CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Escape From Hell

 

Yoon Hae arrived back in her dorm room after what felt like forever. Her possessions weren’t touched as expected. Cho Hee was quietly sleeping on her bed. Yoon Hae washed up and laid on her bed in deep thought before she heard her roommate shift facing towards her.

“Is it really you?” a soft voice spoke out.

“So you weren’t sleeping after all,” Yoon Hae said.

“I take that as a yes? … Look Yoon Hae, I didn’t mean to-“

“Cut the cr*p Cho Hee. We both know that it’s your fault that I ended up in jail. You said we were going to do things together and there you were, telling them that I was the one that killed your cousin. Like, what the , why would you do that to me after everything we’ve been through…” Yoon Hae ranted as her heart ache at the memory of their so called friendship.

“I really didn’t me –“

“Mean to put me in jail? Seriously Cho Hee!” Yoon Hae frustratingly stood back up from the bed and turn on the lights to get a better view, ”You’ve put me through so much while… while you just prance of the Uni and continue your life like nothing happened! Was I really anything to you? Do you know how much trouble you caused not only to me but also my family! They’re probably now labelled as the people who raised a murderer! What would people think of them!?”

“It was just my instinct okay! I can’t help it when there’s a damn police screaming at me!”

Yoon Hae angrily slapped her friend hard, “In the end they will find out who really did it. I don’t have to do anything to make you miserable because it will come. Everything you have now. Everyone that you have now… They will all disappear. One. By. One.”

Cho Hee shivered at the thought of having no one. If she didn’t have anyone then the chances of her being found out were greater to the extent that it would be her in jail.

“Sweet dreams~” Yoon Hae cooed out and left to the infirmary, she did not want to see or deal with Cho Hee anymore at the moment after her outburst. As she left the room, she heard Cho Hee scream in distress while she had a playful smirk on her. As a result, some girls who lived in the rooms nearby walked out the door sleepily.

“What the hell?”

“Didn’t that sound like Cho Hee?”

“Let’s go check out on her.”

A few girls walked towards the room giving Yoon Hae suspicious glances. They knocked on the door to see that it wasn’t locked at all.

“Oh my gosh! Cho Hee are you alright?”

“What happened!?”

They found the female on the floor.

Fine. I guess I’ll have to do things my way… again.

“Sooyoung-ah!” Cho Hee let out a loud sob before she hugged the taller friend. The girls were surprised at her sudden cries but comforted her reguardless as they questioned her.

“E-EunMi said I was a b*tch and a lowlife sl*t. I don’t u-understand w-why she would say that to m-me. A-and she just s-slapped me for no r-reason,” Cho Hee cried out. The girls comforted her but their frustrations began to rise as they believed Cho Hee. Sooyoung and Seohyun continued to comfort their friend while Taeyeon, being the eldest and a protective person ran outside searching for Yoon Hae but she had no luck. Sandara and her friends just happened to hear over the conversation, smirking as they could use Cho Hee as an excuse to bully Yoon Hae. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yoon Hae walked on and on. Her body shivered as she continued to hate herself. Why? Because she didn’t have the guts to do it…

She didn’t have the guts to hurt her best friend even more.

A part of her didn’t want her ‘friend’ to feel what she felt, she didn’t want to see herself in another person. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Do you like that!? Huh b*tch?” Sandara pulled Yoon Hae’s with a strong force that even the girl was having trouble balancing herself. The males watched, some in curiosity while some hoping the fight would continue as they watched in amusement. Big Bang were also watching far enough not to attract attention. They didn’t know what to do. Save the betrayer or give her what she deserves.

Jiyong watched in pain, he wanted to stop everything but he could not help it. He could not help but face the facts.

“Should we help EunMi?” Seungri asked unsure.

“Is that even her name?” Taeyang questioned in an annoyed tone.

“It’s not like she really did anything to us… Physically,” Daesung stated.

“What do you think, Jiyong? She is your girlfriend after all,” said T.O.P. He didn’t want to take sides of whether he should hate or like Yoon Hae.

“Was… She was my girlfriend. And her real name Park Yoon Hae,” Jiyong replied.

High pitched voices squealed out as the girls continued to fight. Insults were thrown to each other in a sinister manner.

“You attention seeking wh*re!” Yoon Hae threw back. Before they could continue their fight, a small voice whispered out.

“Murderer.”

Everything turned silent as the people stared at the petite girl who was now in front. Soft murmurs amongst each other began. Big Bang stood frozen.

“Oh, don’t start Cho Hee,” Yoon Hae said in a stern voice as she took a step towards Cho Hee. The petite female stepped back, frightened.

Playing the innocent card I see?

“Say that one more time,” Yoon Hae dared her ex-best friend.

“Murderer,” Cho Hee said loudly but still showed that scared façade in front of everyone. By now, everyone started to question each other about what was happening.

“You want to see a murderer? Look at yourself then! Who was the one that hated EunMi in the first place!? Who was the one that started the fight!? Who was the one that took a knife and plunge it in her own cousin!? WHO THE WAS THE ONE THAT PUSHED THE ALREADY BLEEDING EUNMI!”

The place was silent again. Their shouts had attracted the staff members of the University. Some arrived and began pulling the savage Yoon Hae.

“YAH! JUST BECAUSE I WAS WILLING TO DO THINGS FOR YOU, IT DOESN’T MEAN YOU CAN PUT ME IN JAIL FOR WHAT YOU’VE DONE!!”

Yoon Hae was finally dragged away out of sight. Big Bang watched Yoon Hae being pulled away from the corner of their eyes.

In less than an hour, rumours began to spread like wild fire. People would be taking sides. Some of the people began to exaggerate the occurrence. A majority of the University were siding with Cho Hee for the reason that they knew her more… Everywhere they went. Everywhere Cho Hee went, she received pity looks; she was always comforted.

Big Bang watched the change happen.

They watched Cho Hee become even more popular.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Please wait here while we make a call, Ms Park”

Yoon Hae sighed as she dropped onto the chair as the DEAN (similar to a principle but for University) began dialling the phone. A half an hour of waiting, the door opened, revealing a handsome man. It wasn’t just any ordinary man, but a familiar one as well. The female student was on alert as she stood up in shock.

The two were only a metre away from each other, staring face to face.

“This is Jung JiHoon, an officer/detective,” the elderly lady introduced. The masculine male raised his arm out, waiting for a hand shake, a soft smile on his face.

“Nice to meet you.”

Yoon Hae shook his hand despite the fact that she wanted to break it. The DEAN sat in her chair before she gestured the two figures to have a seat next to each other.

“Now, Ms Park, do you know why I you are here with Mr. Jung here?”

“To give me a stupid lecture? To get him to lecture me?” she said sarcastically. The elderly shook her head sternly before replying.

“I am sure that you have heard the rumours. I have also heard them as well and real or not, I do want to know about these past happenings-“

“What’s he doing here then?” Yoon Hae interrupted as she pointed at JiHoon. The male did not respond to her comment and offensive gesture however.

“Ms. Park. Please confirm whether these rumours about you and Ms. Kim (Cho Hee) are true…”

“You’re the first…” Yoon Hae whispered as she looked down at her lap. Her heart was beating rapidly. JiHoon curiously looked over at the female next to him. It was a time when Yoon Hae looked so vulnerable… So… innocent.

“Excuse me?” the DEAN questioned.

“You’re the first to question me about that. You’re the first person to not jump to conclusions so easily…”

“Ms. Park, I fear for your safety if you do not tell the truth to me and JiHoon. He has also told me about his investigation on you.”

Yoon Hae’s eyebrow rose as she turned to face the male before scoffing.

“Not to be disrespectful but can I only talk to JiHoon privately?” The university student asked before receiving a nod from the university authoritarian. The elderly woman left, leaving the two people in the room alone. It was quiet at first. The slim figure was in deep thought before she spoke up.

“Why are you really here?”

The latter faced the female, “I know you’ve been in my office, and… I… There’s a part of me that feels that I did wrong to the justice system… In other words, I have taken in consideration at the thought that you may be innocent all this time…”

“You think about my innocence after putting me in jail? You think about this sh*t after putting me through hell?” Yoon Hae scoffed frustratingly. What has this world become? This cruel and hostile world that is based on greed.

“I understand that you feel frustration towards me-“

“Hatred. I feel hatred towards you.” She corrected.

“Yes, that. But please, I am trying to help you now. This is your chance to redeem yourself from getting into any more trouble.”

Their silence filled the room. Yoon Hae thought deeply. She thought about the outcomes. The pros and the cons. She thought about everything…

She thought about Jiyong…

Giving a sigh before she spoke…

“Alright. I’ll tell you everything.”

AUTHOR'S NOTES

Even I wasn't expecting myself to teem them up xD

So my grade received our jerseys just a couple of days ago, and its so cool because it's reversable. So like 2 in 1! Chyea [I'm such a cheapo xD]

Take care and stay safe!