Chap 14

'Pag tayo'y matanda na, sana ---'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is what it is. 

A quiet kind of love.

There were no fireworks, no dramatic deus ex machinas, no extravagant, over-the-top moments after Joohyun told Seulgi her feelings for her .

What they did have though were muted saffron lights from a bedside lamp, warm blankets, soft voices and deep talks - talks that transpire just an hour or so before they go to sleep everyday, as Seulgi would now go to Joohyun's bed, lay down beside her and ask her how her day went. After they talked about random moments and sometimes meaningful thoughts that filled their respective days, Seulgi would bid Joohyun goodnight, go out, close the door softly behind her and go back to her room.

This went on for six months.

Every night, Joohyun would ask Seulgi to stay, but Seulgi would just smile at her, kiss her forehead gently and go.

Joohyun understood that Seulgi needed time to reconnect to her own feelings, to ascertain if the friendship she has cultivated with Joohyun for a long time could - and is worth - turning into something else. For the longest time, Seulgi has only embraced the notion of offering friendship to Joohyun and nothing more, so the latter understood if this development brought Seulgi confusing thoughts, conflicted emotions.

Still, Joohyun thought, it's worth taking a chance, Seulgi's worth fighting for, so she asks her every night --

Stay.

Please stay.

Until one night, Seulgi finally did. 

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter