Chap 9

'Pag tayo'y matanda na, sana ---'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

American inventor and statesman Benjamin Franklin once said that nothing is certain in life but death and taxes. Well, you can add one more thing to that list: falling in love.

Two years after she moved to QC, Seulgi fell in love.

But she committed that one mortal sin that a bading should never do (or at least not more than once): she fell in love with a straight woman. 

Seulgi never entertained Joy's continued insinuations that she and Joohyun may have something more than friendly feelings towards each other. She's been in a confusing merry-go-round with her and Wendy before during high school, when she thought Joohyun could have pined for her, but then Joohyun suddenly would be very cosy towards Wendy too, so Seulgi told herself she'd rather extricate herself out of such ambiguous, fickle setup, where feelings and preferences seemed to be constantly vacillating. They were in a situationship even before became the term was coined and became fashionable, and she found out she'd rather not be a part of it. So she set very clear lines: she and Joohyun are friends, just friends, and if Joohyun and Wendy would still have their own whatever undefined thing, then that's their business. Seulgi realized she'd rather opt out of such vague arrangement as she will never get from that setup the one thing she wants most in love and life: clarity. 

So even if she lives with Joohyun now (along with Yeri) and constantly sees her, she never saw her more than as a friend.

She's contented with that. She also never actively looked for any potential romantic partner. 

It's not in her immediate plans.

But love has its own plans for her.  

Seulgi met the first girl who made her fall so deep at a prayer meeting.

Seulgi always, always, keeps her word. When she promised God that she will attend prayer meetings in her work if her best friend Joy passes her licensure exam and becomes a veterinarian, she really found ways to do good on what she said.There were no actual prayer meetings at her job, but when an old workmate as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter