My First of Everything

The Diary

February 25

Hello hello... Happy Sunday! This is Kyuhyun, and I’m here to report my date yesterday, which was hella awesome! So Siwon took me to the amusement park for our first date! Yes, AMUSEMENT PARK!!! I always loved amusement parks. At some point in my kindergarten years I even begged my parents to move our house to the amusement park. I really want to be able to spend all the time I have in one of those fun rides. I finally gave up the idea of living inside an amusement park when mom told me “Kyu, are you sure you want to live in the amusement park? We won’t be neighbors with Siwon and his family anymore if we move to the amusement park.”

So you see, it’s really nice for Siwon to take me to the amusement park when he was the reason I gave up my dream. But honestly, this was not my first time going to the amusement park with Siwon. It was actually a weekly routine for us when we were in primary school. We stopped going when we started to get busy with our new activities like piano lesson for me and Taekwondo practice for Siwon. But to tell you the truth, when my parents took me to the amusement park for the first time in my life, Siwon was also there with me.

So it may not really a new thing for us to go to the amusement park, but this time it was the first time we were actually going out as each other’s official dates. And it’s been years since our last visit, so it really got me all hyped up like a kid in sugar rush.

We started off with rollercoaster, like always. Siwon may look like a real tough guy, but actually he’s not too fond of rollercoasters. And I always love it when he grabs my hand real tight during our rollercoaster ride. Hahahaha...

Then we went on some bumper car ride. Then cheesy Siwon dragged me to a carousel. The operator guy and the kids were all laughing at us. I should have felt embarrassed, but no, I felt kinda nice seeing Siwon knelt down by my horse and acted like he’s my bodyguard or something.

“I didn’t really have to get on that carousel, you know...” I teased Siwon as we walked away from the merry-go-round with Siwon waving happily to the kids behind, “I can ride on you whenever I want to ride a horse.” I giggled.

But Siwon did not.

“Kiyu... You’re such a tease!” He said awkwardly. I was confused for a while, but when the realization hit me, I regret instantly for making such a “naughty” comment earlier.

“I... Ummm... I’m hungry! Let’s get some lunch!” I quickly walked away from Siwon, not daring to look at him. Then I heard a small chuckle followed by Siwon’s fingers intertwined with mine. It happened so fast in such a sudden that I couldn’t even react in time. However, I like having his hands around mine. I never want to let go. I wish we can stay that way forever.

“What do you wish to eat, my princess?” Siwon asked.

I slapped his head.

“Do I look like a princess to you?” I glared.

“As a matter of fact, you do. A very beautiful princess.” Siwon giggled.

Another smack on his head.

“Alright, alright. My bad. What do you want to eat, my beloved Prince Kiyu?” He asked again, still giggling happily.

“Jajangmyuuuun!” I answered a little bit too excited than I had planned.

Siwon chuckled.

“Alright. Let’s eat jajangmyun.” He said as he draggedme to the noodle sh

After we ate, we decide to play some arcade games. It’s not like we can hop on another physically challenging ride with such a full stomach anyway. We played a few rounds of Mortal Combat and Time Crisis, which I won most of the times. Then after that we went to every available rides out there, laughing our hearts out not minding anyone around.

It was nearing sunset when Siwon took me to the Ferris wheel. He remembered. He remembered that the Ferris wheel was the main reason I wanted to live inside the amusement park. He remembered that I used to beg the operator ahjussi to let me ride more than one round of Ferris wheel ride no matter how long the queues are outside. And he remembered that I always loved to ride it last, after I had done riding all the other rides, after I got exhausted from playing all day, and I would sit on the gondola floor, rest my head on Siwon’s shoulder, and smile all the way as I wonder of what’s behind the horizon, very much like we did yesterday.

“Still wondering of the horizon, Kiyu?” Siwon asked.

“I’m not a kindergarten kid anymore, Siwon... I know a lot about the horizon now.” I said smugly without lifting my head off of Siwon’s broad shoulder.

Siwon chuckled lightly.

“Are you happy, Kiyu?” Siwon asked again.

I nodded on Siwon’s shoulder while mumbling “very happy”.

“Good.” Siwon said again.

Then we fell silent for a while, enjoying the sunset at the far west of the horizon.

“Kiyu...” Siwon called softly.

“Hmm?” I responded.

“I’ve been wanting to do this since forever, ...” he paused.

I waited.

“Now that we’re official, ummm... can I, kiss you?” he asked.

I chuckled. Why did he even need a permission to do that? Sometimes I really don’t get how polite Siwon is. I mean, we’re not in the 1930’s, this is a modern world, and it’s really normal for people to kiss their lovers. Wait, now that I’m writing the word “lovers”, it actually feels kinda weird. Lovers... Okay, I’m getting shy, it’s stupid. Anyway, back to my report.

“You’re laughing.” Siwon stated.

“I clearly am.” I said, still laughing.

“Why are you laughing?” he asked.

“Because it’s funny.” I said again.

“What’s funny?” he asked.

“You are.” I answered.

“Why am I funny?” he asked.

Then I kissed him, square on the lips.

I wasn’t looking, but I could sense that he was shocked. Not for long, though, because a moment later, I felt Siwon eagerly kissing me back.

“You talk too much.” I said in between kisses.

“It’s not fair, Kiyu. How come you always steal my moves? You confessed first. And now you kissed me first. I should be the one making that move, you know.” He whined.

I chuckled.

“You, of all people, should know that I am extremely impatient. And you tend to overthink things. I can’t wait for you to make a move.”

Then Siwon hugged me.

“Ah... Then I presume you’d like a more spontaneous act like this?” He asked before he stole another kiss.

“Oh. Yeah.” I giggled.

We kissed some more, then just stayed silent as we went back to our original pose. Siwon, on my right, leaning over the gondola bench, bended knees, one hand on my waist, the other rested on his knees. While me, I sat by Siwon’s side, leaning over him, head on his shoulder, smiling ear to ear. We stayed that way until our ride is over and we had to step out of the beautiful memorable Ferris wheel.

As we drove home, I can’t help but to steal glances over my Siwon and think about our day. It was our first date, he gave me my first kiss, he’s my first love, I believe he’s also my first friend... I could go on and on for days about this, but I’m pretty sure it will all lead to one conclusion. Siwon is my first of everything. And I’m really glad for it. Even if I get to live a thousand lives, I wouldn’t want to have it any other way. He’s my first, and my only.

Oh, that’s probably Siwon on the door. We’re gonna go to church together. Well, with our parents too actually. But, I don’t mind. I like hanging out with Siwon’s family. Right then, I’ll write some more later. See ya!!!

 

 

Hopefully Siwon’s First Too,

-Cho Kyuhyun-