9.

Strangers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Heechul's Pov] 

 

“Can you wait me? Your parents invited us and I'll pick you up there once I'm done with my work.” Jungsoo said on the other line. I put in on loudspeaker because I was busy preparing my lunch.

 

“Why? I can go there alone.”

 

“I'll change and wear more comfortable clothes. Don't ever leave without me.”

 

“You're so aaaargh!” 

 

“Is that clear? I'll be home at 5.”

 

“Whate— wait someone's knocking.”

 

“Who? Don't tell me you invited someone?”

 

“Sssh! You're so loud and stressing me.”

 

While we were having a conversation, I opened the door and saw Kyunghoon in front of the door. He was smiling and I couldn't help but smile back. Why is he here though?

 

“Kyunghoon? What brings you here?” I asked him, gave him space and asked him to come in. 

 

“I was taking a walk and passed by here so I decided to drop by and of course, to visit you.” Kyunghoon explained. He made his way inside while I started to walk back, he was behind me.

 

“Suit yourself. Anything you want?” I asked him as he sat down.

 

“Water would be fine.”

 

“Just water? You sure?”

 

“Yes.”

 

I went to the kitchen and poured him a water. While I was about to get back where he was, someone suddenly spoke and it made me flinch. I completely forgot Jungsoo. That guy didn't hang up and he was listening to our conversation. 

 

“Who's that guy?”

 

“My friend. I'm hanging up now! See you later.” I replied and ended our conversation.

 

I handed the water and sat down next to him. I watched him as he gulped down the water and he looked really thirsty. I accidentally made a sound, I laughed. His eyes are on me and Kyunghoon look so confused.

 

“I'm sorry.” I apologized.

 

“What's funny?” He asked me, slowly frowning but still have a smile on his face.

 

“You look so thirsty. Where are you going?”

 

“Grocery store. You wanna come with me?” He asked me.

 

“If it's fine with you...” I said. Of course I would love that! I'm still not familiar with this place so It's gonna be better if I try to go outside with someone who knows every areas and streets.

 

“Sure. Let's go.” Kyunghoon said, standing up and waiting for me.

 

 

[Jungsoo's Pov] 

 

“What's with your face? You look upset.” Eunhyuk said as he went inside my office.

 

“Nothing. Anyway, why are you here? We just met a few days ago.” I asked him and put down my phone. I started to work on my papers and saw Eunhyuk sitting in front of me.

 

Eunhyuk is my friend. He's the one I met last time and had a dinner with. We've known each other since college and we still keep in touch. He's the only remaining friend I've had as of now—kidding.

 

“I'm bored.”

 

“As always. I need to leave at 5. Heechul's parents invited us for dinner. I have to be there because the last time they invited me, I didn't show up.” I informed him, eyes were still on my papers.

 

“Are you really going to do this? You don't love him.” At that moment, I slowly lifted my face and looked at him. 

 

“I've already explained my situation. I will do this for everyone's sake. It looks like it's easy to learn how to love him—” He cut me off.

 

“What if your plans didn't go well as you planned? You'd end up hurting him and fooling yourself. Aren't you being so harsh?” Eunhyuk said.

 

“Hyuk, I know what I'm doing and I'll stick with this. He's a nice person and I know, everything will turn out well between the two of us.” I replied with a force smile.

 

I trust myself in this. I believe everything will turn out well and I won't hurt him.. I just need more time and gain his trust. This isn't easy but I know what's happening right now will be all worth it.

 

“I'm leaving. My fiancé is waiting for me.” I informed my secretary and gathered my things.

 

“Have a lovely day.” She smiled and bowed a bit.

 

After doing my stuff, I decided to go home and it's still 4 o'clock in the afternoon—He knows I'll be home at 5 but I want to rest a bit so I decided to leave early. While I was driving home, my eyes traveled somewhere and saw Heechul with someone. It seems like they went to a grocery store and they bought a lot of things. I honked and became the reason to get their attention. I rolled down the window and lowered my head to see his face. Heechul bent down his body and saw me inside the car. As soon as he saw me, he rolled his eyes and was about to walk away but it didn't happen when I called him.

 

“Heechul, get inside.” I said. My eyes shifted to the man next to him. I couldn't fully see his face but when he peeked inside, I remembered him. That guy was our neighbor! It's him again. Why are they together?

 

“I'm walking home. Leave me—” I cut him off.

 

“Are you going to get inside or do you want me to carry you?” I said, giving him an option.

 

“Is he your friend? The one you talked about the first time we've met. You guys are living together, right?” Kyunghoon butted in.

 

“I'm not his friend.” I laughed.

 

“Huh?”

 

“I'm his fiancé.”

 

 

Heechul has been avoiding me ever since we arrived at home. He had no choice but to go with me. We first dropped off Kyunghoon in front of his house. All the things they bought were for Kyunghoon and said Heechul only accompany him.

 

“Are you ready?” I asked him, knocking his door.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter