It's Not Over

The Nerd and the Conceited [Discontinued]

 

Chapter One: It's Not Over

 

       I my upper lip and then scoffed, “Thanks, darling. But I ain't looking for a relationship right now. However, I do feel rather flattered that you'd fall for a guy like me.”

 

       Here stood a girl confessing her love to me in the middle of the cafeteria where everyone who was anyone stared at her. However, I rejected her. I'm not a guy who is willing to settle down for a lady. I'm more of a one time kind of guy. I don't need someone to drag me down in their world. I'm living life the way I want. I'm the one that matched myself to you.. Those are words that I will never say.

 

       She ran off on the verge of tears dropping on to her delicate face. I rolled my eyes at the sight. Jaehyo shook his head, “Another girl down. More to go. Why don't you just get into a relationship? Flings are nothing. They're useless and meaningless.”

 

       I shrugged and replied, “I don't need a significant other. Not now and not yet.” Jaehyo sighed deeply and placed his hands in his pockets. He then answered, “Your soulmate will be gone before you even know it.” Yookwon walked away as he gave out winks to nearby female students.

 

       Kyung grabbed my arm and said, “Hey, let's just grab some food. Okay?” We all followed him to the end of the long line. As we walked, someone bumped into me. All the books she was carrying went tumbling to the ground. I turned around and saw glasses on the ground. I raised my left eyebrow and turned back.

 

       I sighed in frustration. Today just isn't my day. First, I failed my biology test. Then, Jaehyo and his soulmate talk. And now, this.

 

       “Thank you very much, Jihoon-shii,” a very elegant voice said. Pyo then replied, “No problem but please, do call me P.O oppa!” The girl stuttered, “P.O o-oppa, thank you.” My eyes went wide. The way she said oppa had a very nice ring to it. I turned around to see her face. Sadly, it was only her retreating back that I saw. My shoulders went deflated.

 

       Pyo tapped my shoulder. “Hey, can't you pick up her books or at least apologize?” I shrugged with no comment or answer. All he did was shake his head in disappointment.

 

       The line moved forward. “I'm not hungry anymore,” I continued quietly, “I'll see you guys around.” I walked off to a nearby tree and sat there looking at the scenery.

 

       My body, my heart will just freez
       I've never thought of leaving youI don't have the time to resent you in my memories
       If you're going to leave, you're going to have to step over me

 

       I groaned as there was nothing to do. I hear a voice singing their heart out. It sounds so lovely yet the lyrics are heartbreaking.

 

       Was it a lie when you said that you loved me? 
       When you say it's over, when you tell me to erase everything
        I don't believe any of it

 

       I ponder to myself thinking about the lyrics. Love? I'm only in high school. Rapping is my number one priority. Love can come later when I'm prepared. I walk around and see a girl sitting at a wooden table with books all around her. She tucked her hair behind her ears.

 

       The rustling of my feet on the ground can be heard. It surprised her and so, she turned around. My eyes widened as my heart started to accelerate. Her eyes widened in shock as she caught me staring at her. The beating of my heart went even faster.  I shook my head.  No no no.  My heart cannot be beating for this girl.  It cannot.  I will not allow it. 

 

       She bowed slightly and gathered up her materials. As soon as she finished, she ran off.

 

       Love is a lie. It's a lie.
       I'm a big lie.