Chap 13

'Pag tayo'y matanda na, sana ---'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All it actually took was one call from Yeri. One call filled with worry.

It was raining hard then. Seulgi has just finally come home after braving for an hour or so the flooded streets of Quezon city with Udling, her yellow volkswagen beetle. She named her beetle after one of the decreasing but oh-so-useful tree species in her home province Negros Occidental. Their number has dwindled so much so that it became one of the two species that have to be cloned by the Department of Science and Technology.

It was already 30 minutes past 7 in the evening. When she answered her phone, she heard Yeri's voice tinged with concern. Apparently, since she and Joohyun couldn't book any ride-hailing transpo, they tried to ride a jeepney or take the bus. As they chased after the bus or a passing jeepney in the flooded highways though, Joohyun lost her balance. She tried to break her fall by using her arm, but in the process, she unfortunately hurt herself.

Seulgi immediately run to Udling after hearing what happened and keyed in the ignition. "Kaya natin 'to, Udling, isang round pa sa baha," she muttered under her breath as she drove to where Joohyun and Yeri were.

She found them trying to take cover at a 7-11 already filled with people. She saw Joohyun's tear-stricken face and Yeri trying to calm her down.

When she saw them, she immediately went to Joohyun, carefully scooped her up and carried her towards Udling. She drove to the nearest hospital so they can have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter