Scary Movie: Infinite Style

Jelly Beans

"So they aren't really your grandparents?" Yeong Hwa asked, looking over her shoulder for the umpteenth time, despite no longer being able to see the Park residence.

 

"Nope. My grandparents don't live in Seoul, though, so we don't get to see them often. Du-Ho and Hea Woo don't mind pretending to be our grandparents, though, since they don't have any grandchildren of their own," Myung Soo explained, absentmindedly playing with his phone charm as he walked beside Yeong Hwa. "The twins like them a lot, too, so really it's a win-win situation," he added, stealing a glance at Yeong Hwa as he tried to warm her up for the big question he had been wanting to ask for awhile now.

 

"Must be nice," Yeong Hwa mumbled, sadness flashing across her face for a moment before she quickly banished it. "My dad was never on close terms with his parents, and my mother's parents cut off all ties with us once she died. I think they kind of blamed us for her death, even though we weren't there at the time," she explained, clasping her hands behind her neck and turning her head back to look up at the pale blue sky. Surprised that she was opening herself up so much, Myung Soo remained silent in an attempt to encourage more information out of her. After all, he knew very little about Yeong Hwa's personal life.

 

"They never found her killer, so I guess we were the easiest people to blame," Yeong Hwa sighed, shrugging her shoulders in an attempt to brush off the painful memories. "I was only five at the time, but I can still remember them yelling at my dad. That's actually the only memory of them I have."

 

"Her... killer? You mean your mother was murdered?" Myung Soo cautiously broached, keeping his head facing firmly forward so as not to make eye contact with Yeong Hwa. Glancing over at him, Yeong Hwa quietly nodded her head. "I'm... sorry," Myung Soo mumbled, unsure of what else to say. He had hardly expected to get such a detailed explanation about her background at this moment.

 

"What, are you the one who killed her?!" Yeong Hwa demanded, pretending to be angry with Myung Soo. Startled, he quickly opened his mouth and turned to explain further to her, but his voice caught in his throat when he saw the broad grin on Yeong Hwa's face. Laughing, she grabbed onto his arm and buried her face in it, her shoulders trembling with how hard she was laughing. Embarrassed, Myung Soo used his free hand to rub at the back of his neck.

 

Finally Yeong Hwa came up for air, tilting her head back so that she could smile mischievously up at Myung Soo. "You should have seen your face," she giggled, reaching up to pat him on the head. When she couldn't reach, Yeong Hwa pouted slightly and stood on the very tips of toes, barely managing to brush the top of his head. Smirking down at her, Myung Soo ruffled her hair with little effort.

 

"Anyway," Yeong Hwa complained, trying to pat her hair back into place. "Yeah, my mom was murdered. She was in one of the check out lines at the grocery store when a guy wearing a ski mask came inside with a gun and began holding up the cashier. My mom... she was a very brave person. She would always defend others, and she was kind of a hero around our neighborhood. Which is why nobody was surprised to hear about her death. Everyone figured she would go out in some big way like that," Yeong Hwa explained, her voice filled with pride as she spoke about her mother. Myung Soo could tell that she really did admire the woman, even though the extent of what she knew must have come from stories.

 

"Like... what?" Myung Soo asked, unable to stop his curiosity.

 

"She broke a watermelon over his head," Yeong Hwa replied matter-of-factly, grinning proudly as she reenacted the scene.

 

"Like mother like daughter," Myung Soo thought, rolling his eyes slightly at the thought of Yeong Hwa's mother. The woman really must have been something, and now she was mirrored in her daughter. Like a little clone.

 

"The guy must have had a head like a rock, though, because he recovered himself real fast and shot her with the gun..." Yeong Hwa's voice trailed off for a moment as the memories turned painful. Quietly, Myung Soo reached over and squeezed Yeong Hwa's hand. Rather than hitting him, which Myung Soo had expected, Yeong Hwa squeezed his hand back and smiled gratefully up at him. "That wasn't the end of my mom, though! She got out some of her apples and began throwing them at the guy, scaring him off and sending him running. When she went to chase him, she slipped on a puddle of her blood and cracked her head on the edge of the counter. That's what ended up killing her," Yeong Hwa sighed, smiling slightly as pride once more filled her voice.

 

"She died not from a bullet, but from falling?" Myung Soo asked incredulously, beginning to think that Yeong Hwa was trying to pull a fast one on him.

 

"Well the bullet would have killed her, since medical care didn't come until too late, but the fall got to her first," Yeong Hwa admitted, sounding a little disappointed about having to correct herself. "Still, she's my biggest hero. I guess I've always wanted to be like my mom, so I tried to always be brave and do what I can to help others. Then again, living like that ended up turning me into public enemy number one at school... I guess I still have a long ways to go before I'm like my mom," she sighed regretfully.

