8. The ship - la nave (2)

SuperHuman
Please log in to read the full chapter

„So let's see big mouth, show us that hidden power of yours you bragged about" Even with the cold and loud nightly wind Ten's voice was still clearly audible to her. Or maybe it was because her hearing was the only thing she could rely on at the moment.

 

„Captain Kun said to not touch her."

And this was probably the voice of the pirate she asked for help earlier. She recognized his soft honey like voice but to her dismay this guy was also just like his friends but still not as mean as Kun, Lucas, Ten or worse Winwin were.

 

Wiwin, their hidden trump card.

He somehow concealed all their powers by just gazing in their eyes and Helia just hoped that this concealing was confined and that they could regain back their powers in some way to free themselves from this place.

 

While her vision was blocked she heard the pirates talk between themselves and got to know that Haechan and Renjun were stripped off of their weapons and still held in the cabinet. She just hoped that they haven't been hurt in anyway not physically nor mentally.

 

Heachen and Renjun where two boys that could fire her up super fast and she knew that they weren't the best buddies but she still hoped for them to be not injured and that they could get away safe. They where her family after all no matter how much they fought she still didn't want to lose them in any way.

 

„Aw come on, don't be a whim, he'll just nag at me a little and then it's done. Its always the same with him and I'm bored, entertain us a little" Ten answered the pirate who attempted to save her from the stunt Ten wanted to make her go trough.

 

On their first encounter Helia taught that Lucas was the most scary one but Ten showed that behind his smile lied the real danger.

 

And he had an evil mind which Helia experienced first hand as currently she was blindfolded by him and led to the edge of the ship where a board was spread out and one end was facing the wide and wild ocean.

 

„Look, it's simple. If you manage to walk to the end of this board without falling over then we won't bother you anymore, pirate oath." He said and Helia could imagine him holding up a hand in demonstration.

 

"But if you fail..." she heard his voice close by her ear. "Well then you'll make the sharks happy" Ten laughed followed by his comrades who joined him.

 

Being enveloped in complete darkness Helia didn't now what she could rely on more. She clearly heard the loud waves a couple of meters beneath her feet and felt the cold wind against her skin giving her goosebumps. From time to time a little droplet hit her face signaling that the ocean was indeed just below her feet.

 

She remained in place. There was no way she would risk her life for the joy of those pirates. But she had not much say in that as a hand came in contact with her back pushing her forward.

 

„What are you waiting for?" she distinguished Ten's voice again.

 

The push moved her onto the board and she quickly spread her arms up for balance. The wind kept on pushing her body to one side and her whole body shivered. If her tears wouldn't dry out from all the crying by now she would have started again.

 

Was this really the terminus for her?

Was this the turn her life would take?

Isn't it scary that sometimes you have no say at all in your own life, like it just takes you away and forced you to play along to what it has chosen for you.

 

Helia always had the feeling that her life was not entirely in her own hands, sometimes things just go in a certain way and you follow and sometimes it gets you unprepared, just like now.

 

"God...please help me, make a miracle happen, please" Helia whispered in a shaky voice.

 

Helia took a step forward while the wind howled into her ear stronger then before so much that she reflexively pulled her arms back making her loose balance for a moment. And that was all needed to make her fall to the side. Into the Ocean which was impatiently waiting for her.

And she screamed as she fell.

 

„Ouh what? She didn't even made it half way trough, how boring" Ten dropped his shoulders upon witnessing that scene that lasted barely ten seconds. He scoffed as he stood there looking at the empty board as the wind blew.

 

It was quiet and the the cheerful crowd was suddenly silent. One of the witnesses stood up from his seat taking a few steps towards the board.

 

It was Lucas, he had been watching quietly from one corner before he noticed something odd. "Wait, she fell but I didn't hear a splashing sound." He bent over the railing to look down.

 

J

Please log in to read the full chapter