CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Escape From Hell

 

“Sh*t!” Yoon Hae swore when her leg knocked down the small bin. The lights were off and it took her a while to pick the lock that was now before her. How surprising that that JiHoon’s office was so easily busted in without as much effort. She fixed the bin upright and put the scrunched paper that fell out back into where it belonged. Her hands hovered against the smooth wall, searching for the switch until she felt a familiar bump on the wall; turning on the switch. The light produced from the bulb above her shone dimly down into the room while Yoon Hae searched for any information she could use against JiHoon himself as well as the case he was working on about her.

Piles of paper were neatly stacked on the left side of JiHoon’s desk as the female figure went through them. When she found nothing of importance to her, she moved onto the file cabinet searching through each one until she found her name. Pulling it out, she sat down on the leather chair while flipping through the information for confirmation before scoffing at all the rubbish she was reading. However, her eyes caught onto something small that was almost hidden on the inside of the desk. It was a small compartment.

“Looks like he isn’t the only one hiding something,” Yoon Hae whispered to herself as she leaned down until she was facing the small compartment. Her fingers lightly grazed onto the carved edges where the compartment opened. Yoon Hae put her strength in to pry it open but she had no luck. When she was about to give another attempt, the sound of someone coughing echoed. Hurriedly, she ran and switched off the lights, preparing to escape through the window until she spotted a stick note on the side. She could hear footsteps coming closer as she jotted down some words before attaching the note on the folder about her case; she intentionally left it on the desk, ready to be seen.

It was only after a few seconds after Yoon Hae climbed outside the window when JiHoon stepped into his office.

“Aish! Where did I-“

The male caught sight of the contents laid upon his desk. The file was opened already where photographs and details could be seen. JiHoon became alerted when he realised someone had broken in…

He checked his room, searching for the unknown person, when he failed to find that being, he sat on his chair staring at the opened contents.

“Park Yoon Hae.”

JiHoon continued to flip through the folder, realising nothing was missing he closed the file before realising a sticky note was stuck onto the folder. His realisation and curiosity emerged when he finally finished ready the small note that was attached.

Do your job properly and find real evidence.

                                                                                                                                -PYH

The male thought deeply. If PYH stood for Park Yoon Hae then that means she was there. If the note was right… If she was right then…

“Would that mean that Yoon Hae was innocent all this time?”

JiHoon sighed in frustration, now confused at the situation. He knew he shouldn’t believe what a piece of paper says but could it be that he could be a little bit wrong? Maybe extremely wrong? He thought he had solved the case and found the criminal. He thought he could differentiate who committed the crime and who were the witness and/or victim. He was a policeman damn it. He became one because he wanted to bring proper justice to the system. To this corrupted society.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yoon Hae quietly sneaked towards her dorm, the darkness enveloped around her along with the dim light from nearby streetlamps. As she was climbing, she felt someone’s tight grip on her shirt, dragging her back down to the ground. Eyes widened in shock when she made contact onto the cement ground, cursing at the pain which had grown.

“Where were you all this time?” A male’s voice sounded. Yoon Hae raised her head to spot Minhyuk (B-Bomb) looking frustratingly at her. The female felt a slight shiver ripple inside her body at Minhyuk’s tone of voice.

“Oh! Hi Minhyuk! I didn’t see you th-“

“Just answer the ing question,” the taller latter sneered. He out of all the Block B members felt the most betrayed. When he realised Yoon Hae’s true motives, he watched the emotions in Block B change from anger and frustration to disappointment. P.O especially became depressed at the knowledge of Yoon Hae’s betrayal towards them. Everyone thought that with all the time they spent together, there would be a strong bond. The intrinsic connection within each other. To be honest, they didn’t mind Yoon Hae’s background, but it was because of the fact that she lied and used them, probably for her own protection.

Minhyuk’s anger rose as he once again fisted Yoon Hae’s collar despite her gender. He admitted to himself that he felt that little something for her. He admitted that whenever he saw her, the corner of his lips would rise into a smile. Not only that but his heartbeat would rise as well.  

“I-I… I was just busy some-“ Yoon Hae was once again interrupted. Not because of Minhyuk’s violence, but because of his lips.

His lips were on her.

His soft lips were pressed against her own.

Her heart leapt in surprise, however his lips were forcibly removed by another male.

Kwon Jiyong.

The male who had fallen for her. The male who trusted her. The male who would do anything for her.

But seeing this?

Seeing his girlfriend kiss another male. What made his blood boil even more was that it was a Block B member. Without a thought, the angered boyfriend slapped Yoon Hae. He wanted to put some sense into her. He wanted the Yoon Hae he loved back. Not the one that would mysteriously disappear. Not the one he saw now.

“I want Park EunMi back. Not Park Yoon Hae who is like this,” Jiyong whispered in frustration. Minhyuk stood there watching.

Jiyong held onto Yoon Hae’s shoulders, shaking her, “Give me back EunMi! I ing want EunMi!” He cried out in anger as tears began to fall.

Yoon Hae stood there heartbroken before replying, “I’m sorry,” while Jiyong slid down, on his knees where his head rested in front of Yoon Hae’s stomach, continuously sobbing as he held Yoon Hae tightly. His heart was crushed.

“I’m sorry, Kwon Jiyong. I’m sorry.”

“I DON’T WANT AN APOLOGY! I WANT YOU TO CHANGE BACK! Don’t give me that sh*t!” He shouted as he weakly pushed Yoon Hae away with anger. The female slightly stubbled backwards.

“I don’t care about what you did in the past. I don’t care if you killed someone. Just don’t… Don’t walk out on me…”

Minhyuk stepped forward towards Yoon Hae,”You killed someone? You must be joking right? I mean even though I’m part of Block B but… we’ve never gone to that extent to actually kill someone. And what the . You even lied to us about your name?”

Yoon Hae looked away guiltily.

“Wow, I’m seriously screwed,” scoffed the Block B member. Although Yoon Hae felt guilty, she could not help but feel anger rise. She loved them but she also hated them. Why?

Because no one was asking for an explanation from her.

Because not one person was willing to listen to her without jumping to conclusions.

 She kept her poker face on as she cried on the inside. I’m not the only one in the wrong.

Yoon Hae turned around them and climbed up the dorm’s gate.

“Running away, murderer?” Minhyuk sneered as he felt foolish for giving Yoon Hae a chance. Yoon Hae landed on the other side of the fence, walking away towards her room. Jiyong stood back up and watched the one he loved walk away behind the gate.

It was like watching his girlfriend already locked up in jail.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Take care and stay safe ^.^