My Plan Is In Danger!!

The Diary

February 10

Mayday Mayday!! Ring the alarm! Alert the guards! A threat is coming! Yes, a threat to my perfect love story with Siwon, a threat in the form of a girl, a foreign exchange student named Ariel. No, not the Disney mermaid, although I have to admit, not any less pretty than the ocean princess. She’s American, her father is a diplomat, and her family just moved in here, to beautiful Seoul. And since Siwon is the best English speaker in school, except the English teachers of course, so they assigned Siwon to show her around and accompany her until she is used to Korean school.

I must tell you though, that no, I’m not jealous. Really. Not at all. Okay, maybe just a little bit. A teeny weenie bit, that’s all. The problem is, me and Siwon used to be a duo, now with her we became a trio. She kept hanging out with us all the time, and Siwon seemed to enjoy being with her a lot although he always made sure that I’m there with them too.

She’s also in our year, not in our class, but she always walks to classes and eat lunch with us. For those who don’t know, they probably think it was her who was showing Siwon and me around. And yes, I have to be there where they are because (1) Siwon always drag me along with him (even to his Taekwondo practice in which I only sat around the corner peeking over his perfect shape from behind my PSP), and (2) I don’t want to leave the two hottest kids in school alone on their own. Something might happen to them and I’d hate to not be there and ruin the mood. I’m not jealous, well maybe a little, but I swear I’m not doing this because I’m jealous, I’m doing it for the sake of all evil-doers in the universe. I am the Prince of Evil after all.

Anyway, the thing I feared started to begin today. It was lunch time, and my class ended early, so me and Siwon head straight to the canteen to grab our lunch. I was starving like usual. So we didn’t wait for Ariel to come and get us. Hell, I didn’t even remember about her. We were enjoying our lunch, Siwon was being clingy and stupid like usual, and we were talking about going to the movie tomorrow when Ariel came bouncing merrily like Santa’s reindeer towards our table. Siwon greeted her happily, and I felt my food wasn’t so delicious anymore. Damn!

“Siwooooon....” she waved and hurried to sit next to me.

“Hey Ariel!” Siwon greeted back.

“I went to your class but it’s empty. What happened?” she asked, in English.

“Oh yeah, our class ended early. And Baby Kiyu here was starving. So we went straight to lunch.” Siwon said, also in English, while poking my nose. I hissed at his guts. No one, and I mean it, no one, disturb me while I eat and get away with it.

“Ahem... Excuse me,” I said, also in English, “With all due respect, this is Korea. You ma’am, need to improve your Korean. And you sir, need to stop showing off.” I said matter-of-factly, glaring at Ariel, then to Siwon, then back to my lunch.

Both Ariel and Siwon laughed.

“Oh hi Kyuuu...” Ariel turned to me and grinned. Have I told you that she’s like the female version of Siwon? She’s tall, y, pretty, athletic, and she also likes to baby me.

“Hey Aeril... Whazzup?!” I said with whatever I can manage out of my full mouth.

“It’s Ariel, Kyu... Ei-Rie-Yell... Ariel!” She corrected.

“Yea, whatever! Not my fault, you got a difficult name.” I said. She laughed. And Siwon grabbed my cheeks... Again! Gosh! I hate it.

“Kiyuuuuu...!!” He squealed. “Why so cuuute???”

“Yah! What the hell, Siwon?! Get off of me and my food! “ I yelled.

Siwon and Ariel laughed again. I hate it that they look good together.

“Aaawww... Kiyuuuu... What are you eating anyway?” Now it’s Ariel’s turn to squeal.

“Kyuhyun.” Siwon corrected.

“Huh?!” Ariel turned to Siwon, she looked confused.

“His name is Kyuhyun.” Siwon stated, “So call him Kyuhyun.”

“But you just called him Kiyu! Right?!” she asked.

And I thought, here goes the Kiyu argument again. But this time, I’m not at all annoyed at Siwon’s crazy possessive behavior. I’m actually kinda glad he did.

“I did.” Siwon answered, “But you’re not me. So you have to call him Kyuhyun. He doesn’t like it when people other than me are calling him Kiyu. Right Kyu?!”

“Huh?!” I lifted my head to meet Siwon’s eyes. I wasn’t paying attention to them. I was concentrating on my food. Then I saw Siwon’s ‘just play along’-stare.

“Oh, right! Yeah. Call me Kyuhyun.” I said.

Ariel raised her eyebrows, staring back and forth at me and Siwon.

“Oh I get it!” She exclaimed, “It’s your special nickname for Kyuhyun! How cute! I’ll make my own! Hmmm... Let me see... What should I call you Kyuhyun? Ah! I’m gonna call you Snow, okay?!” she said happily.

“Why do I feel like I’m some kind of fat, lazy, snarky, white-furred, arrogant cat?!” I sighed.

Both Ariel and Siwon laughed like crazy while keep repeating “You are! You are!!” like a broken record. Gosh I hate stupid Siwon and crazy She-won!

“So I heard you guys are going to see a movie tomorrow...” Ariel said once she and Siwon had done laughing.

“How can you possibly heard that?! You were meters away. I saw you.” I winced at her.

“Oh I have really good ears, Mr. Snow!” she winked.

 “Stop calling me that!” I whined.

“But it’s cute! Like you!” she exclaimed.

“I’m not cute!” I yelled.

“Yes, you are!” Siwon joined.

“See?!” Ariel shrugged and exchange glances with Siwon.

“I’m not cute!” I repeat.

“Mr. Snow!” she stuck out her tongue.

“Mermaid!” I followed.

“Bunny!” she called.

“Fox!” I called back.

“So can I come?!” she said.

“Fine!” I said. It was reflex. And I regret it right away.

“Aawww... Thanks, Mr. Snow!” she hugged me.

Dammit! She tricked me! Damn she-won... SHE WON!!!”

And that’s what I’m worried about. She will start hanging out with us outside of school. And it’s all my fault! Stupid Kyuhyun! Now she gets to ruin your date. Now she gets to spend more time with Siwon! And when I was in the middle of cursing my own stupidity, I heard Siwon chuckled.

“Gosh! You two are so alike!” He pinched both of our cheeks.

“I’m nothing like her!” I pouted. “You, are like her.” I pointed at Siwon.

“Excuse me, boys...” Ariel cut in, “I’m flattered that you said that we’re alike, but with all due respect, I have to object, because well, you see, I’m a girl.” She said, then she and Siwon burst out laughing.

“You don’t look like a girl. You look like Siwon.” I said bluntly. That earned me a smack on the head. And I have to tell you, not only does she act like Siwon, she’s also strong like Siwon. Man, I can feel the back of my head hurt even now. Ouch!

But to tell you the truth, when she jokingly claimed that she’s a girl, something struck in my head. Siwon likes me. I’m pretty sure about that. How can he be otherwise when he treated me sweetly like always? But Siwon thinks Ariel is like me. And she’s a girl? What if Siwon likes her the way that he likes me? What if Siwon falls for her? It’ll be easier too, since she’s a girl... What if Siwon chooses her??

No, Kyuhyun. Don’t be stupid! Stop being paranoid. Be positive! You said yourself that it’s okay if Siwon doesn’t like you back, as long as you can tell him how you feel. Right?! Great. Now I’m talking with myself. I’m going crazy!

Hey Valentine! Please come sooner...!!!

Now getting afraid of losing,

-Cho Kyuhyun-

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry it took me so long to get this chapter up. Honestly, I'm having difficulties writing. I have the idea of where this story is going to go, it's the details that's killing me.

And I hope you're all okay with me adding a fictional character in this chapter. I'd really appreciate if you can give me ideas for details I need to write.

And lastly, thanks for the nice comments, I really didn't think this one will be well accepted. I hope you will continue reading. Thank yoooouuu...