11. The castle - il castelo

SuperHuman
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Ivy, I'm tired of always having the same conversation with you."

 

"Trust me I'm more tired and also very much done" came the stern yet shaky voice from the petite girl in front of him.

 

"Done with what?" He raised a brow crossing his arms over his chest. His throat already started to get sore from all the shouting.

 

"With the way you ignore my words, the way you act. Just with you in general Jaemin, I'm done with you!" Ivy looked at his eyes directly and he saw how red they were.

 

But what was worse where her words which came so sudden and with such certainty that they hit him like a cold shower.

 

"Whoa, no you can't!" he blurred out and walked to her from where he stood reflexively as if her words would make her suddenly disappear in front of him.

 

"No!" she held her arm out preventing him from getting closer.

"Don't, I've been thinking about this for a while now" she spoke and Jaemin stood from where he was stopped.

 

He didn't want to listen to it, he knew what was to come and he didn't want it to happen. „So you are breaking up with me over a little thing?" he asked and a lump formed in his throat and he felt his stomach twist.

 

"See? It's a little thing to you.

Okay, maybe I'm being petty and maybe you are right that it's not that big of a deal but you should know that it is big to me. And that also shows me that I'm not ready for a relationship with you. If all that you showed me till today was your love then I don't feel ready for it and I don't want it." she paused while her tears fell down wetting her rosy cheeks.

 

Seeing her in pain hurt him but knowing that he was the reason for it hurt him even more and he stood there watching her break down again.

 

* * *

 

Even tough the said room was supposed to quiet their voices down they still got the attention of all the ones passing by.

 

"I swear relationships are a scary thing,"Jeno whispered, "they've been on it for quiet a time now."

 

He and Renjun were sitting at the far back of the lobby glancing at Jaemin's room from which the shouts where heard but suddenly it all got quiet and silence stretched out for a few minutes before the door to Jaemin's room got opened and Ivy walked out with puffy eyes and wet cheeks.

 

She walked past them with slow strides deep in thought.

And from the open door they saw their friend sitting on the edge of his bed face in his hands.

 

* * *

 

The castle of Isalo dei Gabbianni's king Xiaojun was massive and ancient.

 

On every corner you were welcomed by nicely dressed maids and guards with bright smiles on their faces.

 

The castle was a perfect representation of what people would think of as a castle read in fairy tales. Beautiful but mysterious. Dreamy yet real and stout.

 

NCT found themselves admiring every corner with every step they took not being able to take their eyes away from the magnificence the castle presented them.

 

They were led to the big hall to meet the host himself, King Xiaojun.

 

He sat on his throne with a graceful posture, his crown sitting perfectly on his head. The moment the members entered the hall he got up from his seat to welcome them. "I'm thankful you took the offer" he shook Taeyong's hand smiling widely and also nodding to the others in acknowledgement.

 

„No, we are thankful for the invitation." Taeyong spoke in a polite manner.

 

„Let's proceed to the dining hall shall we?" He gestured.

 

The dining hall was just as expected big and luxurious with a very high ceiling.

At the center was the huge table which was decorated in silk red tablecloth, beige big candles and a huge set of silverware for each meal. And of course the table was filled with everything you could dream of. Starting from meat, salad, going to sweet pastries and fruits.

 

„Please have a seat" he gestured after sitting down himself and the guests followed.

 

Right then two people appeared from a corner approaching them. They wore tuxedos and not an uniform like the guards did.

 

King Xiaojun looked at them and smiled proudly. "Dear NCT, I would like you to meet the NCTzens who work for me.

Jung Jaehyun and Kim Doyoung." He pointed at each and they nodded at the guests smiling proudly.

 

The name NCTzen caught the attention of the members as everyone was now eyeing the duo.

 

Other NCTzens.

It meant those two were people like themselves. Superhuman. Yet probably the elite as they worked under the king.

 

„Aren't there more NCTzens under you?" Taeyong asked.

 

„Yes but there are at the city downtown and couldn't make it here. But these two are one of my bests" the king proudly announced.

 

„I hope even though we don't work with eachother that the NCTzens we'll get along well" he added.

 

„I'm sure they will" Taeyong assured.

 

  * * *

 

Five minutes.

 

Whole five minutes and that guy was still on the make with Ivy and she didn't seem to be bothered by it at all and if he wasn't mistaken he would even say that she enjoyed the attention the Adonis was giving her.

 

Jaemin kept starring at him while Jaehyun kept starring at his girlfriend. Well ex-girlfriend as from now on. That world already leaving a bitter taste behind.

Still, ex or not he would give this reaction to any guy who was trying his ways on any of the girls from NCT like they were some sale display. But unfortunately aside from Ivy, also Suni and Helia gave Jaehyun the attention he seeked.

 

Jung Jaehyun was definitely trying his charms on the girls and it worked.

 

He was shamelessly flirting with all of them and his looks just helped him with that as the girls didn't seem bothered by it at all.

 

He thought about Ivy's words from before.

 

Did she see me the way I see Jaehyun now? Did I look like that while talking to girls? It sounded ridiculous to him yet he felt his ego get scratched by the possibility.

 

At least I don't have I'll intentions.

 

But Jaemin obviously wasn't clear with his intentions as it lead to his girlfriend hating him now.

 

He tapped his fingers on the table deep in thought forgetti

Please log in to read the full chapter