Chap 32

'Pag tayo'y matanda na, sana ---'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Old people are confusing.

Ningning couldn't help but think of this as she stares at the woman in front of her and then back at her mom. The woman - who is quite pretty too - called herself as her mom's friend. But her mom didn't really give a big smile when the woman said that, the kind of smile that Ningning will have whenever she is with her playmates and classmates. 

The woman also said she knows her, but she has the vaguest recollection of who she is. 

"Baby ka pa nun Ningning. Nasa loob ka pa ng tiyan ng mama mo. Tapos when your mama gave birth to you, pupunta ko dito, dadalawin kita," the woman said. "Kasama ko si - kasama ko si Tita 'Pre mo nun."

"Kasama mo si Tita 'Pre?" Ningning knitted her eyebrows. 

"Pero si Ma'am Lady lang ang kilala kong kasama palagi ni Tita 'Pre."

"Ning," her mama suddenly said.

"Akyat ka muna 'nak dun kina lola't lolo mo, mag-uusap lang kami," she said, looking at the woman standing by their door.

"Tara na apo, nood muna tayo sa taas ng cartoons," her lola said.

"Basa na lang tayo tungkol kay Mother Cell, lola," Ningning said.

Mother Cell refers to the national scientist Dolores Ramirez, who was called as such for her contribution to the research of genetics. Her Tita 'Pre will tell her that Dr. Ramirez's studies helped the agricultural crops in the Philippines survive. 

"Ang apo ko talaga, daming natututunan kakasama kina Seulgi at Jisoo," her lola said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter