10. The promise - la promessa

SuperHuman
Please log in to read the full chapter

In the past quiet a time ago there was a known thief on the island who went by the name Fuoco.

 

He was known for his dirty and sneaky tricks. Betrayal, lies and lulling people was how he earned his living.

Yet that gain didn't last long as he also had a habit of playing it all off on gambling. He also never took his hand back from stealing either, making the islands citizens live in constant fear upon crossing his path.

 

And totally scared of his doings on the island who was supposed to be a save place the citizens went to NCT for help and got promised by the organization that they would do anything to put this person behind bars.

 

And the Guardians stood up to what they said, since in a matter of days they found the thief and managed to even catch him once yet only to let him slip off their grip again.

 

Fuoco was smart and had the witt to keep up with the superhumans of the island, so catching him was more difficult than they thought.

 

Fuoco had his own fun with NCT and always challenged their powers.

„And you call yourself Superhuman?" he mocked them.

 

He wasn't hiding from them, no. He was always showing up infront of them out of nowhere to give them the opportunity to get closer almost catching him until he slipped out their grip to show them how they failed their job on and on.

It entertained him, more than stealing and gambling did.

 

He loved watching the helpless expression of the police when he did so. Annoying Mark Lee became his hobby and the feisty little Suni Kang had always peeked his interest.

 

However NCT's patience seemed to be running out since aside from the Guardians Fuoco noticed how more members where present and joined the two on trying to catch him.

 

Not only NCT but almost a big count on citizens were on his tail, too.

As mentioned, he gambled a lot so he had a huge debt on his back and using the money he stole to pay for it wasn't in his best interest. He was actually surprised that he hadn't come across any head money warrants on him.

 

It was yet another day he got chased by his favorite police duo Mark and Suni, when something changed.

 

He let them corner him on an alley but he felt - no, he saw that something in their attitude had changed.

 

„Taeyong Hyung told us something," Mark Lee began. „that you are a superhuman as well."

 

Fuoco was surprised at that and suddenly couldn't think on how to respond to that since it was true.

 

„And just like everyone on this islands gets a chance you as well will get a chance to open a new chapter in your life." Mark spoke calmly as if Fuoco was a mere citizen and not the thief they've been chasing for weeks.

 

„Forget everything from your previous life as a thief and start a new life...

Join NCT" Mark almost sounded like he was demanding it. „No strings attached" he added.

 

True, Fuoco knew that his words were honest.

 

„Oh god yes, I've been waiting my whole life for this moment" Fuoco spoke up finally.

 

The duo saw trough his sarcasm.

 

"Hey diva, NCT doesn't need you but you need us. Do you think this power will stay like it is forever? Wait until it gets out of control, then you'll regret that you didn't sought Taeyong's help." Suni hissed at him not amused by his act.

 

Suni calmed herself down before she continued, „Once your power is out of control no one will come to help you, you know. They will want to just erase you so that they don't have to deal with you, remember that. Your life won't be like this forever."

 

* * *

 

Fuoco had to be honest, that conversation gave him a big headache and was the root for his constant sleepless nights.

 

He wasn't going to play dumb, he knew what they said was right. This power within him had started to be almost unbearable and he felt like he slowly became a beast that was loosing control of his own body.

 

It wasn't like he didn't wanted to get help it was just the conditions that weren't in his best interest. „Using my power to serve people I don't like?" The islands had some questionable rules.

 

So just because you have super powers you were expected to use them for others so that they don't feel threatened by you. This made him scoff every time.

 

He remembered one boy from his village who also turned to NCT after finding out that he had superhuman powers and he doesn't know what happened to him now.

 

Fuoco currently sat at the roof of the hospital as he gazed at the clear blue ocean. He liked coming here from time to time. The only place that gave him a little tranquility.

 

He was watching the busy streets as a set of people caught his attention. It was that unmistakable black jacket with the white shirt and green tie.

 

And unknown to him a smile made it's way to his face as he saw two familiar faces. „Oh it's team double-trouble" he voiced out.

 

* * * 

 

„I feel so sorry for him, how can we help? Did you tell him that we really want to just guide him?" Helia voiced her concerns to the police duo infront of her.

 

„Yes but I guess he doesn't believe us" Mark scratched the back of his head.

 

„He is just being a drama queen, I don't see why he would decline this offer." Suni spoke as they proceeded to wa

Please log in to read the full chapter