Happy Birthday Won-ah!

The Diary

April 7

It’s Siwon’s birthday, I had planned things very carefully, but Siwon just had to ruin it, in the best way possible. Here are the details.

I hung out with Siwon until around 11 last night. I thought 11 was a good time to rush home, pretending like I had forgotten about his birthday, enough time to make Siwon sad, but not enough to make him sleep, so when I return to him on midnight and sing him happy birthday, he will be awake and surprised. I had even prepared the cake! How awesome would that be?!

So yeah, I went home at 11, pretending like I was extremely sleepy and I couldn’t play any longer. Siwon did wish for me to stay and just sleep in his room, but I turned him down. I was actually smirking on my way home, knowing that my plan is working out. But apparently, luck was not on my side. It was actually Siwon himself who ruined my plan.

I was humming happily in my room, waiting for midnight. But it wasn’t even half past 11 when Siwon climbed up to my room, wearing a kind of disappointed face. I almost die of shock when he knocked on my window. I was like, what the hell, Siwon?! I was supposed to shock you tonight. Not the other way around!

“What are you doing, Siwon? I told you I’m gonna get some sleep.” I hissed at him as I opened my window.

He slipped inside.

“Kiyuuuu...” he whined, “It’s almost midnight...”

Damn!

“Are you forgetting about my birthday? I wanna spend my birthday with you...” he whined again.

I can only sigh. This guy’s really a mood-killer!

“Of course not. How on earth can I forget about your birthday??? Come here!” I said weakly as I grabbed Siwon’s hand and dragged him downstairs to the kitchen.

“Hey, where are you taking me, Kiyu?”

“Downstairs.”

“But why?”

“Shush!!”

Then we reached the refrigerator. I opened the door, exposing the dim refrogerator light into the dark kitchen. I took out a large box and put it on the kitchen counter. I slid two steps to my left to a drawer and took out a lighter. Then I scooted back to where I put the large box and started to unwrap it. I can sense Siwon moving lightly in confusion behind my back.

“What are you doing Kiyu? I can’t see you...” He whispered, blowing warm breath that makes the hair on the back of my neck stood up.

“Shush!”

I waited until my watch beeped. And when it does, I quickly clicked on the lighter and lit up the candles. Then I turned around to face Siwon, bringing the cake up. His face looked inhumanly handsome bathed in the candle-light.

“Happy birthday, Won-ah! Blow the candles out!!” I said, trying to sound as sweet as I could manage.

Siwon’s eyes grew big.

“Kiyu... You got me a cake! You got me a cake!!” He shook my body.

“Just blow the damn candles already! My hands are getting numb!!!” I whined.

Siwon chuckled.

“Alright, alright... Let me make a wish first.” He said as he close his eyes.

1 minute passed... (or so it seems)

“Are you done?” I asked.

“Not yet.” Siwon answered, still smiling with eyes closed.

Another minute passed.

“What the hell are you wishing for?” I whined.

“Not supposed to tell anyone.” He said again.

“I’m gonna count to three, if you’re still making a wish I’m gonna shove this cake up your face.” I threatened.

“There. I’m done. Puff!” Siwon blew the candles cheerfully.

I sighed as I put the cake back on the counter. I swear my arms were gonna fall off if I were to hold that cake up for another minute.

“That, has got to be the looooooongest birthday wish anyone has ever made!” I commented.

Siwon laughed.

“I gotta make sure I don’t leave anything behind.” Siwon responded, “But Kiyu, thank you for the cake. I honestly thought you forgot about my birthday.”

I sighed again.

“Actually, this is not the way I planned. I was gonna bring the cake out to you exactly when the clock strikes 12. But you ruined it.”

Siwon gasped.

“Aaawww Kiyuuu.... I’m so sorry! I didn’t know!” he said.

“Of course you didn’t know. You weren’t supposed to know.” I shrugged.

“I’ll make it up to you! Let’s do whatever you want to do today!” He suggested.

“But it’s your birthday. You should do whatever you want to do!” I argued.

“And what I really want to do is to spend my birthday with you, doing whatever things you want to do!” He grinned sheepishly.

“Alright, I want to try this new game at the game center, then I want to eat pizza, but first, I wanna get some sleep.” I said.

“Alrighty!” he said, “but what about the cake?”

“Eat it, feed it to a cat, or just put it back in the fridge. Whatever. It’s yours.” I said as I walked towards the stairs, leaving Siwon behind. Actually I was just teasing him, I giggled silently on my way.

“Yo Kyu, wait up!” I heard Siwon called, “I’m going to sleep with you!”

Then he swung his arm over my shoulder and walk with me upstairs, hugging me, and kissing my cheeks. I pretended to be annoyed and tried to push him away, but he won’t bugde, and I’m glad, because secretly, I was happy.

“If my mom knew you’re my boyfriend, they would never let you sleep over in my room anymore.” I giggled.

Siwon suddenly stopped in his track.

“Have our moms found out about us?” He asked.

“How the hell should I know? It’s not like we do stuffs like kissing or anything in front of them. We were always being our usual selves, right?” I shrugged as I pushed open my bedroom door and hopped on my bed. Siwon followed.

“I guess so. Why do you think my dad doesn’t want our moms know? How about your dad?” He asked again as he s his arm around my waist, sending shivers down my spine because I was backfacing him.

I turned around.

“If you talk some more, I’m gonna have to throw you out the window!” I said.

Siwon chuckled. I told you that my threats never really work on him right?

“Aigoo.... My baby Kiyu is very scary. I thought he loves me, but he wants to throw me out of his window.”

“Shut up! Sleep!” I hissed.

Then peace at last. I was drifting off to sleep (if not asleep already and I was actually dreaming) when I felt Siwon hugged me from behind. I smiled.

“Kiyu...” he whispered.

“Hmm?” I mumbled.

“I love you.” He said, or so it sounded. I can’t really remember. I must have fallen fast asleep.

Then in the morning, I was woken up by my mom. When I look around my bed, Siwon was nowhere to be found. My mom put her index finger on her lips, as if telling me not to make a sound. Then she gestured me to get off my bed and follow her. Then I notice, my dad and Siwon’s parents were standing behind her. They were bringing another cake and a small box decorated with white ribbon with them.

Ah! I know! They were going to surprise Siwon! So that must mean that Siwon was still here in my bedroom. But where?

Then I climbed down on my bed. And there on the carpeted floor, I saw Siwon sleeping soundly with no pillows at all. He must have fallen off of my bed somewhere in his sleep. I can’t help but to laugh seeing him sprawled flat on the floor. But it’s better that way. Because if our parents walked in and saw us sleeping with our position last night, they were bound to notice, and we would be so dead.

Siwon's mom then woke him up. He opened his eyes bit by bit, and I could see he was confused. Then we shouted “Happy Birthday Siwon!” and his face shone instantly. He immediately sat up and squaked.

“More caaaake!”

“Go ahead, blow the candles out!” my dad said as my mom offered him the birthday cake.

Then he blew, and we all hugged him and wished him a happy birthday. His dad handed him the small box and his mom encourage him to open it. I guess they were giving him a watch, but how wrong I was. From inside the box, Siwon pulled out a key. A real car key!!!

“Your present is parked outside. I trust you can take responsibility of yourself and Kyuhyun or whoever you drive with it?” his dad asked with a smile.

Siwon nodded eagerly.

“Then go out and get your birthday present!” Siwon’s mom said with a sweet giggle.

So yeah, Siwon got his first car that day, and I was the first person he took for a ride. We went to school, then had a birthday date afterwards. The day started bad, with a perfect plan being ruined, but in the end, the Siwon’s birthday plan had its own way of coming out. And I get to give him my present, which was a song I had wrote for him. I told him I was going to the restroom at the pizza place, when actually, I was getting on stage to sing for him on the piano. Ariel went crazy because she never took me as the sweet type. But yeah, everything fell into place at the end of the day. Siwon was happy. I was happy.

So, happy birthday again Siwon! Hope to share the rest of your birthdays with you.

 

18 years together and counting,

-Cho Kyuhyun-