and he shook his head, “It was a one time thing. And ever since then, you have clinging to me like a monkey.”

 

        Minhee feigned innocence, “It's not my fault you played as a bad guy the first time we met.” Minhyuk scrunched his face and in a low voice, “You just happened to piss me off that day.”

 

        I looked at the both of them as Minhee sat next to me. My heart skipped a beat but I couldn't help but wondered about what the relationship between the two. I felt left out and absolutely confused.

 

        The body and mind, the balance of your work and family
        These are what veterans already know how to control
        I gave you a scare, but it’s not with bad intentions

 

        Is Minhyuk hyung a rival now? 

 

Author's Note: Sorry for the long wait ! >///< you guys can follow me on tumblr if you would like it is:

http://www.poopstik.tumblr.com