 

Frowning slightly, Myung Soo glanced over at Yeong Hwa, still unable to bring himself to make eye contact with her. "If I ever get the chance, though, I want to go out like her too," Yeong Hwa suddenly declared, gently removing her hand from Myung Soo's grasp. Shocked, Myung Soo choked slightly on the words he had been about to say. Tilting her head slightly to the side Yeong Hwa turned to make sure Myung Soo was okay.

 

"You mean you want to get killed?!" He demanded, reaching over and grabbing Yeong Hwa's shoulders. Surprised that he was so worked up about this, Yeong Hwa nodded her head cautiously. "Yeong Hwa! Do you have any idea how-" Myung Soo cut himself off, not wanting to say the getting yourself killed like that was stupid. After all, Yeong Hwa's mother had done it and probably saved that cashier from being both robbed and murdered... but just imagining Yeong Hwa dead was hard... what if one day he were to be reading the paper and find an article about how she had died? Just because she wanted to be some sort of a hero!

 

"There are plenty of things you can do while you're alive. You don't have to die in order to be a hero," he decided on, dead serious as he looked into Yeong Hwa's eyes. For a second the two stood silently like that, both waiting for the other to say something. Yeong Hwa was the first to break. Laughing reluctantly, she brushed off Myung Soo's hands and continued walking down the sidewalk. "Yeong Hwa, I'm serious. Looking to get yourself killed isn't-"

 

"Myung Soo! I'm not looking to get myself killed!" Yeong Hwa laughed, turning around and walking backwards so that she could talk with him. "And why are you so worried about it? I know you're supposed to be my hero and all, but don't you think that's just a little over the top?" she giggled, narrowing her eyes and pointing a playfully accusing finger at Myung Soo. Stung slightly, he chose to remain quiet. Slipping his hands into his pocket, Myung Soo jogged forward and caught up with Yeong Hwa, matching her pace.

 

He would admit that he was a little too protective of Yeong Hwa, but he honestly didn't want to even begin to think about her lying cold in the ground because of stupid belief that dying was the way to become a hero. Because that is exactly the kind of idea Yeong Hwa would get in her head. As the only voice of reason this girl had, Myung Soo felt it to be his responsibility to teach her that there were better ways to spend your time than looking for ways to become a martyr.

 

Of course he should have also given her the benefit of the doubt. Although Yeong Hwa tended to act off of her impulses, never really thinking about the consequences of her actions, she wasn't so stupid as to think of getting herself killed. He hoped.

 

"Please, God, keep a close eye on this girl," Myung Soo thought, his eyes flickering up to the sky.

 

"So didn't you say there was something you wanted to ask me?" Yeong Hwa suddenly asked, waving a hand in front of Myung Soo's face. "Once we had dropped off the twins and everything," she added, practically quoting what he had said earlier.

 

"Yeah... Um, you see Yeong Hwa..."

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/Kerenssa/Cloud.pnghttp://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/Kerenssa/Cloud.pnghttp://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/Kerenssa/Cloud.pnghttp://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/Kerenssa/Cloud.pnghttp://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/Kerenssa/Cloud.pnghttp://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/Kerenssa/Cloud.pnghttp://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/Kerenssa/Cloud.pnghttp://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/Kerenssa/Cloud.pnghttp://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/Kerenssa/Cloud.pnghttp://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/Kerenssa/Cloud.pnghttp://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/Kerenssa/Cloud.pnghttp://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/Kerenssa/Cloud.pnghttp://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa301/Kerenssa/Cloud.png

"I hate you," Yeong Hwa proclaimed as she sulked beside Myung Soo while the two waited for the line to move forward. This was the fifth time she had declared her hatred towards him, in one form or another, and Myung Soo was beginning to grow tired of it. "I mean, are you just trying to get me to run away? I hate horror movies!" Yeong Hwa continued complaining, jabbing one finger in the direction of the list of movies currently playing. Three of the time slots were filled with the title of the latest horror movie, which promised to be so terrifying that the entire theater would be screaming.

 

It was exactly the kind of movie that Myung Soo loved, but Yeong Hwa hated. Which he had known after their encounter with a "demon", but had still bothered asking her to join him. After all, wasn't this exactly the kind of date a couple would go on? And yes, he was sneakily trying to take Yeong Hwa out on a date. If he just came out and said that he wanted to go out with her she would either A) hate him, B) kill him, or C) all of the above. Frankly, this seemed like the better plan.

 

"Come on, Yeong Hwa. With the twins out of the house this is the perfect opportunity to catch a movie," Myung Soo insisted, nudging her ahead as the line move forward. They were only two more people away from buying their tickets.

 

"I don't want to catch a movie," Yeong Hwa continued complaining, suddenly beginning to walk away. "What if we get seen by someone from school?" she insisted, coming to a sudden halt as Myung Soo grabbed the back of her shirt and reeled her back in. Draping one arm over her shoulders to keep her from escaping again, Myung Soo tugged her forward as another satisfied customer left with their ticket.

 

"Don't worry, it's a Saturday afternoon. Everyone from school will be fast asleep after partying all of Friday night," Myung Soo assured her, although he wasn't entirely sure of his own reasoning.

 

"I don't know, I mean there are always those few weird people who actually go to sleep on Friday and then-"

 

"L! Is that you?!" A voice suddenly called out from behind them, accompanied by a chorus of others. Cautiously glancing over her shoulder, Yeong Hwa tensed noticeably and quickly snapped her head back forward. Taking the hint, Myung Soo slipped his hand away from her shoulders and also tried to ignore the people calling his name. He couldn't know for sure, but he had a pretty good idea about who it was. "L! Hey L! You here to see that new horror movie?" Sung Yeol asked, coming up beside Myung Soo and wrapping an arm tightly around Myung Soo's neck.

 

"I rest my case," Yeong Hwa muttered, bowing her head and trying to use her bangs to cover her face. Even just this little movement managed to catch the attention of Infinite, though, and the descended on her like vultures. Panicking, Yeong Hwa turned sharply on her heels and attempted to make a break for the door, but was intercepted by Dong Woo as he suddenly loomed in her way. Colliding with his chest, Yeong Hwa stumbled backwards and into the awaiting arms of Sung Gyu.

 

"Sorry about that. Are you alright?" He asked, helping Yeong Hwa regain her balance. Nodding nervously, she bowed her head and tried to find a break in the feet that now surrounded her. "Are you sure? If Dong Woo hurt you, then-"

 

"I'm fine," Yeong Hwa squeaked, her voice rising several octaves as she stole a glance up at Sung Gyu. Behind him she could see Myung Soo struggling against Sung Yeol's grip, his eyes constantly flickering to her in concern. At least now he could see how stupid he had been in thinking they could see a movie in peace.

 

"Hey, L, is this that the babysitter who keeps disappearing every time I come looking for her?" Dong Woo asked, standing beside Yeong Hwa and trying to catch a peek at her face. Barely able to avoid his gaze without being too obvious about it, Yeong Hwa eventually gave up and just turned her back on him. "She's pretty shy, isn't she?" he laughed, patting Yeong Hwa on the head. Stiffening, she resisted the dire need to hit Dong Woo so hard that his brains rattled. That would definitely give her away.

 

"So what's your name? Do you go to Woollim High? Maybe we know you," Dong Woo suddenly began asking, peppering her with questions that, under normal circumstances, wouldn't have been difficult. Now, at this very moment, though, Yeong Hwa could begin to feel her brain fry as it tried to think of enough excuses to satisfy Infinite.

 

"Dong Woo-hyung, you stupid Kenyan! Can't you see that she's not feeling well?" another voice suddenly intercepted on Yeong Hwa's behalf as someone pulled her protectively behind them. Surprised, Yeong Hwa looked up to see the familiar back of Sung Jong. Suddenly she was extremely grateful that she had let him in on this whole ordeal from the outset, thus earning herself another ally amongst the enemy ranks.

 

"Yah, Sung Jongie! You shouldn't speak to your hyungs like that!" Sung Gyu scolded, though it fell on deaf ears. Ignoring Sung Gyu, Sung Jong turned to Yeong Hwa and gave her a quick wink before pulling out a white medical mask and handing it to her.

 

"Here, I have an extra you can use. Can't have us spreading around our colds, can we?" Sung Jong told her as Yeong Hwa quickly accepted the mask and slipped it over her face. It wasn't much of a disguise, but Yeong Hwa was confident that the Infinite members she needed to trick were thick enough for it to work.

 

"Thank you, Sung Jong," Yeong Hwa whispered, bowing slightly to him. Before Sung Jong could reply, Woo Hyun had pulled him away and draped one arm over the maknae's shoulders, pulling him into a headlock. Crying out in protest, Sung Jong tried to break free of his hyungs grip as Woo Hyun began messing with his hair.

 

"You can't be hitting on L's girl, Sung Jongie!" Woo Hyun scolded playfully, finally letting go of Sung Jong as the younger boy began to drag him down to the floor. 

 

"Next!" The ticketeer announced, tapping her manicured nails impatiently on the ticket counter. Snapping to attention, all of the Infinite members, plus Yeong Hwa, approached the counter and began buying their tickets. "You're all together?" The woman asked, unable to help blushing as the attention of seven good looking boys was focused on her. Well, six. Myung Soo was busy trying to subtly press through the others in order to reach Yeong Hwa, who had ended up on the opposite side of their small crowd.

 

"Yes," several of the members chorused. Once the seats were chosen, by Hoya, and the tickets paid for, by a very annoyed Myung Soo, all eight people made their way into the movie theater. But not until after Yeong Hwa had a short conversation with the ticketeer about who in Infinite was single and if she knew any of their phone numbers. Unfortunately, Yeong Hwa was unsure on both counts, and had to leave a very sullen ticketeer behind.

 

The next stop was the snack counter, a must when seven teenage boys got together. Yeong Hwa stood awkwardly off to the side while trying desperately to pretend that she didn't know the boys who were currently trying to buy out the movie theater's entire stock. Sighing, she played with a discarded straw wrapped, blowing into it despondently. Since when had her risky trip with Myung Soo turned into a full blown war zone in which she could step on a land mine at any second?

 

"Hey, babysitter, you want something?" Dong Woo asked suddenly, tapping Yeong Hwa on the shoulder. Jumping, she quickly turned and shook her head violently. "You sure? If you don't have any money I'm sure your boyfriend wouldn't mind paying," Dong Woo insisted, gesturing with his bottled soda towards Myung Soo.

 

"We're not dating," Myung Soo and Yeong Hwa responded in total sync. Embarrassed, Yeong Hwa caught Myung Soo's eye for a second and noticed that he was blushing slightly. "Well that's sure to convince them," Yeong Hwa thought sarcastically, resisting the urge to face palm.

 

"Sure you're not," Sung Yeol agreed sarcastically, smirking playfully at Myung Soo as he clapped him over the back. Grunting, Myung Soo swung his fist in Sung Yeol's direction, though the older boy easily danced out of his way. Sighing, Myung Soo glanced apologetically at Yeong Hwa and mouthed a quick sorry to her.

 

Forcing herself to smile bravely, Yeong Hwa shrugged her shoulders forgivingly and went back to playing with the straw wrapper. Her peace didn't last for long, though, when yet another member of Infinite approached her. Leaning against the counter beside her, Sung Jong held out a juice bottle to Yeong Hwa. Recognizing it as the same brand that Myung Soo had bought for her and the twins on their photo adventure, Yeong Hwa begrudgingly accepted the drink and mumbled a short thank you to Sung Jong.

 

"L-hyung asked me to give it to you," Sung Jong informed her, nodding in Myung Soo's general direction. Peeking over Sung Jong's shoulder, Yeong Hwa just caught Myung Soo watching her before he turned his head away when his face started burning up. Smiling softly, Yeong Hwa bowed her own head and tried to avoid thinking about her own blushing cheeks. "Actually, you call him Myung Soo, don't you?" Sung Jong corrected, sounding a little selfconcious about referring to his hyung in such an informal way.

 

"Yeah... speaking of which, why don't you guys? You are his friends, right?" Yeong Hwa asked curiously as a sudden fight broke out between Dong Woo and Sung Yeol over the last box of chocolate covered raisins.

 

"Well, I'm his donsaeng," Sung Jong corrected, glancing over his shoulder and rolling his eyes at his hyungs display of immaturity, "but I guess the nickname L just kind of stuck with him. Since we use it all the time at school," he explained, turning back to Yeong Hwa and smiling at her.

 

"Huh. He gets annoyed when I call him L," she complained, ripping the straw wrapper in half. Chuckling, Sung Jong rested a hand on Yeong Hwa's shoulder and gave it a quick squeeze.

 

"Don't worry. L-hyung can be kind of temperamental sometimes. I'm sure it makes total sense to him, so he doesn't understand when the rest of us have been left in the dark," Sung Jong assured her. Nodding, Yeong Hwa stretched her arms out above her head and followed Infinite as they headed towards theater 6, her juice bottle kept tightly in her hands.

 

When they noticed that Yeong Hwa had caught up with them, Dong Woo and Woo Hyun quickly crowded out Sung Jong and sandwiched Yeong Hwa between the two of them. Grinning at her so broadly that his gums showed, Dong Woo rested one hand on Yeong Hwa's left shoulder while Woo Hyun took her right.

 

"So you never told us your name," Woo Hyun pointed out, the unspoken question hanging heavily in the air. Nervously thinking of a name, Yeong Hwa latched onto her earlier conversation with Myung Soo.

