7. The ship - la nave

SuperHuman
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Taeyong wanted me to bring you guys lunch" Helia placed the basked on the wooden table her comrades were sitting at.

 

"Thank you" Jeno accepted the basket with two hands and added, "Why don't you sit with us and eat if you aren't busy right now."

 

"Thanks, I have eaten already," she smiled back at him acting like he was the only one present and skillfully ignoring the presense of the other one.

 

It was a new work das and she was a little out of breath and kind of exhausted and seeing her comrads sit by the calming ocean listening to just the waves and being far away from all the trouble she'd been trough the whole day made her hesitate before briefly glancing at her watch."I'll guess I can sit a little with you until Renjun is done."

She made her way towards the two not unhearing the small tongue clicking sound from one of them.

 

Taking a seat next to Jeno Helia openend the basket for the two to have their lunch. Being the errand girl was definetly not something she liked but Helia found herself to be someone who can't really decline a plead of Taeyong and thats why she sometimes ends up being the maid of the team.

 

Helia occupied herself with observing the waves of the clear blue ocean as the two had their meal. Occasionally Helia would chit chat with Jeno or Jeno would talk about something with Heachan who was sitting next to him. So it was always Jeno and Helia or Jeno and Haechan talking, nothing besides that. But no matter how unobvious both parties tried to act, the tension between them was nothing to unsee.

 

Also Jeno noticed it right away at Helia's arrival but didn't pry and just went with what both had settled between them. Not because he was unsure on how to act but more because this sight was nothing uncommon to see between Kang Helia and Lee Haechan.

 

One day they would be seen laughing and joking around and the next day arguing. And when they argue both like to keep the matter between themselves, so there was no need for anyone to get involved, they somehow settled the things between each other, always. Just like siblings, they fought and loved.

 

"Jeno, I got the leftover fish for your pet cat" Taeil jumped up from his ship to the embankment they sat on. He was briefly greeting them as he passed the smelly plate to Jeno before he left the way he came.

 

Helia curiosly followed Jeno with her eyes as he moved a couple of feet away and knelt infront of an empty tray reflinig it with the leftovers that he got from Taeil.

 

She heard him shout a name which she couldn't grasp and looked around but got dissapointed as nothing showed up. Also Jeno had the same reaction and moved a little further away to call for the cat again. He looked like a worried father who was waiting for his child.

 

Helia was in awe.

Do people like this exist?

 

He was not only good looking, strong and kind but also had a big heart for animals. If that wasn't a big plus.

 

He was in an unnoticable way very inspiring and Helia remebered no time where she was ever bothered by any of his acts towards herself or the people around him.

 

No wonder my sister is head over heals for him, she tought and a smile made it's way to her face remebering her sister's nightly rants on her knight in shining armor aka Lee Jeno.

 

Wow that's news!

 

The sudden voice echoed inside her head making her jump up and her eyes widened at the realization.

 

She momentarily forgot that Jeno had left her alone with the devil and her eyes immediately dartet towards Haechan making eye contact for the first time since she came. He had a smug smile on his face.

 

So Kang Suni is crushing on my friend Jeno huh, since when? I never noticed. His voice halled in her head again like a loud echo.

 

How could she let her guard down.

She couldn't keep her sister's secret and what made it worse was that it was Heachan who it got leaked through.

 

But she overcame her shook fast and glared at him instead. Well, what happens happens.

 

Haechan and Suni were both scary in their own ways but she had a slightly bigger fear that her own blood and flesh would be the party who'd get more brutal on her punishment so she settled for dealing with the lesser evil.

 

I dare you.

Don't ever,

ever mention that to anyone or I'll haunt you.

No words left .

 

You know what you can do to keep me quiet.

He continued eating and being able to conversate at the same time thanks to his telepathic abilities.

 

Don't start with that again.

She rolled her eyes at his statement. He was so ready to restart the argument that they had that day.

 

Weren't you the one who told me that you'll lend me a hand if I need you?

Hachan stopped eating and leaned back on his chair his arms crossed keeping his gaze firmly at her.

 

Not if that results in you using the money I give to play off in casinos, I can't believe you picked that habit of yours again.

She leaned over the table keeping his gaze with her own.

 

Why does it matter to you what I'm doing wih the money anyway? And I'm more careful this time. Just stick to your words Kang Helia.

 

Why it matters? First of all beacuse it's not just some money I found on the streets but the money I worked for. And secondly, I want to help you as a friend but doing that would be the exact opposite, aren't there any other hobbys for you to pick?

 

Helia tought on how ridiculous it was that both of them always had the same discussion with the same arguments thrown on eachother.

 

And Helia knew that she was also paying for getting a little ahead of herself.

There was a time where she taught that smiling at people and giving out promises is all she had to do to be nice, just give the person the feeling you are there for them and your job is done. But it was at that when that one person relied on her words that she felt the weight of spoken words and given promises. A promise is not something you should throw out mindlessly, never. Because some people hold onto your empty words with their life.

 

Then take the money from the bank.

You are the only one who has access to it. I know that Taeyong Hyung gave you the key instead of Renjun. The money is rotting in there, it's time to make good use of it.

 

Haechan I would never!

 

Haechan sighed loudly at that "Yeah right. That's the reason why you are the head of the coins " he spoke up now.

 

Alerted Helia looked over at Jeno who was busy the cat who had arrived finally saving her from him joing them to soon. Thankfully the silence between them didnt't make him suspicious as his attention was occupied by the little fur ball.

 

"Come on Patatino.* Aren't we friends?" Haechan spoke up again.

I'm sure Jeno would be surprised to know what your sister thinks about him.

He smirked and Helia felt her hand itch from the need to punch his face.

 

"Why does it always have to be me?" Helia spoke in surrender.

 

*(little Potatoe)

 

  * * *

 

The afternoon sun was already setting in and the ships were all lined up swaying calmy from side to side on the water.

The sky wasn't blue anymore but morely a palette of yellow, red, orange and grey colors. The streets had also gotten quieter and the loud shouts in the morning coming from the salespeople dimmed off.

 

Renjun and Helia stood by the shore doing their last checks and regristering the ships one by one as they came to the one their comrad was standing on. He had a frim posture both his hands rested on his hips and his body turned to the two while his head was turned to the side looking towards a ship.

 

"Where is Jeno?" Renjun asked while he tested the rope on a boat and then nodded towards Helia who checked it down on a notebook.

 

"Who's the owner?" Haechan ignored Renjun and asked Helia instead who had the records in her hands.

 

She looked up from her notebook and followed his gaze looking at the same ship. "I'm not given the authority to reveal that" she said and Heachan noticed that she was getting back at him for the previous event this morning.

 

He clicked his tongue and knowing that asking her would just waste more time he proceeded to take the matters in his own hands and moved to the humongus and old ship that differed from the others.

 

With one swift jump he was on the deck of the mysterious ship.

 

Seeing that nonchalantly acted stunt by Haechan both Helia and Renjun got alarmed immediately.

 

"Hey Haechan are you craz

Please log in to read the full chapter