4. The family - la familigia

SuperHuman
Please log in to read the full chapter

The mansion of Lee Taeyoung was oddly quiet today. Probably because not all members where back home from their respective tasks.

 

The mansion was home to all NCTzens and even tough it was a "home" it could more be compared to an academy in regards of the rules inside the household.

 

The sleep and waking times were scheduled, the meal times were scheduled, the training time of the members were scheduled and the mansion had its own philosophy of keeping the members separated regarding on gender even tough they lived under the same roof.

 

But oddly enough none of those rules seemed to bother anyone living there much, in fact it seemed to be in their best interest for an unknown reason.

 

Just like it was for Kang Helia.

She grew up inside those walls after she was taken in by Lee Taeyong who played a big brother role coming close to a potential fatherly figure in the way he compassionately took her in, along with her sister and a bunch of others under his wings.

 

He was the only one who understood those teens who were different, who didn't even understood the strange changes within themselves, who couldn't even ask the questions they wanted to, out of fear from the reality.

 

Very early on Kang Helia understood that because she was different she couldn't have certain expectancies. Like living with both parents, going to a normal school, having relatives you can visit.

 

Lee Taeyong took the role of a parent, the mansion was her home and the other members took in a certain role of family.

 

The members she grew up with were all different like herself and all of them understood each other well so there was never a sense of not belonging anywhere.

 

Lee Taeyong made them understand that all were unique in their own ways and that it was best to be just yourselves and be real instead of being a copied version of someone else. And frankly speaking, it was impossible for them to be like the ordinary citizens of the island. They were given that certain ability that would always get in the way of being like others.

 

Helia walked to the room she shared with her sister which was on the third floor of the mansion while the boys floor was on the second and she imidietly noticed the silence pointing out their absence.

 

As she walked in she was greeted with the sight of her sister inside diligently ironing her black blazer. She greeted her sister and hung her own pitch black blazer on the stand and looked at it.

 

On the left collar was a golden square attached. Head of the coins. That's what the square stood for.

 

She was in charge of the islands money income. A usal school was out of the question. The members were all homeschooled and put into jobs at the same time. It was the same like going to college and having a part time job. The jobs were given by Taeyong according to his view on their abilities and the job most suitable for them.

 

And leading a bank didn't really sound appealing to Helia at first but she soon figured out that it was all she could handle. A calm job that requires as less physical work as possible.

 

She looked at the blazer her sister hung next to hers after neatly ironing it.

The square pin that was attached to the collar was blue. Head of the Guardians.

The police of the island. A lot more action then Helia's job a lot more physical work and a lot more trouble.

 

"I'll go to the kitchen for a drink you want something?" she asked her sister.

 

"No, I'm fine" her sister replied after sighing.

 

And Helia would be blind if she didn't notice her sister being clearly bothered by something.

 

"Is something wrong?" And those were the words her sister Kang Suni wanted to hear.

 

"Yes there is! You don't know what happened today at my patrol" With that Suni began and Helia leaned onto the wall as she knew she had to halter her thirst for the moment.

 

"I was walking on my section and I came across a boutique where beautiful dresses were placed outside. So I just momentarily moved closer to look at them and just as I took one in my hand that ugly being of a sales-witch came out of nowhere saying, 'They are expensive, please don't touch them'. Like what does she think she is?

So I said 'They look disgusting, I wouldn't even pay a dime for it' and I couldn't even finish what I wanted to say because I had to move back to my position and she took all the dresses back inside as if I was going to steal them. And I waited for her to walk out again so I could spit at her face but she didn't and now it is eating me up that I didn't jump on her and ripped her face off along with her ugly dresses" Suni ranted.

 

Helia was not really surprised, her sister had a high temper and sometimes Helia wondered if her sister was actually looking for trouble on her patrols. She just couldn't let things slide sometimes.

 

"Okay, I'll get you ice cream form the kitchen so you can cool off a bit" and Helia hid her grin as she walked out the door hearing a small and happy 'okay' from her sister.

 

* * *

 

As Helia made

Please log in to read the full chapter