 

"Cho Cha. Song Cho Cha," she said, using her mother's maiden name. Carefully avoiding Woo Hyun's gaze, in case he could tell that she was lying, Yeong Hwa tried to hurry ahead and join Myung Soo, who was occupied in a conversation with Sung Yeol. Dong Woo and Woo Hyun kept a tight grip on her, though, stopping Yeong Hwa short. Frowning beneath the mask, Yeong Hwa burrowed holes into Myung Soo's back with her eyes as she silently willed him to turn around and notice her plight.

 

"Cho Cha... how old are you?" Dong Woo asked, jumping on the questioning band wagon as he nudged Sung Jong away when he tried to come and rescue Yeong Hwa from the hyungs. "I'm eighteen, and so is Woo Hyun," Dong Woo added, pointing first to himself and then to Yeong Hwa's second captor. Nodding in agreement with this statement, Woo Hyun glanced back at Sung Jong with an annoyed "back off" look. Subdued, Sung Jong instead hurried past his hyungs to try and recruit Myung Soo in his rescue mission.

 

"S-seventeen," Yeong Hwa mumbled, keeping her head bowed as she nervously twisted her promise ring around her finger, the purple plastic tugging uncomfortably on her skin as the snug fit prevented it from properly turning. "I'm in the eleventh grade," she added, hoping to stop the flow of questions before they got too personal and she ended up letting something slip.

 

"So that would make us your oppas!" Woo Hyun proclaimed proudly, grinning at Yeong Hwa as he tried to position himself in front of her face. Slowly dipping her head lower, Yeong Hwa was nearly totally upside down by the time Woo Hyun was pulled away from her by a pair of strong arms, which then reached out and pulled Yeong Hwa protectively to their owner's side. Glancing up, Yeong Hwa caught a glimpse of Myung Soo's face as he told Dong Woo and Woo Hyun off. Blushing at the suddenness of her rescue, Yeong Hwa bowed her head and tried to not think too much about how close she was to Myung Soo.

 

"Sorry about that... Cho Cha. They aren't normally like this," Myung Soo apologized, sighing heavily as he thought about the way the others had been treating Yeong Hwa.

 

"It's like they've never seen a girl before," Sung Jong agreed as he came up beside Yeong Hwa. Frowning at his donsaeng, Myung Soo tightened his grip on Yeong Hwa, pulling her in more closely against him. She was extremely grateful for the mask Sung Jong had given her, as it covered up most of her blush as well as muffled the panicked squeak she let out. "Or at least not one as pretty as you," Sung Jong amended, winking none-too-subtly at Yeong Hwa and then glancing up to catch Myung Soo's reaction.

 

"Knock it off, Sung Jong," Myung Soo complained, bringing Yeong Hwa around to the front of him and resting his hands on her back as he pushed her ahead of him. Chuckling quietly to himself, Sung Jong followed behind the two, immensely enjoying teasing his hyung.

 

"Oh come on, L-hyung! You've got to admit that you got lucky when she became your babysitter," Sung Jong continued pestering, nudging Myung Soo suggestively when he caught with him. Rolling his eyes as they reached the door to the theater, Myung Soo bowed slightly to Sung Gyu, who was holding the door for the others, before rushing Yeong Hwa inside to try and escape the constant pestering of his donsaeng.

 

Following Hoya and Sung Yeol up to their seats, Myung Soo kept a close eye on Yeong Hwa to make sure none of the members tried to make a move on her. Which was a thankful thing, because as soon as he had taken his seat beside Sung Yeol, and Yeong Hwa beside him, Dong Woo came sprinting up the stairs, just barely missing colliding with Sung Jong, and tried to take the seat beside Yeong Hwa. Tensing up, Myung Soo was about to tell him when Sung Jong came and used his thin frame to easily slip past Dong Woo and into the seat beside Yeong Hwa.

 

"Oh come on, Sung Jong!" Dong Woo complained, crossing his arms over his chest to try and intimidate Sung Jong out of his seat. The maknae simply ignored him, though, and opened Yeong Hwa's juice bottle for her when she showed signs of difficulty. Smiling gratefully, Yeong Hwa took a sip of the juice and then, remembering her manners, turned to Myung Soo.

 

"Thanks for buying this for me," she told him, managing a small, nervous smile. If she was nervous, though, Myung Soo was panicking as he tried to not blush or say something stupid in response. Stammering slightly, Myung Soo let out a trail of nonsense words before suddenly regaining control of his mouth.

 

"Don't thank me. It's coming out of your paycheck," he told her stiffly, avoiding looking directly at Yeong Hwa. Instantly her smile turned into a frown as she turned away from Myung Soo and slouched in her seat, staring sullenly at the advertisements that were playing. "Stupid, stupid, stupid! Why does my brain default to that when I get nervous?!" Myung Soo thought, covering his face with his hand and gently pounding his fist onto the armrest between him and Sung Yeol.

 

"Everything alright, L?" Sung Yeol asked, glancing over at his friend with concern.

 

"Yeah. Great. Wonderful. Couldn't be better," Myung Soo assured him sarcastically, keeping his hand over his face. Nodding slowly, Sung Yeol took the hint and turned to Hoya instead, but the guy had already zoned out and was staring blankly at the advertisements. Sighing, Sung Yeol sunk down lower in his seat and sulked about having gotten stuck between these two.

 

"Sung Jong, please switch seats with me?" Dong Woo pleaded, clasping his hands and begging the maknae, who pointedly ignored him. "Sung Jong! Come on!" he continued begging, gently shaking Sung Jong's shoulder. Sighing, Sung Jong rounded on his hyung with a flip of his hair and rested his hands on his hips as best he could while sitting.

 

"Why are you so desperate to sit next to Yeong- Cho Cha- when you already have a girlfriend?!" he demanded accusingly, waving one hand in the air. Catching this, Myung Soo leaned across Yeong Hwa, much to her annoyance, in order to try and get involved in the conversation.

 

"You have a girlfriend, hyung?" Myung Soo asked, standing firm and ignoring Yeong Hwa as she tried to push him off her. Sheepishly, Dong Woo nodded his head. "Since when?!" Myung Soo exclaimed, trying to sound like he hadn't already known after having seen Dong Woo and this mystery girl at the Chilseok festival.

 

"Since you wouldn't go out with her, blondie," Woo Hyun teased, leaning in to also join the conversation. Selfconciously Myung Soo reached up and touched his hair, which still showed signs of the horror Infinite had inflicted upon it. "Cheong Ae was furious about you standing her up and ended up forcing Dong Woo into taking her out on a date. Somehow they managed to fall for each other, though how that witch could ever impress someone is- OW!" Woo Hyun yelped as Dong Woo smacked him on the arm.

 

"But isn't Cheong Ae you're ex?" Myung Soo asked, raising his eyebrows at Woo Hyun as he nursed his 'injured' arm. Glancing up, Woo Hyun nodded sheepishly. "So how is that working out?"

 

"I just avoid her at all costs," Woo Hyun answered honestly, not even needing time to think about it.

 

"Woo Hyun-hyung once hid beneath a table at the coffee shop in order to avoid her when she came on a surprise visit to see Dong Woo," Sung Jong offered brightly, drawing out a laugh from both Myung Soo and Yeong Hwa. "And another time he- mmph," Sung Jong was abruptly cut off as Woo Hyun reached over and wrapped one hand around his mouth, his face showing just how embarrassed by the maknae's story he was.

 

"That's enough Sung Jong... oh! The movie is starting!" Woo Hyun exclaimed, pointing to the screen as he quickly settled down into his seat. Following suit, Myung Soo sat down and began shifting around his his seat, trying to get comfortable, while the previews started. Frowning, Yeong Hwa reached over and lightly cuffed him over the arm to get him to shut up. Nodding apologetically he found a comfortable position and managed to sit still. Although Yeong Hwa couldn't say she was too happy about this either.

 

Frowning over at Myung Soo she pushed his arm off the armrest between the two of them as he leaned over the seat towards her. "Can't you just sit normally?" she accused quietly, keeping her voice at barely a whisper so as not to disturb the other movie watchers. Glancing over at her, Myung Soo took a quick stock of Yeong Hwa's position and then quietly rolled his eyes. Suddenly selfconcious about having her knees clutched to her chest, in case the movie got too scary, Yeong Hwa dropped her legs quietly off the edge of the chair and stat rigidly straight.

 

"If you get scared-"

 

"I won't get scared," Yeong Hwa hissed, not looking at Myung Soo as she cut him off.

 

"Okay... but if any demon cats show up-"

 

"L! Shut up!" Sung Yeol complained from the other side of him, lightly swatting Myung Soo's bare arm. Regretting having worn a sleeveless shirt today, Myung Soo rubbed at his arm and leaned away from Sung Yeol, which unfortunately placed him closer to Yeong Hwa. She seemed to understand the situation, though, and so didn't comment when he rested his arm on the arm rest once more. Instead, she unscrewed the lid of her juice and guzzled down a long swallow after carefully moving the mask away from .

 

The first twenty minutes of the movie were peaceful enough as they began to set the scene. The protagonist, a high school female, had suddenly found herself lost in a forest after she wandered off the path during a school trip. Now she had come across an abandoned hospital. As she watched, Yeong Hwa silently urged the girl not to go inside the building, having seen enough horror movies to know that this was not going to be the good kind of abandoned hospital.

 

As the girl went inside Yeong Hwa began to fidget in her seat, nervously watching the screen as she clasped her hands tightly in her lap. Taking note of this, Sung Jong glanced over at Myung Soo to see if he planned on doing anything about it. The oblivious hyung was too involved in the movie to pay any attention to his damsel in distress. Sighing under his breath, Sung Jong reached over and gave Yeong Hwa's arm a quick, reassuring squeeze.

 

Jumping slightly at his touch, Yeong Hwa's breath caught in as she turned to see just what was touching her. Quickly pulling his hand away, Sung Jong held his hands up innocently and smiled assuringly at her. Nodding, she returned the gesture and then went back to intently focusing her gaze on the movie screen. Breathing shallowly, Yeong Hwa drew her knees up to her chest as the protagonist entered a darkened hallway and the music became more violent and rapid.

 

Burying her face in her knees, Yeong Hwa could feel her own heart pounding painfully against her ribs as the music came to an abrupt halt. With only the pounding of her heart to fill the silence, Yeong Hwa found herself shivering fearfully as she waited for the inevitable scream of the protagonist as something got to her.

 

Noticing that Myung Soo was still ignoring her, Sung Jong decided to take matters into his own hands. After bumming a few candies off of Woo Hyun, which took a few tries as this hyung was also fully engrossed in the movie, Sung Jong tossed the candies at Myung Soo's head. Smirking as they hit their target, Sung Jong quickly faced forward as Myung Soo turned to see who was causing the mischief and consequently saw his damsel in distress. "Yeong Hwa?" he whispered, gently resting one hand on her back. She was shaking pretty hard.

 

"Hey, it's okay. Nothing happened," he said, rubbing her back awkwardly. Slowly Yeong Hwa poked her head out and swallowed hard, nodding tensely as she returned to watching the movie. Satisfied, Myung Soo followed suit, occasionally glancing over at Yeong Hwa to make sure she was doing alright.

 

As the movie continued the protagonist came across several more frightening scenes, during which Myung Soo would have to coax Yeong Hwa back out from her hiding. By the time another twenty minutes had passed, Yeong Hwa was seriously thinking of just leaving the theater. The lighting and music made it difficult for her to watch the movie, and the constant shuffling of those sitting in the row behind did nothing more than set Yeong Hwa's nerves further on edge as she imagined every sort of demon moving around behind her.

 

Holding tightly to the armrests on either side of her, Yeong Hwa watched with baited breath as the protagonist made her way down a surprisingly lit and well-maintained corridor. Feeling that she could begin to breathe easily, as the movie was well past the halfway mark, Yeong Hwa slowly stretched out her legs, her eyes never leaving the movie screen.

 

Then the lights began to flicker. In the light the hall looked peaceful enough, but when it flashed to darkness you could see dark red eyes and black as night hands following the girl as she nervously a flashlight. Swallowing hard and clenching her teeth, Yeong Hwa sunk slowly into her seat as her heart began racing again. The music began increasing in speed, the lights matching its time, and the protagonist started running. Urging her on with every step, Yeong Hwa tightly clamped both hands around and watched as a shadow began to follow the protagonist.

 

By the time the girl reached an unlocked door Yeong Hwa was barely able to watch through her fingers. Panting, the protagonist locked the door behind her and fumbled along the walls for a light switch, as she had dropped her flashlight in the hallway. As her questing fingers found their prize and the lights, a shadow reared up behind the protagonist. Screams filled the movie theater as razor sharp claws slashed down at the girl, and a splash of blood appeared on the white washed wall. While all the boys had joined in on the screaming, with even Myung Soo jumping, Yeong Hwa could only watch in open mouthed horror as the demon mutilated its victims body, the girls screams joining those of the viewers.

 

Five minutes later it was all over.

 

Shakily Yeong Hwa rose from her seat and followed the boys out of the theater, with Sung Jong's assistance on the stairs after she stumbled a few times. When they stepped out into the main area, flooded by daylight coming from the glass doors, Yeong Hwa practically got down on her knees and praised God right then and there that the movie was finally over. She managed to contain herself, though, and stood awkwardly on the side as Infinite socialized amongst themselves.

 

"We have to go get the twins," Myung Soo finally announced as he managed to make a clean break from the other boys. Begrudgingly they let him go, though not after several of the members offered to walk Yeong Hwa home. Woo Hyun asked twice.

 

"We should all catch another movie sometime! Except not horror," Sung Yeol suggested, adding on the last part as he glanced over at Yeong Hwa. Although he couldn't see through the mask, Yeong Hwa still smiled gratefully at Sung Yeol. He seemed to be able to tell, and returned the smile before quickly looking away when Myung Soo moved closer to Yeong Hwa. Rolling her eyes at Myung Soo's need to protect her, Yeong Hwa took a step forward and bowed to all six of the boys.

 

"Thank you for joining us while watching the movie. It was... fun," she told them, smiling at each of them in turn.

 

"Except for the horror part?" Hoya asked, smiling knowingly at her.

 

"Well..." Yeong Hwa laughed, her voice trailing off as the other boys joined her.

 

"And there's no need to be so formal, Cho Cha. If you're 'friends' with L then you're friends with us," Sung Gyu informed her, annunciating the friends in such a way as to allude to a more intimate relationship. Sighing, Myung Soo tugged on Yeong Hwa's arm and headed towards the theater's exit. Waving goodbye to the members, Yeong Hwa shrugged off Myung Soo's grip as he held the door open for her and they went outside.

 

Quietly the two started down the sidewalk, walking past the parking lot, which had swelled up considerably since they first arrived, and heading towards Du-Ho and Hea Woo's home. "You still freaked out?" Myung Soo asked Yeong Hwa, glancing down at her as she tightly wrapped one arm around herself.

 

"N-no. Of c-course not," Yeong Hwa stammered, frowning defiantly up at Myung Soo. When she realized she was stuttering, she quickly thought up an excuse. "I'm just c-cold," she muttered, shivering as she remembered the girl's screaming.

 

"Uh-huh," Myung Soo grunted, rolling his eyes and reaching for Yeong Hwa's hand. As though she knew what he was trying to do, Yeong Hwa moved her hand out of the way just as Myung Soo went to take hold of it. Embarrassed at having failed, Myung Soo quickly retracted his hand and covered his mouth with it to try and disguise his blush.

 

"How about you?" Yeong Hwa asked, catching sight of this in the corner of her eye.

 

"Just need to cough," Myung Soo excused, managing a few half-hearted coughs. This time it was Yeong Hwa's turn to roll her eyes.

 

"You know, they really did mean it," Myung Soo spoke up after a few seconds silence, trying to change the subject. Glancing up at him, Yeong Hwa's eyebrows furrowed together in confusion. "When Sung Gyu said that you were their friend, he meant it. He wouldn't say something like that if he didn't mean it," Myung Soo clarified.

 

"I know. And they can be friends... with Cho Cha," Yeong Hwa sighed, a twinge of regret in her voice as she spoke. "I mean, we both know that as soon as school starts again everything is going to go back to the way it was. Even if they did want to be friends with me, after finding out who I was, they wouldn't," she continued, shrugging her shoulders helplessly.

 

When she spoke about everything going back to the way it was, Myung Soo felt a twinge of pain in his heart. He didn't want things to go back to the way they had been. Or at the very least, he wanted to know that he had done everything he could. "I need to tell her. I have to tell her... I can't just let things end like this. Even if she rejects me, I have to tell her," Myung Soo decided. "I could tell her now..." he thought, his body suddenly reaching out his arm and tapping Yeong Hwa on the shoulder.

 

"Yeah?" She asked, turning to face him.

 

"I love you!" "N-nothing," Myung Soo mumbled, his brain overheating at just the thought of saying something like that to Yeong Hwa's face. "Sorry," he added when she frowned at him. Rolling her eyes, Yeong Hwa picked up the pace and put some distance between herself and Myung Soo.

 

"I think that movie got you more freaked out than me. It's messing with your brain, Myung Soo!" she laughed, twirling her finger around her ear.

 

"Maybe," Myung Soo agreed, running one hand over his face as he tried to get his head back on straight.

 


Author's Note: MSN Onion IconI love you no rul sa rang he~ Hm... been awhile since I've updated. Guess I should get to work on that! *sits at computer* Hm? Last update was on the sixteenth? How long ago was- MSN Onion IconsWHAT?! Last week?! How on Earth did I let an entire week get away from me like that! Onion Emoticon Shoot. <--- My thoughts when I got on AFF today... sorry guys. I'll try to be more dilligent about my updates in the future. I do feel like this is one of my better updates, though. For one, it was really fun writing about all the Infinite members! :iconexcitedblushplz:(except Hoya was kind of under represented... I think he got, like, one line? And I might have even changed that... Sorry Hoya!) Expect to see them more in future chapters! For two, I've finally caught up to all my pre-planned chapters! Onion Icon

((and sorry for the super long A/N. I've noticed that they just keep getting longer and longer as time goes on, and I'm beginning to feel like my ego needs a major downsizing, haha))