6. The veil - il velo

SuperHuman
Please log in to read the full chapter

Renjun looked at his watch. Helia was unusually late.

 

New ships sailed by the sea shore so they had to meet up with Hacehan and Jeno for a registration. And they included him and Helia yet she was nowhere to be found.

 

He wondered if she was doing it on purpose since they had a little argument yesterday in the library. But then again it was so unlikely for her to hold a grudge and act so immature while being on duty. No he knew, her being absent was not because of yesterday's event.

 

He looked around again for any traces of her but found nothing. She was not on her usual spot and time was running out.

 

Renjun tried to look over the crowd for any traces of his workmate and also walked between the booths yet with every passing minute his patience wore off and there was still no sight of her.

 

And it didn't take him long to lose his patience and he decided to head back without her. He turned around to leave as he suddenly came face to face with Helia Kang.

 

„Looking for me Injuni?" she said smiling.

 

Renjun stepped one meter away to keep a distance. „Wait, what did you call me?" he knitted his eyebrows, surely that was something new.

 

„Isn't that your nickname?" she tilted her head.

 

„How do you know it?" he felt how his anger from before was shaping his tone while speaking.

 

„I heard it somewhere" she shrugged her shoulders. „So?" she took a step closer.

 

Renjun moved back again. She smirked at him and he averted his gaze.

What was her goal?

Renjun noticed how easily irritated he got when she was around.

 

„Are you perhaps avoiding me?" she came even closer and lifted her hand to ruffle his hair but he got alarmed immediately and stopped her from doing so while holding her wrist firmly. „What is wrong with you? Oh, I get it. Are you Intentionally trying to make me angry? Because it works. And now you better stop."

 

„Or what" she challenged.

 

„Look, you are making me really uncomfortable and angry right now. So keep your distance while I'm still being nice and stop joking around." his ears started to heat up and the heat slowly made it's way to his cheeks, they've never been this close before.

 

„Okay, I get it Injuni." she nodded sounding bored.

 

„Don't call me that! And besides we need to go to the Doves for a check up."

 

Her head snapped to him at that and all color left her face. „The Doves? You mean Haechan Hyung?"

 

„Hyung?"

 

„I can't." she turned around. Renjun stopped her from leaving by pulling her by the wrist which he still held firmly.

 

„What is going on? Of course you'll come this is work and not some fun meeti

Please log in to read the full chapter