First day, first death

When death calls

4th year highschool..

It was the first day of school and everyone was smiling at each other. When the teacher came in everyone sits down and the teacher asked the students to introduce theirselves one by one. Then suddenly, Lee Hong Ki came in the class late. Everyone was looking at him. He bows down and sits down behind Min. Min plays with her hair and draws random stuffs on her notebook. She looks at Shin Hye who is sitting beside her. 

The teacher called Hong ki. Hong Ki stands up and introduced himself. Min bows down and continues drawing. 

"I'am Lee Hong Ki." Lee Hong ki continues to talk. Min stopped drawing and her eyes widen because of shock. She looks behind her to see Hong Ki. When it was time for Min to introduce herself she stands up fast and gulped. "I.. I'am Lee Min Young." Min continues to talk about herself when suddenly it hits Hong Ki. She looks at Min and smiles. After introducing theirselves it was recess. Min turns around and looks at Hong Ki who was looking at her.

Min: Are you..

Hong Ki: Yes. I'am Lee Hong Ki. And i'am your long lost brother!

Min: It is you!

They stand up and hugs each other. Jiyeon walks to Min and asks who Hong Ki is. 

"He is my long lost brother! I found him! At last!" Min said. "Really?! I'm Park Jiyeon! Hey. I took care of your really naughty sister! At last you came back! I'm so happy for the two of you!" Jiyeon said and congratulates them. 

Hong Ki went out to eat. Jiyeon goes to the comfort room to fix her hair. Min looks at Shin Hye who was writing down notes. She walks to Shin Hye and sits beside her. "Hey! I'm Lee Min Young. You're Shin Hye right?" Min said. Shin Hye looks at her and she nods softly.

Min: Are you shy?

Shin Hye: No

Min: Can we be friends?

Shin Hye: Are you sure?

Min: Y-yeah. Of course! Why?

Shin Hye: Okay. You're the first person to talk to me like this. I feel that i need to be nice to you.

Min smiles and pats her back. "We're now fourth year students! Just enjoy your life! This is once in a life time you know? So give me a smile!" 

Shin Hye smiles. Min claps her hands and puts her arms around Shin Hye. 

After 9 months..

October 31

At school everyone was wearing their costumes except Min, Jiyeon and Hong Ki.

Min: Yes! Its Halloween!

Jiyeon: Yeah~ I love this day! Also April fools day.

Kibum: Yah! Why aren't you wearing your costumes?

Min: Because we don't want to!

In the middle of the fun in the classroom, a cellphone rings. Everyone looks for the phone. Joon Ki picks up his phone. "Its mine everyone." Everyone ignored him and continued having fun.

He goes out of the room and looks at the number. "This number is kinda weird and its color red. Nevermind." He answers the phone call and says hello.

He heard nothing but a rattling. It seems like a death rattle. A death rattle is the sound produced by someone who is near death when saliva accumulates in the throat.

He got creeped out so he ends the call and goes in the room again. He looks at his cellphone and goes to the call log. He saw the last call with the red number. "5: 30? But its 4:00! Haiish. Something's wrong with my phone." He goes to Hong Ki and told him what happened. When Hong Ki heard it he said it to Min. Min silenced for a while and she got goosebumps.

"The Death call. You need to forward it before it's 5:30!" Min said while rubbing her cheeks.

Joon Ki: What? That's nonsense!

Min: I'm serious! Its a rumor!

Joon Ki: Rumors are rumors and they will stay rumors.

Hong Ki: I heard of that rumor too! But i think its not true either.

Jiyeon: I heard someone already died because of that death call. It was many years ago. But i don't know the story.

Shin Hye looks at them and looks away again. Joon Ki walks away and sits down. Yong Hwa sits beside Shin Hye who was sitting beside Min.

Joon Ki stares at his phone. Exactly at 5:30 he got a heart attack even though he doesn't have any disease. Everyone shouts and walks away from Joon Ki. They stared at him with fear. Ki Bum called the teachers. Joon Ki lies on the floor, dead. Everyone panicked. Min got goosebumps again. "Its the Death call.. I knew it!" Hong Ki looked at Min and hugged her because she was so scared. Shin Hye was just staring at everyone but she was also scared. Yong Hwa looks at her and pats her back. 

Shin Hye: The Death Call..

Yong Hwa: What?

Shin Hye: Its the Death call.

Yong Hwa: What's a Death call?

Shin Hye: When someone calls you with a red number and you answer it you will die. But they said if you forward it to someone they will die but they cannot forward it again once you forward it to them. Someone called Joon Ki a while ago. He said that the number was red and the call was made on 5:30. He died exactly on 5:30. Don't you think its the Death call?

Yong Hwa: But Shin Hye, its just a rumor.

One of the teachers tried to sense his pulse. But Joon Ki has no pulse. The teachers sent him to the hospital but he was already dead. The doctor said that he ate some kind of medicine. The teachers called Joon Ki's parents and his parents came running and crying. 

When the teachers came back they asked who gave Joon Ki a medicine. No one answered. 

Hae Ri: This must be the Death Call.

Teacher: What? That's nonsense!

Min: Sir! I think Hae Ri's right. He told us about the call. Someone called him and he saw that the number was color red. After he picked it up it says that he received the call 5:30 but he received it around 4:00! Isn't that weird? And he died exactly 5:30!

Teacher: It must have been a coincedence. Everyone. Go home. 

Min looks down and pouts. Hong Ki nods and they went home. Shin Hye was fixing her things when she felt someone walk behind her. When she looked behind, no one was there. She got scared. She continues fixing her things when suddenly someone held her shoulder. She shouts and looks behind her and it was Yong Hwa. Yong Hwa smiles and walks with her.

-End-