Chap 34

'Pag tayo'y matanda na, sana ---'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Believe it or not, but Seulgi knew where you were coming from, Joohyun. After all, motherhood is something personal. You're the only who can define what it truly means for you. If you want to bear a child, if that's how you feel you can only truly completely embrace the experience of being a mother, then the only right thing for us to do is to respect that. And Seulgi did - she still does."

Joy poured beer into her and Joohyun's glass.

"Seulgi read up on what you were experiencing. She knew about the story of Rahima Rice, the award-winning playwright and her lesbian partner. Rice wanted to not only bear a child, she wanted it to be done the "natural" way - by having a ual with a man. She knew this desire will hurt her lesbian lover a lot. And she struggled with it, wala siyang mapagsabihan sa una because the lesbian community could judge her. Pero siya 'yun e, sa ganung paraan lang niya gusto maging nanay. But kudos to her because even if she was struggling with it, she still never cheated on her lesbian partner. Eventually, she and her partner broke up, and then that's the only time when she pushed through with having a baby with a man."

"There's also what can only be described as 'ambiguous pain,' or 'yung pain among some queer women na nag-uugat sa fact na hindi sila biologically connected sa anak nila. That biological connection is very important for them. Kaya adoption really is not the option for them, kagaya mo. 'Pinag-aralan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter