Chap 10

'Pag tayo'y matanda na, sana ---'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

While Seulgi experienced her first heartbreak, Joy has started to fall in love again.

But she waited for one whole year before she acknowledged it. She wanted to be sure not only of what she feels, to be certain that not only she can commit to be with someone again - but far more important than that - she wanted to make sure she can commit to who she has become.

After a year, when she finally felt that yes, she was ready to be with a new love and to love the new her, she decided to tell everything to Seulgi.

She invited her to Elbi. Seulgi, who at that time has adopted an interest in retooling and fixing things that have otherwise been left abandoned at junk shops and scrap yards, brought Joohyun and Yeri with her as they rode her restored 1967 yellow Volkswagen beetle.

When they arrived at Elbi, Joy invited them to go walk up to where Pegaraw - a scultpure that is a cross between a tamaraw and the winged Greek mythical creature Pegasus - is, along with Wendy.

When they reached it, Joy suddenly stopped in her tracks.

She looked at Wendy, gently reached for her hand, and told everyone - "Kami na."

Seulgi's jaw dropped. Yeri hooted. Joohyun just smiled.

"And I brought you all here - because this - this is where the magic happened."

A year ago, while Joy and Wendy were walking by the UPLB library, just near where Pegaraw is, Wendy suddenly stopped and started sweating, her body almost shaking.

"Huy, anong nangyari sa 'yo?" Joy said, worried.

"Naparami ba laklak mo nung choco milk? Sabi naman sa inyo hinay-hinay lang e. Kaya mo pa ba? Siya, tara mag-jeep na tayo, balik na tayo apartment. Dun mo na ilabas lahat ng choco milk na 'yan," she gestured at her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter