A Photo Adventure

Jelly Beans

The digital clock resting on Myung Soo's bedside table illuminated the numbers twelve forty-five in the pm, but Yeong Hwa wasn't sure how accurate that was because the numbers were flashing, suggesting that the owner of the clock still needed to readjust the time since the last black out. Yeong Hwa was pretty sure it was still rather late in the afternoon, though, and she still needed to finish cleaning up this room. She wasn't even sure why she was stuck cleaning Myung Soo's room, anyway. The last time she had was when they had gone to the subway to perform for tips, because she had discovered Myung Soo's guitar, and he nearly blew a vein when he discovered she had been rummaging through his things.

 

Yet he was still slapping her on bedroom cleaning duty. Sure she wasn't alone in her pain, with Myung Soo taking care of the kitchen and the twins working on their individual rooms. THUMP. Or... at least playing semi-quietly inside of them. Which, if Yeong Hwa wasn't also blowing off cleaning duty, would quickly be remedied. As it was, though, she would feel guilty getting after Yoogeun for playing when all she was doing was sprawling out on Myung Soo's bed and staring out the window.

 

Beneath her she could hear the clatter of dishes and rushing of water as Myung Soo started on the dishes, something Yeong Hwa was eternally grateful for. Although she hadn't said anything about it, she was sure Myung Soo had noticed how disgusting she found cleaning dishes. Once wet, all the food looked like a regurgitated mess, and Yeong Hwa's own meals normally would attempt to leap out of and join the disgusting mess she had to clean. Just thinking about it made Yeong Hwa's stomach do somersaults.

 

Groaning, she curled up in a ball and diverted her train of thought onto a new track before she ended up hurling all over Myung Soo's bed, something she was pretty sure he wouldn't like.

 

"You figure out how much you have and then give me a call. We'll see what we can do,"

 

The business card Mr. Lee had given her weeks ago weighed heavily in Yeong Hwa's pocket, but even more heavily in her mind. The man was obviously willing to make a deal with her, meeting her halfway in regards to paying back her father's loan. Still, even with that willingness, the measly 23,000 won* she had in reserves was never going be enough for enough the smallest portion possible of the loan. Her father was always under the philosophy of "if you're going for it, go for it in a big way," and money was no different. She wouldn't be surprised if he took out a sum large enough to buy all of Seoul.

 

"Idiot," she thought, her ears pricking up as she heard someone coming up the stairs. Bolting upright, she flew out of the bed, got tangled in the blankets, and collapsed loudly on the floor. Cursing, she ignored the rapidly heating rug burn developing on her arms and quickly tried to disengage her feet from the tangle of blankets they were wrapped in. Outside, she could hear the footsteps getting closer to the bedroom door, which was unfortunately open.

 

Just as Yeong Hwa released her feet and jumped to her feet, throwing the blankets onto the bed with no amount of grace, Myung Soo appeared in the doorway. Leaning against the frame, he watched in amusement as Yeong Hwa tried to appear to be busy, smoothing out the blankets and plumping his pillows. Sighing, he stepped into the room and joined her beside the bed. Tensing up, Yeong Hwa put on her best poker face and avoided looking up at Myung Soo as he crossed to the other side of the bed and helped flatten out the blankets.

 

"Working hard?" Myung Soo casually asked, keeping his attention on making the bed.

 

"Y-yeah. And you? Not slacking off down there, are you?" Yeong Hwa countered, her voice more defensive than she had meant. Glancing up, Myung Soo caught her eye for half a second before Yeong Hwa suddenly dropped to the floor and began rummaging around under the bed. "Something fell," she mumbled, watching as Myung Soo's feet came around to her side of the bed.

 

Laying down beside her, Myung Soo lifted the blanket clear of the floor and peered through the darkness beneath his bed. "What did you lose?" he asked, his tone showing that he didn't believe she had lost anything at all. Frowning over at him, Yeong Hwa craned her head away and her arm further beneath the bed, her hand flopping around uselessly.

 

"A card," she finally sighed, withdrawing her arm and rubbing at her shoulder. "It fell out of my pocket while... um..."

 

"While you were attempting to fly?" Myung Soo chuckled, watching as Yeong Hwa's face turned red. "Don't worry about it. Not like my room's all that dirty anyway," he assured her, a tinge of pride in his voice as he began rummaging around under the bed for Yeong Hwa's card.

 

"This place is pristine. Especially when its compared to where I'm living," Yeong Hwa complained, remembering the pig sty that she used to call home. She and the word cleaning had never before belonged in the same sentence, and she still felt an adverse disinclination towards the task, but at least now she was capable of at least keeping a somewhat organized household. Becoming responsible for someone else's living quarters can do that to a person, although Yeong Hwa was pretty sure she would go back to her old ways the second she got home and was faced with the overwhelming mess she had left behind.

 

"Unless I don't go back. Maybe dad'll be back by then," Yeong Hwa thought optimistically, also reminding herself to keep searching for the card. If Myung Soo found out about it... actually, what concern of it was for Myung Soo? This was none of his business, so what would he care if she was still hanging on to a business card from the guy who cracked her over the head with an aluminum baseball bat? He had insisted she come and live with him, permanently, though. And Myung Soo was definitely keeping a closer eye on her since then.

 

Of course he would make a big deal about her entertaining the idea of contacting her attacker! He was stuck on this whole playing the hero idea! Groaning inwardly, Yeong Hwa renewed her search with an increase of vigor, even going so far as to nudge Myung Soo out of the way to prevent him from finding the business card.

 

Rather than a slip of paper, though, Yeong Hwa's questing fingers brushed against a plastic storage bin, about the size of your average shoebox. Curiously, Yeong Hwa wrapped her fingers around one edge of the box and slid it towards her. After a few more pulls, the corner of the lid was exposed and Yeong Hwa was able to pull the rest of the box out and into her lap. Beside her, Myung Soo sat up to see what she had discovered.

 

When he spotted it, the color ran out of his face and he instantly wrapped his hands around the plastic box and tried to rip it out of Yeong Hwa's grip. Now really curious, Yeong Hwa kept a tight grip on the box and curled up around it, forming a protective cocoon around the box and its contents. Muttering a few complaints, Myung Soo tried to pry Yeong Hwa away from her prize, but that was about as effective as trying to squish a giant fly with a Barbie's fly swatter. Just wasn't going to happen.

 

"Yeong Hwa, let go!" He insisted, switching tactics and beginning to tickle her side. Yeong Hwa in a deep breath and clamped down tightly on the laughter that was trying to burst outwards, though her shaking shoulders still gave her away. "Come on! You can't just go snooping through my stuff all the time!" Myung Soo complained, rolling her onto her back and once more attempting to pry her arms apart.

 

"You're the one who told me to clean this place up," Yeong Hwa argued, scootching away from Myung Soo while retaining a death grip on the box.

 

"And then you said that it was pristine! Therefore, cleaning times over!"

 

"In comparison to my place! That doesn't make your's clean!" As Yeong Hwa finished her sentence she managed to break free of Myung Soo's grip and made a bolt for his bathroom door. Swinging it shut behind her, Yeong Hwa flipped the lock and slid down the door to the ground, still holding the box tightly to her chest. On the other side she could hear Myung Soo let out a long-winded groan, then begin knocking firmly on the door.

 

"Occupied," Yeong Hwa sang, enjoying herself immensely as she began struggling to pop the top off the storage box. The white plastic was translucent, so she couldn't clearly see what was inside, though it looked like stacks of photos bound together by rubber bands. Another round of knocks vibrated the door and bounced Yeong Hwa off and on it like a trampoline, jostling her shoulders uncomfortably. "Oc-cu-pied!" Yeong Hwa repeated, annunciating clearly as she slid away from the door and propped herself up against the much more stable shower door.

 

"Nae Yeong Hwa open the door this instant!" Myung Soo demanded as she popped the top of his storage bin. After doing a small victory dance Yeong Hwa slid the lid beneath the box and carefully removed the first stack of photos from inside. Slipping off the rubber band, she snapped it on to her wrist for safe keeping and then flipped over the first photo.

 

This was the perfect opportunity to mess around with Myung Soo some more. Biting down hard on her lip to keep from laughing, Yeong Hwa took a moment to compose herself and think of what to say. Then, she gasped as loudly as she could, making herself slightly light headed. From the other side of the bathroom door, Myung Soo went deathly still.

 

"Myung Soo! What if the twins saw?!" She exclaimed, forcing as much horror and disgust into her voice as she possibly could. "They're only five! Their poor little minds might explode if they were to come across this!"

 

"... What?" Myung Soo asked cautiously, racking his brains to try and remember just what photos he had put in there. He had thought they were just a bunch of old landscapes, with the occasional still life, but he also could think of a few stacks he had once kept of him and past girlfriends. He had never taken anything provocative, though! Just the occasional kiss, rarely even on the lips!

 

"Are the twins within earshot?" Yeong Hwa asked, slowly moving through the photos that Myung Soo collected. On the backs of each were camera types, the time of day, season, and other information about the pictures. These definitely weren't the property of your casual tourist, but rather looked like they belonged in a portfolio. Which, with the quality these photos were, they did.

 

"No. Now tell me what is in that box, Yeong Hwa," Myung Soo ordered after a moment's pause. Yeong Hwa wondered if he had actually gone checking to see if the twins were listening in on their older counterparts argument.

 

"Your ," Yeong Hwa whispered, keeping her voice just loud enough for Myung Soo to hear her through the door.

 

Without missing a beat, "I don't have ." Rapping loudly on the door, Myung Soo also tried jimmying the door handle. Which didn't work, of course. He always made a point of keeping his things in good repair, a habit he was beginning to think of as a curse. "Now open the door and stop fooling around."

 

"Then explain these bare butts!" Yeong Hwa exclaimed, waving around a photo of a peach. In the right light, and with three pairs of sunglasses, she supposed that could look like someone in their birthday suit. Not that it mattered, because unless Myung Soo had x-ray vision there was no way he would be able to see the photo.

 

"Yeong Hwa, knock it off and open the door," Myung Soo groaned, resting his forehead against the wood of his bathroom door. He ought to get a key or something installed into this, on the off chance something like this happened again. Not that having your babysitter lock herself in your bathroom and claim to have discovered was necessarily a normal occurrence. More like something that happened every five blue moons, when all the planets were aligned and stars fell from the heavens.

 

"With all those requirements, I guess I got lucky," Myung Soo thought bitterly, rubbing his face nervously. Although he knew that it wasn't in the box, the true contents were just as embarrassing. Especially if Yeong Hwa figured out who the "talented" photographer behind the camera had been.

 

"Fine, fine, fine. But seriously, did you take all these pictures?" Yeong Hwa asked, moving on to the next stack labeled "flowers". She didn't picture Myung Soo as the type to take pictures of this sort, but then again she couldn't picture Myung Soo taking pictures of anything. He seemed more the type to... "Um..." Yeong Hwa thought, her mind drawing a blank when picturing Myung Soo in a career. She had never really given much thought to that sort of thing before.

 

Honestly, photography was just as crazy an idea as anything else she could come up with.

 

"No. Now give them back," Myung Soo grunted, turning and leaning against the door as he listening to Yeong Hwa continuing to rummage through the contents of his box. Didn't the girl know anything about privacy?!

 

"You shouldn't lie. On this one you signed your name," Yeong Hwa chided, coming across a photo of a beautiful golden flower that had Myung Soo's messy signature scrawled across the back, along with the various details of when and where it was taken, as well as the alignment of the stars on that particular day. Okay, maybe not that last part, but with as much detail as Myung Soo was putting on these things he might as well have had something as trivial as the stars alignment slapped on their too.

 

"Yeong Hwaaaaa," Myung Soo groaned, his voice growing desperate.

 

"You're a really good photographer! I don't know why you're so embarrassed!" she replied honestly, continuing to go through the pictures with growing interest. The older photos showed a lack of experience, such as that one of the gold flower that had been dated a few years back, but the newer ones showed a prodigy level of talent that Yeong Hwa could totally picture in a professional magazine.

 

"I'm not good, though. I lack any sort of talent," Myung Soo admitted, equally honestly. From the other side of the door he could hear Yeong Hwa still for a moment, and then the sudden rush of quickly putting the photos back in place started up. Hopefully that meant she had given up on prying into his business and they could enjoy the rest of the day without any sort of stressful interruptions. Sung Yeol had mentioned a new comedy show that seemed interesting. Maybe he could watch that later-

 

"Not good?!" Yeong Hwa exploded, bursting out of the bathroom. Startled by this sudden appearance, Myung Soo jumped backwards and let out a short, strangled cry. "What do you mean not good?! Have you never seen your own photos?!" she demanded, ing the box of photos out towards him. Shrugging his shoulders in what he hoped to be a casual manner, Myung Soo accepted the box and quickly kicked it under his bed. Frowning at this light treatment of what she deemed to be a genius's work, Yeong Hwa glanced disapprovingly between Myung Soo and the spot his box had disappeared under.

 

"What?" He grumbled defensively, stuffing his hands into his pockets and turning to leave.

 

"You could become a professional photographer, and you say you have no talent? Myung Soo, you have a god-given gift!" Yeong Hwa insisted, reaching out and wrapping one hand around his arm. He would have kept trying to go against her, but trying to break free of Yeong Hwa was like fighting against an anchor. When she was determined to be she could stick herself fast into the ground, making you go nowhere hastily. Sighing, he hung his shoulders low and turned to face Yeong Hwa with the best disgruntled face he could muster.

 

She remained unfazed, and instead kept one hand around his arm and the other placed disapprovingly on her hip. "It isn't that good," he grumbled, rubbing the back of his neck and rolling his eyes up towards the ceiling.

 

"Well okay, maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration, but you are really good!" Yeong Hwa amended, stomping her foot slightly. It was kind of cute.

 

"I'm not good enough. In order to sell landscape photography you have to be exceptionally talented, which I am not. Working with people is easier to get into, but I'm not good with portraits. The closest I'll ever get to a camera in a professional setting is by being a model, which shouldn't be too hard considering my good looks," Myung Soo explained, his voice remaining disinterested and monotone, as though he had gone over this a million times.

 

"Humble much?" Yeong Hwa mumbled, the corner of quirking up in a small smile. Shrugging his shoulders, Myung Soo mimicked her smile before trying to pull away from her grip. She wasn't done yet, though, and still remained anchored to the ground. "You've really done your research, though. You must have taken this seriously at one point or another," Yeong Hwa continued pushing.

 

"Well, yeah. Sophomore year they asked us to research a career, and I ended up looking up a bunch of stuff on photography," Myung Soo admitted, glancing critically at Yeong Hwa. "Didn't you?"

 

"I put "next leader of Yakuza"," she chuckled, grinning lopsidedly at Myung Soo. Rolling his eyes, he let out a puff of exasperated air. That sounded just like Yeong Hwa's type of humor. "You might remember how all the teachers avoided ticking me off for a few weeks, and that rumor about me having to see the school counselor was actually true. Those were a fun few weeks," Yeong Hwa laughed, reminiscing about the good old days. Now the worst thing that happened was the teachers harping on her about ignoring the dress code, and they certainly didn't foot around about that.

 

Unfortunately.

 

"Yeah, I remember that. Everyone was trying to guess what you had done. Dong Woo actually considered that you had killed off one of the janitors, which was why all the faculty was so worried," Myung Soo agreed, also remembering those eventful times. A lot of his memories involved Yeong Hwa, in fact, even though neither of them were capable of speaking civilly to one another at the time. He supposed it had to do with the both of them being so popular, although each in his or her own way. Eventually their paths would have to cross, and when they did sparks would fly.

 

Not the good, romantic kind of sparks where fireworks go off in the background and you hear bells ringing. The bad kind, that accompanies things like the electric chair or power plant explosions. He could still remember some of their more heated arguments, when the two of them were both fresh in their roles. Infinite vs Warrior Princess was quite the hot topic around the school that first year. Now they were a bit more cooled... well, in his and Yeong Hwa's case a lot more cooled and beginning to warm in a good way, but he was pretty sure the other members of Infinite still had their same opinions.

 

"We're getting off topic, though," Yeong Hwa suddenly said, snapping Myung Soo out of his thoughts. Blinking, he weakly tried to pull away from Yeong Hwa, quickly giving up when he realized that, although the conversation had laxed, Yeong Hwa's grip on him had not. "You, photographer. Why isn't it happening?" she demanded, instantly getting back to where they had left off.

 

"I told you. I don't stand a chance in this kind of field," Myung Soo complained, growing tired of this circular conversation.

 

"WHY?" Yeong Hwa annunciated, raising her voice. As though that was going to change his answer at all. "Why don't you stand a chance?" she repeated, painstakingly slowly.

 

"I don't have enough experience," Myung Soo explained, equally as slowly but with far less patience. Frowning thoughtfully, it only took Yeong Hwa a second to come up with what Myung Soo was sure would prove to be a "brilliant" plan.

 

"Then we just need to get you that experience. Do you have a camera?" Yeong Hwa asked, walking past Myung Soo and tugging on his arm so that he would follow her. Sighing, Myung Soo begrudgingly obliged. "Do you have-"

 

"Yes," Myung Soo interrupted before she could repeat herself. "In my room," he added, answering Yeong Hwa's next question before she could even ask it.

 

"Then go get it. We're going to do a photo shoot!" Yeong Hwa announced brightly, pointing back to his bedroom. Raising his eyebrows, Myung Soo made a show of looking around before his eyes finally landed once more on Yeong Hwa.

 

"With what model?" he asked.

 

"Me-"

 

"You'd break the camera."

 

Yeong Hwa frowned and gave Myung Soo's arm a quick, painful squeeze before pushing him back towards his bedroom. "And the twins," she finished, folding her arms over her torso. "Their cuteness ought to balance out my ugly mug," Yeong Hwa added sarcastically, rolling her eyes as she turned sharply on her heel and headed for Yoogeun's bedroom.

 

"We're going on an adventure!" She announced, turning slightly and waving Myung Soo towards his bedroom. Sighing heavily, Myung Soo obliged her and headed inside to grab his camera.

"You can't be serious..." Myung Soo groaned, leaning against a black railing as he watched Yeong Hwa, decked out in a purple flower print skirt and tucked in baggy gray t-shirt, pose awkwardly in front of a store front. Sighing, he bowed his head in defeat and tried not to pay attention to the staring passersby as Yeong Hwa suddenly struck a flamboyant, and what she probably supposed to be a "y", pose. Instantly her face colored and she ran a hand through her hair, which she had actually styled today, as the twins began laughing, being too young to know about tact.

 

"Yeong Hwa, this really isn't a good-"

 

"If it's so easy then you show me!" She snapped, stalking over to Myung Soo and taking the camera from his limp grasp. "You're the one who said he could be a model, anyways..." she grumbled under her breath, already turning the camera on as she did so. Sighing, Myung Soo vaulted over the fence with little effort and stood before the store front, ignoring the looks the four of them were getting from the passersby.

 

"Don't actually take my picture, though," Myung Soo warned. Nodding, Yeong Hwa obediently lowered the camera and eagerly watched Myung Soo, waiting for his demonstration. She was enjoying this whole thing waaaaay too much. Frowning, he quickly struck a simple pose before dissolving into embarrassment and scurrying his way back to his camera and the safety of the railing.

 

"You looked really cool, Oppa," Seo Hyeon assured him, smiling up at her big brother. Yeong Hwa and Yoogeun, on the other hand, were huddled together and making a show of sniggering at Myung Soo's performance. Embarrassed, Myung Soo reached over Yeong Hwa's shoulder and plucked the camera out of her hands. Glancing up, she smiled innocently and stood up after affectionately ruffling Yoogeun's hair.

 

"Your turn," Myung Soo smirked, pointing towards the store front. Slowly she made her way back to where she had earlier been standing. Awkwardly she folded her hands behind her back and managed a small, nervous smile with her tightly pressed lips. As Myung Soo lifted the camera up to snap a picture, Yeong Hwa propped her left foot up onto the sidewalk behind her in a last ditch effort to make the photo somewhat salvageable.

 

Slowly Myung Soo took in a deep breath and held it as his whole body went dead still. After a second's check to make sure all of Yeong Hwa was in the picture, Myung Soo carefully pressed down on the shutter. After that the camera did the rest of the work, sounding a short, digitalized clicking sound before the screen flashed to life and showed Yeong Hwa's picture on the display screen. After taking a quick look to make sure the photo had turned out alright, which miraculously it had, Myung Soo held the camera up to take another shot.

 

"What?! Another?!" Yeong Hwa complained, stopping halfway on her return trip to him and the twins. Nodding, Myung Soo waved her back a few steps. Obligingly, Yeong Hwa followed orders, her face a sour pout as she did so. Apparently the idea of being a model wasn't quite so appealing anymore.

 

Just as she was about to step up on the curb, Myung Soo took in a breath and held it as he steadied the camera and snapped another shot of Yeong Hwa. Startled, she quickly dropped her hand, having been fixing her hair, and glared at Myung Soo. "I wasn't ready!" She protested as Myung Soo turned his back on her and leaned against the railing so that he could more comfortably admire his handy work. Muttering a few expletives under her breath, Yeong Hwa hurried up behind Myung Soo and craned her neck over his shoulder to look at the pictures.

 

"I really am going to break the camera," she muttered under her breath, cringing away at the sight of her awkward modeling job. Glancing over his shoulder at Yeong Hwa, Myung Soo could clearly see the sour expression on her face as she critiqued her modeling job. Sighing, he reached back and ruffled her hair quickly. "Hey..." Yeong Hwa grumbled, quickly moving to fix up her painstakingly prepared hair.

 

"You're still bothered by that? I didn't think you to be the type to be so vain," Myung Soo mused teasingly, quirking a smile at Yeong Hwa as she glowered at him. "Don't worry, though. It's not your modeling we're worried about, but my photography, remember?" he assured her, slipping the neck strap for his camera over his head.

 

"Noona's hair looked like it was on fire!" Yoogeun suddenly exclaimed, his eyes wide in wonder as he stared up at Yeong Hwa's hair. Surprised, she awkwardly twirled a few strands around her finger before smiling, deciding to take Yoogeun's words as a compliment.

 

"Yup! I figured dying my hair red would make me look like more of a badaaa... um... bad girl," Yeong Hwa quickly covered, catching Myung Soo's glare when he realized she was about to swear. Smiling guiltily, she bowed her head slightly in a quick apology before reaching down and taking Yoogeun's hand so that they could proceed on to their next destination. She had expected them to just stay in one spot and snap a few shots, but Myung Soo seemed to share the same "do it big or not at all" philosophy as her father and had insisted that they use different scenes for each of his "models".

 

"Why would you want to be a bad girl?" Seo Hyeon asked, slipping her hand into Myung Soo's and looking up questioningly at Yeong Hwa.

 

"Um..." she thought aloud, searching her brain for some sort of an excuse.

 

"She's just weird like that," Myung Soo intervened, heading for the crosswalk. Seo Hyeon, willing to latch onto anything her beloved big brother said, nodded and skipped along with him. Frowning, Yeong Hwa led Yoogeun along with her as she followed. "Right, Yeong Hwa?" Myung Soo asked, glancing over at his shoulder and smiling at her. Rolling her eyes goodnaturedly, Yeong Hwa nodded in agreement.

 

"Yup. Totally weird," she agreed.

 

As they wandered the streets of Seoul, searching for their next stop, the summer heat reached its peak for the day. Slowly the twins began growing restless as the heat started bothering them, and soon the two were plopped onto the sidewalk, pressed against the wall of a store and trying to take advantage of what little shade they could find. Sighing, Yeong Hwa joined them.

 

"You three can't just sit wherever you feel like," Myung Soo scolded, playing with the neck strap of his camera as he watched them slowly begin to melt, like popsicles that had been left out in the sun for two long. When one of the three stirred, even the usually obedient Seo Hyeon, Myung Soo began looking around for something to revive them with. Eventually his eyes landed on a lemonade stand just down the street. The place was packed with customers as the rest of the city began to feel the effects of the heat, but it was the only place he had seen.

 

"Come on you three. We're going to go get us some juice," Myung Soo encouraged, hoisting Seo Hyeon up to her feet long enough for him to wrap one arm around her and lift her up so he could carry her. Grateful to be able to get off her legs, Seo Hyeon rested her head against Myung Soo's shoulder as he headed towards the lemonade stand.

 

Not wanting to be left behind, Yoogeun jumped to his feet and hurried after them, pulling Yeong Hwa along behind him. Groaning, she reluctantly followed, A few feet away from the lemonade stand, Myung Soo set Seo Hyeon back down on the ground and turned to hand Yeong Hwa his camera.

 

"It's pretty crowded over there, and I don't want to risk breaking it," he informed her, carefully removing the strap from around his neck and slipping it over hers. Slightly embarrassed at how close he was, Yeong Hwa took a few hasty steps back as soon as Myung Soo let go of the camera. "Be very careful with it," he warned her before heading towards the stand to get them all some lemonade.

 

Fortunately the things were sold in small, round bottles rather than cups, so carrying four of them at the same time wouldn't be too difficult. Patiently waiting in line, Myung Soo continuously glanced over his shoulder at Yeong Hwa and the twins to make sure everyone, including his camera, was doing alright. Each time Seo Hyeon would wave to him, as would Yoogeun, while Yeong Hwa had her head bent over his camera and was fiddling with some of the buttons. Sighing, Myung Soo turned away from the scene before he could worry any further about the condition he was going to be getting his camera back in.

 

Finally, after a five minute wait that seemed like an eternity, Myung Soo reached the front of the line and quickly began scanning the list of flavors that hung along the side of the stand. As he did so, he could hear the familiar digitized click of a camera going off from the direction of Yeong Hwa. Jerking his head around, Myung Soo caught her just as she was lowering the camera and examining her handy work. Groaning, he pointed to a random flavor, "Mango Lemonade", and ordered four bottles.

 

Half a minute later he had four bottles of juice in his arms and was carefully pressing his way through the small crowd that was clustered around the stand. When he eventually broke free, he immediately headed towards Yeong Hwa to give her a long lecture on using his camera. As soon as he arrived, though, the twins mobbed him and began grasping at the juice bottles he was carrying. In the few seconds it took to distribute the juice bottles, Myung Soo lost his chance to lecture Yeong Hwa.

 

"Look at how good it turned out! I even figured out how to make it go gray scale!" Yeong Hwa exclaimed proudly, like a child showing off their first A worthy assignment. Deciding to amuse her, Myung Soo took a look at the picture displayed on the screen. "I'm pretty sure it's just a lucky shot, but it still turned out pretty good, don't you think? Maybe you could print it off for me when we get home so that I can keep it? Actually, I'd like a few of the pictures we take today, if you don't mind. That way I can keep them in order to-"

 

Myung Soo turned out Yeong Hwa's excited ramblings as he carefully removed the camera from around her neck and replaced it on his own, turning off the camera's power as he did so in order to conserve the battery life. It had been a pretty good picture, especially if, as Yeong Hwa claimed, it was a "lucky shot". All the same, though, he was tempted to delete it because of how embarrassing it was to have a picture of himself on the camera.

 

"Some model I would turn out to be," he thought, cracking open the lid of his juice bottle. Yeong Hwa was doing the same, and as soon as the lid came free she held the open bottle to her lips and guzzled down the contents. Myung Soo drank much more slowly, not wanting to make himself sick, and enjoyed the cool, sweet flavors as they ran down his throat.

 

"Mmmm, tasty!" Yoogeun exclaimed, smacking his lips after taking a long swallow from his own juice bottle. Laughing, Yeong Hwa nodded in agreement and wiped away a stray dribble of juice from her chin. Seo Hyeon, too, seemed to have perked right back up after the drink and was bouncing excitedly on her heels. Satisfied that they were ready to continue, Myung Soo screwed the lid back on to his juice bottle and glanced around at their surroundings, trying to decide where to head.

 

"We could go to the park," Yeong Hwa suggested, noticing what he was doing and pointing down the street. "We're pretty close, and it should be nice and shady there."

 

"Park! Park!" Yoogeun and Seo Hyeon chanted, both their voices in unison as they began leaving. Glancing over at Myung Soo, Yeong Hwa shrugged her shoulders and followed the twins, quietly joining in on their chant. Sighing, Myung Soo took up the rear, holding his camera protectively as he moved through the crowded streets.

 

Ten minutes later the group had found their way to the park, where Myung Soo quickly began searching for somewhere to take his pictures. While he worked, Yeong Hwa kept the twins busy at the brightly painted playground situated smack in the middle of the park. The thing was twice as big as anything you would find at a school, and had practically every toy you could imagine. The twins were on it in a matter of seconds, and while they played happily together Yeong Hwa went and sat down on one of the metal benches surrounding the playground.

 

Draping her arms over the back rest, Yeong Hwa tilted her head back and up the warm rays of the sun on her face as they filtered down through the leaves overhead, creating a pattern of warm and cool on her face that was both surprising an intriguing. Holding her hand up, Yeong Hwa moved it slowly back and forth over her face, admiring the pattern the leaves left on it, both visual and sensual.

 

"Having fun?" Myung Soo asked after a moment of this, suddenly appearing behind the bench. Smiling and unashamed of her somewhat childish behavior, Yeong Hwa nodded and sat up straight. "I figured we could take some pictures at that tree over there," Myung Soo informed her, pointing to a skinny, smooth, dark brown trunk with a few leaves sprouting out at the top, standing a few feet away from where Yeong Hwa sat.

 

"Good choice," Yeong Hwa agreed, not entirely sure why that tree would be better than the next. Myung Soo seemed to know what he was talking about, though, so she figured agreeing with him would make her sound smart. "Seo Hyeon! Yoogeun! Come over here for a minute!" Yeong Hwa called out, waving the twins over to her and Myung Soo. Instantly the pair responded, rocketing down a big, yellow, plastic slide and then racing to reach them.

 

Smiling, Yeong Hwa took each of their hands once they arrived and led them after Myung Soo, who was already heading to his chosen spot. "I want a picture too!" Seo Hyeon declared once everyone had arrived, pulling her hand away from Yeong Hwa and hurrying towards Myung Soo, already batting her eyes at him. Rolling her own eyes, Yeong Hwa sat down on the grass and patted the spot beside her, motioning for Yoogeun to join her. He promptly plopped down beside her and began picking at the grass, pulling up a few pieces and running them through his fingers.

 

While Yeong Hwa and Yoogeun played together, Myung Soo knelt down and attempted to instruct Seo Hyeon on how to model. She didn't need much prompting, though, and was soon standing beside the tree, a bright smile on her face as she watched the two playing. Smiling as well, Myung Soo held up the camera and snapped a quick shot of her before she moved, as children were prone to do.

 

"Noona! Mustache!" Yoogeun exclaimed, holding up a blade of grass to his face, just above his lip. Laughing, Yeong Hwa pulled up her own blade of grass and held it to her face, making a mustache for herself. Laughing, Yoogeun turned to Seo Hyeon and made a face as he held up the grass mustache.

 

Giggling, Seo Hyeon held up a stick she had discovered to her face, forming her own mustache. Taking his opportunity, Myung Soo snapped another quick picture of her just before she lowered the stick. Trying to capture these moments himself, Myung Soo could appreciate how hard it must be for people who have to work with child models, or actors, or even just kids in general. They never sat still.

 

"Yoogeun? Where are you- Yoogeun! Wait! No!" Yeong Hwa exclaimed as she turned around to watch Yoogeun making a bee line for the park's sprinkler system, which had just . Joining him was every other child in the park, excepting Seo Hyeon, and soon Yeong Hwa's cries of panic were joined by a chorus of parents as they chased futilely after their own children.

 

Leaving Yeong Hwa to handle the Yoogeun situation, Myung Soo took one last picture of Seo Hyeon when she turned to face him and the camera. Grinning, he lowered the camera and turned it off, letting it dangle from his neck. Just as he did so, a movement caught his eye. Glancing down, he could see the sprinkler system beginning to raise where they were standing. Panicking about his camera, Myung Soo quickly took Seo Hyeon's hand and sprinted for the playground, making it across the sidewalk and into the safety of the wood chips just as the water began spraying out in great sheets.

 

Yeong Hwa and Yoogeun were, unfortunately, not so lucky. Squealing as soon as the water hit her, Yeong Hwa tried to shield herself from the attack, a futile attempt as the sprinklers appeared on all sides of her. When she realized how hopeless the situation was, Yeong Hwa gave up and instead decided to embrace the moment, chasing after Yoogeun as he ran screaming through the sprinklers, arms spread wide in excitement.

 

Sitting up on the top of one of the playground's many slides, Myung Soo turned his camera back on in order to see how Seo Hyeon's pictures turned out. Below him, the girl in question crawled inside the tunnel-like slide and drew her knees up to her chest, laughing as she watched her brother and babysitter chasing each other through the sprinklers.

 

"Do they look good?" Seo Hyeon asked, glancing up at Myung Soo and noticing that he was looking at the camera. Nodding, Myung Soo flipped through the three pictures one last time before turning off the camera and watching as Yeong Hwa and Yoogeun soaked themselves in the sprinklers. Sighing, he wondered how long it would take them to walk home, since no taxi cab on the planet was going to want to take in a pair of sopping wet passengers.

 

"Maybe I should just make them walk home while Seo Hyeon and I take a cab," Myung Soo thought, already knowing how that would turn out. Yeong Hwa might literally kill him if he left her and Yoogeun to find their own way home, especially since she was helping him out by offering to be his model. Not that Myung Soo had necessarily wanted her offered help, at least not at first. Now, it didn't seem like such a bad idea.

 

"You should take a picture of Yoogeun," Seo Hyeon commented, pointing out her brother as he spread his arms out and spun in circles. Glancing down, Myung Soo nodded in agreement and turned the camera on once more. Holding the camera up, he trailed after Yoogeun as he sprinted at a dead run through the sprinklers, pursued closely by a spinning Yeong Hwa.

 

"Yoogeun! Over here!" Myung Soo called out, waving his arm to try and catch the young boy's attention. Reacting to his big brother's voice, Yoogeun turned his head just as Myung Soo pushed down the shutter button. The click went off, and soon Yoogeun's pictures was appearing on the screen. Looking down, Myung Soo admired his handiwork as Yeong Hwa finally caught up to Yoogeun and scooped him up in her arms. Although he wasn't too happy about the water blocking out parts of Yoogeun, Myung Soo had to admit that it was still a good picture, especially considering how much Yoogeun was moving around.

 

Glancing up, Myung Soo watched as Yeong Hwa, with Yoogeun under her arm, trudged over to him and Seo Hyeon. Shutting off the camera, Myung Soo nimbly jumped off the top of the slide and cautiously moved forward to join them, just in case Yeong Hwa got any ideas about trying to soak him. Fortunately, it seemed all her mischievousness had been exhausted for the day, because as soon as she reached him Yeong Hwa simply placed Yoogeun on the ground and began ringing out her hair.

 

"You should have joined us," she complained, grinning at Myung Soo as a fountain of water squeezed out of her hair. Wordlessly, Myung Soo pointed to the camera that was hanging around his neck. "Ah, right. Defend the camera with your life," she laughed, shaking her fingers through her hair in an attempt to dry it out faster.

 

"Yoogeun!" Seo Hyeon suddenly squealed as Yoogeun gave her a big hug, a cunning grin on his face as he did so. Laughing, Yeong Hwa glanced over at Myung Soo, a mischievous glint in her eye. Backing away, Myung Soo pointed once more to the camera around his neck.

 

"A back hug, then," Yeong Hwa decided, striding towards Myung Soo purposefully.

 

"Yeong Hwa, no! Down girl!" Myung Soo exclaimed, sprinting away from her as she continued to advance on him. Laughing, Yeong Hwa rushed after Myung Soo, moving a lot faster than he thought she was capable of. Soon she had closed the distance between them and had Myung Soo in a tight back hug. He was annoyed, of course, but couldn't help noticing that Yeong Hwa had carefully avoided touching his camera.

 

Still, that was little comfort as he felt his back quickly begin to get soaking wet from the ridiculous amount of water she had soaked into her. By the time Yeong Hwa let go, the back of Myung Soo's shirt was sagging from how wet it was, and his front had two intersecting stripes from where Yeong Hwa's arms had been. Sighing, he reached behind him and took a big handful of the back of his shirt.

 

"Thank you, Yeong Hwa. Really appreciate," he droned sarcastically, squeezing out as much water as he could.

 

"You are very welcome, Myung Soo," Yeong Hwa giggled, patting him on the head before taking Yoogeun's hand and leading him towards the park's exit. "Now come on! If we're going to walk home we'll need to start now," she called after her, waving for Myung Soo and Seo Hyeon to join them. Rolling his eyes, Myung Soo took Seo Hyeon's hand and did as he was told.

 


Author's Note: Guess what I found...  MBLAQ Idol Army!

                          But guess who's not in it... Kim Myung Soo...

Great for "Tangled Threads" inspiration, BAD for "Jelly Beans" inspiration! Which is why I've been waiting for the next episode of Infinite's Ranking King to be subbed, but so far I'm stuck with my two lonely episodes :iconsweatdropplz: So does anyone know of an Infinite-featuring variety show? I know they aren't in many since they're still pretty new, but I'm sure there must be at least one I haven't seen so far...

And on another note: Rats. :iconscaredplz:My neighbor recently discovered that they have rats in their woodpile. BIG rats. Like, Rats of Unusual Size big! (okay, maybe not really, but from what he said they are some big stinkin' things!) We're hoping they don't come over to our house, but until we're sure the rats are gone my whole family has been in a panic. Heck, this whole end of the neighborhood is currently organizing a freaking witch hunt for the things! (poison, traps, pellet guns, the whole shabang)

And anybody seen that one movie where the guy gets the bottoms of his feet eaten by rats? I'm so paranoid about that happening to me that I wear two pairs of socks and literally wrap my feet in a giant ball of blankets, yet STILL spend my whole night like this :icongivingupplz:Soooo tiiiired... :icononitiredplz:((Rats don't have much to do with this chapter... but I need somebody to rant to, haha))

 

* Roughly 20 US Dollars

Flower photo courtesy of me! (and my horrible photography skillz, haha) The rest I found on Google Images (I ended up using Aleyna Yilmaz for Seo Hyeon, since there aren't many pictures of Seo Hyeon...)