9. Hidden feelings - sentimenti nascosti

SuperHuman
Please log in to read the full chapter

„Hey, Jungwoo right?" Helia approached him on his patient bed. It was the next day from escaping the pirates and he was looking better.

 

„Oh hello" he pushed himself up as he saw Helia.

 

She put the chocolate and flowers she bought next to his table and smiled warmly at him which he returned. „How are your legs?" she asked.

 

„Fine, if it wasn't for you I would probably die there" he said and suddenly felt abashed knowing that Helia had no reason to help him after he had ignored her asks for help and also what her friends had done to them.

„And I'm sorry for how we treated you guys back then and that I didn't help you. I didn't taught my friends would go that far. They are actually not bad guys, really. It's just that our lifestyle is different from yours and we expected you to arrest us for sailing illegally but you wanted to negotiate and that confused Kun so he kept you hostage because he wasn't sure if he should trust you or not" he ranted.

 

"Can I be honest with you" Helia spoke up in a quiet tone and Jungwoo nodded for her to continue.

 

"I'm not sure what we would have done. Kun probably did the right thing on his part. Because we jumped on your ship to arrest you if you'd happen to be pirates, which you where, so I'm not really sure either."

 

"That's...honest" Jungwoo said confused.

 

"I don't feel the need to lie regarding this. Saving the island is our priority.

But don't worry, that does not mean that I will make you pay for what happens. As of now you are a patient and you stepped on this island with a different aim and according to our rules you have your rights like any citizen here. So don't worry and just focus on getting better." She gently and lightly padded his shoulder.

 

"Yes but-"Jungwoo stopped as he saw a doctor walk past the door only to pop is head inside looking at Helia in a confused way.

 

Noticing that Helia turned around as well.

"Hey Jaemin"

 

Upon being the center of attention now Jaemin walked inside with a file in his hand. "Hi," he began looking form Helia to the patient and back. "You know each other?"

 

"Long story" Helia exchanged knowing looks with Jungwoo.

 

"Oh Doctor Na, you were here?" A sister came inside the room upon seeing Jaemin. "How about we have lunch together?" She pushed a loose stand of hair behind her ear.

 

Helia didn't refrain from shooting him a warning look which he didn't notice as he was smiling to the sister.

 

Jaemin turned around to bid them goodbye and walked side by side with the sister.

 

Helia scoffed very disappointed in what she had witnessed. This behavior of Jaemin was giving her friend Ivy a very hard time.

 

It wasn't like they told him to be mean or ignore the people he worked with but there was also no need to be unnecessarily nice to them either or give them false hope.

 

Jungwoo noticed the look Helia gave Jaemin but thankfully didn't act nosy.

 

"Oh before I forget. We can ask the king to give you a booth where you can earn your own money" Helia smiled again not actually wanting to have a bad mood.

 

„Can't I work with you?" Jungwoo asked instead, referring to NCT.

 

„I'm sorry but you have to be an NCTzen to join us."

 

„Oh you mean supernatural powers? I do

have them too." He said and Helia was genuinely surprised by the revelation.

 

"Really?" she asked almost in a whisper.

 

"Yeah," he said sounding proud and lifted up his right hand, "don't get scared tough" and with those words he stretched his arm out like it was a rubber band and it stretched on and on to where Jaemin stood outside the room with the sister still talking.

 

Jungwoo's hand reached to Jaemin's pants from behind and pulled at his undergarment making the Doktor yelp in pain scaring the s

Please log in to read the full chapter