Halo

The Nerd and the Conceited [Discontinued]

 

 

Chapter Eleven: Halo

 

       I stood at the glass door which led to the balcony when I noticed something at the corner of my eyes. I can see Minhee staring at the midnight sky on her own balcony. The moon was shining upon her face. My heart skipped a beat or perhaps even two beats. It raced and raced like a dog chasing its own tail. The stars twinkled in the sky. Not a single trace of a cloud could be seen. I felt myself flushing. The image of her brought a smile to my face. She looked at peace and very well relaxed. I can stare at her all day.

 

      Stop those footsteps following the trend
      There isn’t anyone that does as much as we do

 

        I opened the door and stood outside. “The stars, aren't they beautiful tonight?” She turned to face me and a surprised face can be seen. “Jihoon oppa! You scared me! The stars are quite beautiful,” she replied in glee. Not as beautiful as you, I thought. “Do you see it?” she said turning back to the sky and pointed. I tilted my head confusingly, “See what?”

 

       “Dorado,” she whispered softly. “What's Dorado?” I questioned her. She grinned, “It's a constellation. It looks like a swordfish. Dorado is spanish for dolphin but people sometimes call it a swordfish.”

 

       I turned to the sky and stared. I couldn't see a swordfish even if I squint my eyes. I shook my head, “No, I can't see it.”

 

      She stood at the side of her balcony and placed one foot at the peak of it. I turned and widened my eyes, “What are you doing!?” “Going to your balcony, silly,” she chuckled. I ran to my side of the balcony and reached out, “Hey, that's dangerous!” She shrugged and “Oomph,” she went.

 

       Minhee took my pointing finger and made it point to the sky. She drew a swordfish with the stars in the sky. “Ta-dah! You see it now?” I blushed at the physical contact and stuttered, “Y-yeah, I-i do see it.”

 

      What you wish, what you want
      Tell us everything, we’ll listen to it all

 

       She smiled very widely, “Isn't it wonderful?” I could only meekly nod my head. She was so close to me and smiling that radiant smile of hers at the same time. My heart just felt like it would burst. “Constellations are so beautiful and pretty,” She sighed. I can smell a mango peach scent from her and it was just breathtaking. “Mmm,” I hummed in reply.

 

      Minhee clasped her hands together and stated, “Every star has a story yet no one is willing to listen to it. They're constantly in the sky giving guidance to lost ones. I hope it'll give me guidance one day. I wish upon many shooting stars and yet they have never ever came true.”

 

        Something different, something unique