CHAPTER TWELVE

Escape From Hell

~ The Past - continued ~

Yoon Hae and Cho Hee sat in different rooms. Each room was similar, walls that were painted grey and a mirror on one side of the room. A table in the middle and 2 chairs opposite each other…

Yoon Hae bit her lip nervously as she played with her fingers that lay on the cold metal table. ‘Must protect Cho Hee, must protect-‘her thoughts were interrupted as the door opened and the same chief from before came in with files of information and a bottle of water. It was then that when he sat down, Yoon Hae had a closer look at his appearance. His masculine body slightly scared her thinking that he might use force to get the truth out however, she had to admit that he had decent eyes, his lips were tempting but she knew that he was in a way her enemy.

“Here,” the chief put the bottle of water in front of her as Yoon Hae slowly reached out and grabbed it.

“T-Thanks,” she said while she took a small sip, as she did so she read the tag on his uniform ‘Jung JiHoon.’

“Alright let’s start. What exactly were you doing at the time of Kim EunMi’s death?“

“I-I… We were having a sleep over,” Yoon Hae mumbled quietly.

“And what were you doing?”

“Just talking… Like any other people would-“

“Don’t lie to me!” he interrupted her as he slammed the desk with his palm.

Yoon Hae’s eyes widened when his hand made contact with the metal. She grasp on to her hands in panic, her heartbeat increased rapidly in fright. As the silence continued, JiHoon became impatient.

“W-What are-“

“Your ‘friend’ told me it was you that killed her,” said JiHoon.

All Yoon Hae could do was shake her head in disbelief; she would never believe the things people would say to her just to get what they want.

“Want proof?” he pulled out a recorder and pressed the play button. Yoon Hae listened to the conversation Cho Hee had with JiHoon.

“She did it! I saw Yoon Hae kill her, I tried to stop her but she just kept going! Yoon Hae had always had a grudge against my cousin since they were competitive at school...” The recorder stopped abruptly.

Yoon Hae stayed silent with her head down.

“Park Yoon Hae, you are under arrest for the murder of Kim EunMi.” 

Rain clasp the handcuffs tightly around Yoon Hae’s wrist and led her to a small cell that the police owned, just before going to court which would be held in the next couple of days…

When Yoon Hae was locked she thought deeply to what her best friend had said, “She wouldn’t do that to me…”

And just at that moment, a small scrunched up piece of paper was thrown at her. She looked up to spot Cho Hee walking by giving a sympathetic smile. When her friend left, Yoon Hae secretly opened the scrunched paper and noticed Cho Hee’s writing.

‘I will get you out.’

And with that, Yoon Hae believed what was written, dismissing any thoughts of her friend’s betrayal… And the lies she did not realise when she read the note.

AUTHOR’S NOTE

Just in case if anybody didn’t know Rain’s full name is Jung JiHoon :)

The chapter is short... just like my height xD

Take care and stay safe!