CHAPTER FIVE

Escape From Hell

“EunMi. Park EunMi. I hope we can be great friends.”

-----------------------------
Cho Hee’s eyes slightly widened at the name of her dead cousin, she composed herself and smiled warmly at EunMi. This new student showed no similarities of her cousin but some resemblance to her best friend. Hesitantly, she greeted EunMi, holding in any sort of paranoia while she mingled with Big Bang. Quiet; she was as Cho Hee’s mind visited the sickening past.

“Cho Hee-ah, why are you so quiet?” asked Daesung. She replied with a smile, “It’s nothing, I was just thinking.”

Yoon Hae mentally smirked at how her best friend was in such a daze. She tapped Cho Hee’s shoulder and looked at her innocently, the same way she used to.

“Cho Hee, let’s be best friends! Jiyong-shi said that we are the same age,” Yoon Hae said, giving her a cute eye smile. Cho Hee was stunned at the gesture, nodding after. Yoon Hae was grinning, the others thought that it was because she made new friends but in actuality, she was pleased that she can have the opportunity to remind Cho Hee of everything related to her and make her feel as guilty as possible. Coincidentally, Yoon Hae shared the same room as Cho Hee in the girls’ dorm but it was only temporary for her since she had already bought an apartment.

They spent time together almost every day, and to Cho Hee’s dismay, she was reminded of her actions, forcing herself that she did not feel any regret, that everything was just merely a coincidence. She wasn’t going to let the idea of karma take over her mind. Never.

It was a weekend, Yoon Hae, Cho Hee and Big Bang decided to go to the movies just after they would shop. Yoon Hae found it annoying how Big Bang was always around Cho Hee, it was as if they were protecting her 24/7, she wondered if the male gang would get in her way with her plan. How was she going to have any progress if the guys were always there? While they were in a small jewellery store, Yoon Hae spotted a friendship necklace that was very similar to the one she had shared with Cho Hee before, smirking she secretly went to the counter to pay for the friendship necklaces. After buying the necklace, the group went to find something small to eat. While they waited for their sundae to come out, they sat at a large enough table that would fit all of them. When their food arrived, Yoon Hae opened her side bag and took out a small box that contained the necklaces.

“Cho Hee! I bought this for both of us, it’s just a small appreciation for being my best friend,” Yoon Hae said as she gave Cho Hee the soft jewellery box. The rest of Big Bang leaned in to get a look at what she had bought, Cho Hee’s eyes widened at the pendant, her hands were slightly shaking as she swallowed her saliva.

“Do you like it? It’s cute isn’t it?”

“Y-yeah, it’s very n-nice, thank you EunMi,” Cho Hee forced out a smile.

Jiyong stared at Yoon Hae, softening at how sincere and innocent she was. It was now that his chest started to feel strange. The beating of his heart was in an unusual rhythm that he had not been familiarised. Yoon Hae’s smile fluttered his heart whenever he saw it; her voice soothed him to an extent that he thought he was in heaven. It was then that he started to cherish Yoon Hae more, from that moment he was aware of her more.

“Here, I’ll help you,” Yoon Hae smiled as she put the necklace around Cho Hee, “Are you guys jealous?” she teased.

 Soon, the group were at the cinemas, half of them were deciding what movie they would watch while the other half were getting some popcorn and drinks.

“What genre do you guys prefer? Action or Horror?” questioned Daesung.

“How about some comedy romance?”said Cho Hee as she stared lovingly at the movie poster which starred Lee Min Ho.

“What about you Yoon Hae?” asked Jiyong.

“I don’t really mind,” Yoon Hae shrugged.

“Alright, we’ll just watch that horror movie then,” Daesung pointed.

“Whaaaaa? I didn’t agree to that!” Cho Hee complained but then sighed since she couldn’t change his mind. T.O.P, Taeyang, Seungri came back with buckets of popcorn and drinks, “Have you chosen what movie yet?” Seungri asked.

“Yea, that one,” Daesung said as he nodded to one of the posters hung up.

“You sure? What about the girls?” asked T.O.P.

“They don’t mind,” Daesung said cheerfully.

“If you want, you can hold on to me during the movie,” Taeyang joked but was sincere at the same time.

Cho Hee blushed while Yoon Hae just smiled. As the group headed into the cinema, Jiyong eyed Yoon Hae’s free hand that was swaying back and forth as she walked. He was so tempted to slip his own hand into hers; he wondered how it would feel like at her touch. Soon everyone were seated in a row, Jiyong was on Yoon Hae’s left while Cho Hee on her right, the movie began and the next thing they all knew, it was up the extremely terrifying . Cho Hee jolted everytime, and held onto Taeyang’s arm, everyone except Yoon Hae were frightened. Yoon Hae just scoffed thinking ‘I’ve seen worse.’  Thinking back to when she was in jail for the first year, she had witnessed things that no ordinary person would, even though it was a jail there were still some people who couldn’t control themselves and even committed more crimes. Either killing their cell mate or… well, let’s just say it wasn’t a simple stab in the back or stomach, but something much more gruesome. Of course, that time Yoon Hae was scared to even blink an eye afraid that she would be next. She adapted to the dreadful environment and couldn’t help but grew use to seeing people get hurt. Sure she wanted to help them, but then she thought again, thinking that the person was getting hurt had probably killed people. I mean what else? They were in prison after all.

During the film, Jiyong gave Yoon Hae side glances, hoping that she would be afraid enough to hold onto him. But throughout it all, she showed no emotion whatsoever. Jiyong thought she was a strange girl to not even at least get a small startle. He wasn’t sure of himself when he caught her smiling once. Even Jiyong was slightly afraid.

When the film finally finished, everyone made their way out. Cho Hee was pale, still holding onto Taeyang.

“Did you find the movie scary? I bet you did,” Seungri joked.

“S-shut up!” Cho Hee cried.

“Not sure if it actually was a horror movie, wasn’t scary at all,” Yoon Hae admitted while she shrugged her shoulders. Everyone just starred at her, “What?”

“Nothing,” every one said. Jiyong smiled, proud that the girl he liked was unlike any other female.