CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Escape From Hell

 

“I can’t believe it… So you’re actually letting me take revenge on Cho Hee?”

“As long as it does not involve violence or any law breaking… It’s the least I can do even though I’m risking my job but… You really do a good job in making me feel guilty,” JiHoon said half-jokingly and half serious to Yoon Hae. The female shrugged at the older male.

The two were in his office. It was a day where the protagonist didn’t have classes. And since Yoon Hae was bored, she decided that she would go bother the officer regardless of his job. Once she had told him the whole story, she kind of considered him to be on her side… in a way. She was on his leather chair spinning while JiHoon was looking through files in his cabinet.

“It would help if you looked for substantial evidence for Cho Hee’s crime you know,” JiHoon muttered.

Yes. They have both concluded that Yoon Hae’s revenge was to bring herself to justice(even though she wanted to slap Cho Hee non-stop).

“You do it. You’re the police. I’m just a university student deciding on what I should do about my love life,” the female lazily replied back. JiHoon sighed, turning around to face her.

“Firstly, for your information, it’s your revenge, not mine. I’m just… assisting. And secondly. I’m also a human being and… I have a girlfriend.”

“Alright,” Yoon Hae scoffed sarcastically.

“I’m serious.”

“Yea, so was I when I said I was innocent.”

“Look I said I was sorry alright. Be mature and just accept it like an adult,” said JiHoon before returning to the cabinet.

Yoon Hae just replied a, “Whatever,” before once again, noticing the small hidden compartment.

“Hey, what’s in the hidden compartment in your desk?”

“It’s hidden for a reason and god damnit! Where did I put the file!?”

“It’s in the third cabinet front the top, somewhere in the front,” Yoon Hae directed as she began scribbling on a blank of paper. JiHoon looked at Yoon Hae who was shrugging, “I know where I snoop okay?”

JiHoon finally found her file, taking it out effortlessly.

“So, what evidence have you gotten?” Yoon Hae questioned the male who sat in the seat opposite her in front of his own desk.

“Most of the evidence would lead towards you as the murderer. The only thing we have about Cho Hee are probably the basics. So-“

“We’ve got nothing,” Yoon Hae stated, “It’s okay.”

“Yoon Hae. To arrest Cho Hee you need evidence. Did you not learn at school or anything?”

“Yea yea, but we can make her give us evidence.”

“And how so?”

“I was Cho Hee’s best friend, I think I would know her weaknesses…”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Minhyuk was pacing around in front of Block B’s living room.

“Hyung! Can you please stop! At least don’t do it while I’m watching the TV!” P.O complained. U-Kwon did not hesitate to kick Minhyuk regardless of their bromance relationship.

“Guys get over here, I need to talk to you guys!” Minhyuk called as he snatched the TV remote, turning the off the tube (TV).

“What the hell!” Taeil, who was sitting on the floor regardless of his age complained. Block B piled into the room, squishing into the couch as they pushed among each other. Being the toughest one, Zico ended up taking the whole couch, lying down sideways with an arm supporting his head. Taeil sighed when he saw Jaehyo repeatedly get pushed back down onto the ground by Zico.

“Guys, just let him be,” said Taeil. When everyone was quite, Minhyuk heaved a breath.

“I know who Yoon Hae really is.”

“Who?” Kyung questioned.

“EunMi is Yoon Hae. Yoon Hae is EunMi’s real name…”

“And… ”

“And she’s a murderer,” Minhyuk stated. Block B thought about what Minhyuk said for a moment.

Shocked. Speechless. Amazed?

They were amazed to even think that someone like Yoon Hae would have killed someone.

“Are you sure? I mean… It’s Yoon Hae we’re talking about. The Yoon Hae that’s been hanging out with us. The Yoon Hae we got to know more about over time,” Jaehyo commented.

“Yea, I mean. I’ve never felt threatened by her even once… Well, except that time when she blocked my punch but that was only because she didn’t want a fight to break out,” Zico reinforced.

“Minhyuk, how do you know about this?” Taeil questioned, although he was suspicious, he wanted to confirm it with the male. Block B halted their current thoughts, instantly changing it to curiosity to fit Taeil’s question.

Minhyuk sighed, admitting that he had gone to see her. The other members began shouting besides the eldest one.

“Are you mad at her? I mean. Are we really mad at her? ” U-Kwon honestly asked because he felt that he somehow should understand the mysterious female who had walked into their lives. Although he felt betrayed and hurt, he still had this feeling that he, as well as Block B did her wrong. No one has ever questioned Yoon Hae about her past to begin with so why were they like this now? Block B had always respected Yoon Hae ever since they grew close but the idea of hating the female kind of scared him because it was not all her fault.

Zico saw the way U-Kwon spoke. Passion was emitted from him as well from guilt. From the eyes of the leader he saw it all. The emotions that the latter had kept inside bottled up until now. Everything from U-Kwon was let out. The leader watched the other members, their reactions. Their aura.

Taeil was just concerned for Block B’s well-being.

 Jaehyo was confused with the situation.

Kyung was letting out his true feelings of betrayal, but inside Zico knew he was hurt.

P.O, the maknae. He was depressed at the thought of Yoon Hae.

And Minhyuk?

Zico sighed. He knew the latter’s feelings of affection towards the female who betrayed them. He saw the heartbreak and hurt being masked with anger and frustration. Zico knew it wasn’t just the new discovery about Yoon Hae but also the fact that she did not love Minhyuk. Because they all knew that it was Jiyong, the leader of Big Bang. Their enemies.

“Minhyuk,” Zico voiced, “Tell us why you are doing this? We know about your feelings but is this really the right thing?”

Block B was silenced as they watched the latter hesitate.

“Hyung, we we’re betrayed as well. But why are-“

“Stop it.” Minhyuk interrupted the maknae, as he walked towards his room.

“Aish! Stop being a coward!” Kyung shouted, “What do you expect our lives to be!? Simple? Easy? If so, then WHY ARE YOU HERE! STOP THINKING THAT YOU’RE THE ONLY ONE THAT GOT HURT!”

“Look Kyung, I-“

“I’ve had enough of you,” Kyung walked out of the building in total frustration. Zico sighed before following Kyung out the door. Minhyuk sighed as well, going into his room…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Jiyong. Are you going to be alright?” Seunghyun asked.

“Yea… I just need to think about some things alone.”

The older male patted the younger before sighing, leaving the leader in his room. Seunghyun sighed again, concerned for Jiyong. The rest of the members waited patiently outside for any response.

“What are we going to do about Jiyong? He’s been like this for a while now,” Taeyang commented. Even Daesung was not in his happy mood, realising even his jokes could not lighten up the atmosphere regardless if it was funny or not. He just knew that it was a wrong time to do anything like he always did. Even the witty Seungri did not make any remarks. The only thing they could do was to wait. Even if it took forever, they wanted to show how much they truly cared for Jiyong.

“Let him be. He will come to us when he’s ready,” said Seunghyun. Everyone nodded as they did their own activities in silence. Seunghyun and Taeyang took their time by cooking some food, leaving Daesung and Seungri to talk among themselves, reminiscing the past.

“I miss Noona,” Seungri stated as Daesung nodded, “Should we visit her? You know… we can try and fix things up between her and Jiyong…”

Daesung shook his head, “We don’t even know where she could be right now.”

The two sighed in distress once again.

When the chefs finished placing their deliciously cooked food onto the table, the smell of aroma lifted the atmosphere slightly. Even Jiyong came out of his room when the other members sat at the table. They watched their leader take a seat, lifting the pair of chopsticks that lay rested next to the bowl of rice.

“Gwenchana?” Taeyang questioned. Jiyong nodded before lifting the food into his mouth but stopped midway.

“Yah, aren’t you guys going to eat? Or am I eating everything here” he asked.

Big Bang smiled before the maknae gave a firm nod, digging into the food. The rest chuckled before taking a bite as well. Although they were in a tense situation, they still managed to keep up a comfortable atmosphere like a family.

“I’m going to talk to her,” Jiyong stated, “I need to know what she really thinks… I need to know the real truth.”

Big Bang nodded, as they continued to eat their meal.

“We’ll be there by your side,” Daesung cheered on…

AUTHOR'S NOTE

No edits have been made due to laziness xP

Take care and stay safe!