CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Escape From Hell

 

Cho Hee never came into lectures on that day which made Yoon Hae suspicious. Or course she knew her ex-best friend was afraid of her but she also knew that Cho Hee wasn’t someone who would ditch class because of personal matters like that. Jiyong had also noticed this and had become cautious even when he was with the one he liked. He had also observed his girlfriend as she left the dorms to visit Block B.

His fist would tighten every time when he saw her pass him as if he was invisible. The thought of his girlfriend cheating on him made him frustrated which resulted him to have some aggression towards anything or anyone. He didn’t realise that he had bumped into a small figure until he saw the person in front of him.

“Cho Hee… What are you doing here? Where have you been, it’s like you went missing or something,” Jiyong joked but after a few seconds it became a frown. Seeing the girl on the ground in front of him shiver as she held on what looked like some sort of documents.

“What’s wrong? You know I was just joking right?” Jiyong spoke as he offered his hand but was rejected when Cho Hee did not move from her position.

“EunMi…is my best friend,” she whispered.

“Yea, we kind of figured that out,” Jiyong said as he crouched down.

“No… she was my best friend, I knew her before; I-I knew her. I thought she looked so familiar…” Cho Hee trailed off. Jiyong was confused with the words that came out of .

“What are you talking about?” he questioned slightly getting annoyed because of his curiosity.

“Jiyong! Do me a favour? You’d do it right?!”

The latter hesitated before nodding.

“Stay away from Yoon- I mean EunMi! Just for now at least okay?”

“Cho Hee, you know what you’re talking about right? EunMi is my girlfriend, how can I just stay away from her,” Jiyong said in a stern voice.

“Y-You don’t understand!” Cho Hee cried out, ”You won’t ever understand!”

Cho Hee continued to cry while Jiyong stayed clueless as he attempted to comfort her. As the tears kept coming, the truth kept coming in her mind. She had no idea where the documents came from but they just happened to appear in front of her dorm room.

Flashback

Cho Hee gave a heavy sigh as she starred at EunMi’s bed. She couldn’t help but wonder where she had gone to especially when her roommate showed her true colours. Cho Hee took a quick shower and changed into comfortable clothing as she prepared to go to the lecture that would occur in ten minutes. As she opened the door and slipped her shoes in clumsily, she paused mid-way as she saw an unknown folder rest on the ground in front of her. Curiosity took over as she leaned forward to pick up the folder, examining it whether it was addressed to someone but unfortunately she found no name whatsoever. As she flipped open the folder, photographs of EunMi appeared that was attached by a paperclip with files of information.

Her eye brows furrowed as she continued to flip through until she saw her roommate’s profile. What shocked her was the name that was imprinted next to a small image.

“Park Yoon Hae…”

Cho Hee looked left and right before going back into the room. Quickly locking the door and sat on her bed as she went through the documents. Her breathing was difficult as she was taking in all the information that had abruptly appeared in front of her door. The phrase ‘escaped fromprison’ was the last thing she read. Everything made sense now.

Everything.

Every appearance Yoon Hae made.

Every threat.

Every motive.

Cho Hee knew what was coming… She knew she was in big trouble, and she also knew that she was trapped in her own little horror story.

Out of anger she threw the files in frustration. Her piercing scream was released as it echoed in her room. She picked up a small lamp and threw it at the wall, smashing it to pieces; each glass brought her back to the past. Cho Hee’s anger continued as she pushed the items off of a small desk, she went into the bathroom and began opening the small cupboards and threw every necessity on the floor messily before she started to beat up her bed as well as Yoon Hae’s. She angrily ripped off the ‘friendship’ necklace that hung around her neck, clutching it tightly.

Sweat had already formed and her hair was all out of place. Her fringe stuck onto her face, blocking most of her facial features.

End of flashback.

As Jiyong continued to pat Cho Hee’s back, a figure watched in the distance. The female watched them as she smirked when she had seen some contents in the folder that unnoticeably slipped out. Once the two left, the figure came towards the piece that had fallen on to the ground.

“So now you know… “Yoon Hae picked up the photograph of her with Block B, she knew that the photograph was taken by the man she injured but what she also knew that it wasn’t Cho Hee that made him do it. She knew Cho Hee didn’t have such time to have someone follow her especially that she knew Cho Hee wouldn’t waste money on such things.

Yoon Hae hadn’t been attending university properly, only a few classes to where she could keep a low profile; away from Cho Hee. During other times, she hung out with Block B, also hoping the photographer would show up but unfortunately, there was no sight of the man…

Until three hours ago she spotted him while she was with Block B...

Flashback

“Yah Yah YAH! What are you doing!?” U-Kwon shouted when P.O. had attempted to secretly steal U-Kwon’s food. Block B and Yoon Hae were at a small store eating… As Yoon Hae laughed along she noticed a familiar figure that had passed outside the store.

“It’s him…”

“Who?” asked B-Bomb as she glanced outside to where Yoon Hae was looking at, the rest of Block B followed the direction in curiosity. Without a moment noticed, Yoon Hae quickly ran out and followed the man with a camera hanging from his neck. Block B followed after putting money on the table and left as well.

 “Who are we following again?” Kyung questioned.

“I’m not sure myself, but he was the one that was following me first,” Yoon Hae whispered.

“So…Okay…” P.O trailed off unknowingly.

They continued following stranger for what seems like half an hour. Without a realising, the group saw B-Bomb approach the man and pushed him to a place that was overshadowed. The rest of Block B followed in panic with Yoon Hae last.

“Who are you!?” B-Bomb exclaimed as his hands clutched the man’s wrinkled shirt.

“Hyung! He’s an old man, he won’t be able to say anything if you hold him that tightly,” said Jaehyo when he reached the elder member. Minhyuk (B-Bomb )had slightly calmed down while Yoon Hae stood forward.

“Why are you following me? No, who made you follow me?” Yoon Hae asked with her brows raised in curiosity. The man said nothing…

“Now, you wouldn’t want your hand to get hurt again don’t you? … Who sent you?” she threatened, even surprising Block B with her demanding tone.

“J-J-Ji Hoo-“

End of flashback.

AUTHOR’S NOTE

Sorry sorry sorry sorry~

*insert excuse for not updating*

Take care and stay safe!