13. Betrayal - tradimento

SuperHuman
Please log in to read the full chapter

An uneasy feeling had settled in king Xiaojun for the past few days.

 

He felt like something was happening around him without him being part of it and he didn't even get the chance to voice his concerns about it to Hendery, the one he could really talk to since the latter has been unusually busy for the past couple of days.

 

The feeling didn't let him sleep and he found himself pacing around the floor of the castle on a very early morning. He was awake even before his maids and butlers where.

 

He was turning in circles with his morning gown on when a faint door closing sound reached his ears. He stopped in his tracks to hark and heard quiet foot steps down the corridor. He followed the sound until he reached the railing of the second floor of the castle.

 

And as he looked down he saw his errand boy quietly make his way to the front door. A red letter in his hand.

The king didn't remember asking him to make a deliver especially not a letter with an unusual envelope like that.

 

„Where are you headed to at this hour YangYang?" His voice echoed trough the hall.

 

The boy flinched visibly before he turned around. The king walked down the stairs approaching the boy who didn't say a word.

 

„I asked you, where you are heading? And what is this?" the stress shaped his actions and Xiaojun found himself snatching the letter from him before opening it.

 

„My king, I'm really sorry it was an order by lord Hendery." The boy unsurely tried to explain but the king ripped the envelope open without listening to the boy's words.

 

A frown made it's way to the king's face after glancing at the letter and he shot him a sharp glare while holding it up.

 

„What is that supposed to mean!" his voice was shaking from the anger he tried to suppress while waving the letter.

 

„I, I don't know. Lord Hendery just ordered me to deliver this letter, really" the boy answered in all honesty shrinking upon the glare of the king.

 

King Xiaojun took another look at the letter.

 

„leave" he ordered and the boy bowed before he left.

 

The worst thing about a bad gut feeling is being proven that the feeling was indeed a warning for something bad to come.

 

With the letter in one hand and a shaking heart the king moved up to the room of his acolyte. He knocked loud

Please log in to read the full chapter